• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament changes

Aritra

I am a bit bummed about this change. As a new player the increase of relics is pretty significant to me. I did a fair amount of preparation for the last silk tournament as it is one of my boosted relics. It turned out quite well for me. I was preparing for the upcoming tournament as it is also for one of my boosted relics. I have made significant choices in what I researched, which territories I scouted, and how I was approaching my progress with the intent of maximizing my relic gain in this upcoming tournament. It turns out that that may have been wasted energy. I enjoyed the strategy and planning as learning to play well is what games are about.

Now it seems like it won't matter as much, but I guess as long as the Fellowship rewards are still specific to the type of tournament then that effort won't be completely pointless.
I have gotten used to a certain inventory spike and ration to the next tourney of that relic type, in particular the relics I use most in crafting. Depending on how this goes, I expect it will take a cycle or two to rebalance, but I'll adjust. Hopefully, the mix of incoming relics will keep me stocked in what I actually want the most (those weeks I had hit the tourney hardest, lesser needed relics warranting appropriate tourney contribution but not the extra push).

Guurt The Destroyer

@Guurt The Destroyer it is true that your particular preparation may not pay off this round, but you will also receive those relics in the next tournament and the one after that. The total number of provinces open will matter more than having provinces of specific types.

A thought: This could encourage players to scout and clear more evenly in rings, which is to the benefit of newer players. I know my cleared provinces look a little starfishy as I tried especially hard to clear provinces for my boost tournaments.

I prefer having choices. I opened up Very Hard spaces because it made sense. Making things more even only means I as a player I have less choices. Choices and strategy are what makes a game a game. Take away too many choices and a game's quality is degraded.

Alram

Flippers just flip
I prefer having choices. I opened up Very Hard spaces because it made sense. Making things more even only means I as a player I have less choices. Choices and strategy are what makes a game a game. Take away too many choices and a game's quality is degraded.
You can still choose to open up as many very hard spaces as you want to.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
It is a copy/paste of the Beta announcement, like normal for all the Live forums. I think someone at Inno screwed up and did not tell @helya this was not supposed to be posted yet, especially since this is not on the EN International forum, and they always get the announcements several hours before we do.
The first part of the announcement talked about tournament participation trophies that were already available on Beta and will now be available here. That sounds like something that was written for Live Worlds, not a cut/paste.

Guurt The Destroyer

You can still choose to open up as many very hard spaces as you want to.

Why would I without a benefit to doing so? If all tournaments are the same then there is no advantage and thus no point in doing so and thus no choice. I do not consider doing something for no real benefit to be a choice. Sure I have the choice to sell all my buildings and start over, but what would be the point?

I am not sure how much this change will really make all the tournaments the same. But if they are all the same then for me a level of strategy will have been removed. That is disappointing to me if that turns out to be the case. It might not be the case. I have to wait and see.

Alram

Flippers just flip
@Guurt The Destroyer
You still benefit from clearing your boosted provinces because you gain those relics. You still benefit from clearing your cc relic provinces because you gain those relics. This change means that even on the three "useless" to a new player tourneys, you will gain some useful to you relics.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
It is a copy/paste of the Beta announcement, like normal for all the Live forums. I think someone at Inno screwed up and did not tell @helya this was not supposed to be posted yet, especially since this is not on the EN International forum, and they always get the announcements several hours before we do.
We were actually told this was a go this morning, and while I usually post our updates late in the day, today I was early. Sadly too early, since the start date was retracted this afternoon :D

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Can you explain this in more detail? Please
KP redistribution - Knowledge Points will be redistributed so that new players will more easily understand that you can get valuable Knowledge Points in tournaments.
I'll have to get more specific details per province, but my understanding is that all of the provinces from 10 and up won't give identical rewards each round anymore. The end result per province to round 6 should remain the same. I'll do my best to get some absolute data for you. Might be once the Tourney starts in beta tomorrow though when I can run through it and see.

Also, how do the tournament trophies work?
Fellowships earn a trophy for 10 chests and a different trophy for each additional chest. It's possible there is a different Trophy for less than 10 chests but I'm not clear on that.

Will the resources required to negotiate be the same?
Yes.

And can I get a Participation Trophy?
Sure, here you go.
1622493624687.png

I have gotten used to a certain inventory spike and ration to the next tourney of that relic type, in particular the relics I use most in crafting.
The relic requirements for crafting will be adjusted as follows.

Overall: No spell should share costs with combining catalysts.
Power of Provision: Good Quality 2 Boosted plus 2 -> Good Quality 2 Boosted plus 1
Ensorcelled Endowment: Good Quality 1 Boosted plus 2 -> Good Quality 1 Boosted plus 1
Magical Manufacturing: Good Quality 3 Boosted plus 2 -> Good Quality 3 Boosted plus 1
Inspired Meditation: Good Quality 2 Boosted plus 1 -> Good Quality 1 Boosted plus 1

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The relic requirements for crafting will be adjusted as follows.

Overall: No spell should share costs with combining catalysts.
Power of Provision: Good Quality 2 Boosted plus 2 -> Good Quality 2 Boosted plus 1
Ensorcelled Endowment: Good Quality 1 Boosted plus 2 -> Good Quality 1 Boosted plus 1
Magical Manufacturing: Good Quality 3 Boosted plus 2 -> Good Quality 3 Boosted plus 1
Inspired Meditation: Good Quality 2 Boosted plus 1 -> Good Quality 1 Boosted plus 1

So if I am understanding that correctly, all enchantments will now use boosted+1 relics only because the CCs use boosted+2 relics?

Deleted User - 848894468

Change is inevitably no matter if it is good or bad -- so far I see they are only talking about the tournament -- did everyone forget that you still have the regular battles on the map, the Magic Academy where you can craft relics and doing your neighborly help?

Sure, the three items I listed above are not as reliable and or as frequent as knowing your going to immediately get a relic with tournament every battle in the tournament, how hard will it be?

Currently I am on my way out of Chapter 6 and just hit 700% on my boosted supplies, it was a bit hard to make enough supplies without being told to make more production factories - with the space constraints this will be a little harder for newbies, this will certainly be more challenging

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 848894468

At the end of the announcement Helya specified the changes would apply to the tournament that starts June 1st.

If you go to the first item in this thread and click on the "announcement" link Helya has in the paragraph the date indicates June 8th for the regular worlds - believe June 1rst is for Beta

Last edited by a moderator:

EyeScream

I am not sure what is written here but I wanted to get in my 2cents from the beta forum since I don't have an account there. I really like this person response

I do not like this change as described.
As @guivou has described my relic supplies are not evenly balanced either, in fact mine are more out of balance.
I am down to under 65 dust relics and have over 800 of each of the other relics.
My plan was to build up and save my troops and resources for the Dust tournament and then make a big push while only lightly participating in the tournaments in-between.

Where is the strategy and selection if all tournaments are the same?
This was to be my opportunity to rebuild my Dust relic inventory.
Sorry, but this change sucks really badly.

If your concern is really about making this easier then why not let us chose which relics we receive?

Personally I have the same concern as I was ready to really push hard this tournament for dust, since it is my ingredient for creating catalysts. I am out and have been for 2 weeks.

relics.jpg

I really hope they consider now it will be rough for at least a few weeks and the next tourny once again I might get another 40 but it not going to be the same as having 200 on hand. I know it might even out over time.. Maybe I am overreacting at this time. I guess we will see how it goes.