• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament changes

DeletedUser27062

The tourney changes are a disaster!

I have just started ch 5 on Beta and am MD boosted. My relic boost is 443%. In round 1 of the tourney 9 provinces gives me 1 MD relic so this will significantly slow down the rate at which I achieve max boost. Given I am stuck with an inefficient T3 production rate I will have to build another T3 manufactory because in CH 5 T3 goods are now required to cater and I am forced to do 10 provinces if I want to get more than a single kp in round 1.

I do not understand how this change is supposed to be beneficial to smaller cities, especially those who haven't reached max boost? Yes I now get a few crumbs every week instead of a whole loaf every 9 weeks but the "solution" is worse than the "problem" it was supposed to fix. Now, pre-ch 6 cities are stuck with:
  • painfully slow T3 relic boost growth
  • limited/drip-fed non-boosted relics for crafting
  • increased demands on troops/goods because we have to do 6 9 provinces as a minimum EVERY WEEK
  • greater demands on space, pop etc due to needing more inefficient t3 manufactories and/or military buildings
  • forced to over scout to clear 9 provinces or face relic forfeiture.

This will keep small cities poorer for longer because, just like in real life, being poor early on limits growth exponentially.

How are tiny cities supposed to grow if they can't do 9 provinces? I won't know until round 2 what the relic for the first province will be so unless it shifts it will be impossible to gain all relics in a single tourney without doing 9 provinces. I think this change has nothing to do with helping smaller cities and everything to do with forcing tournament participation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Huor

I don't see why it would change your boost. The t1-3 standard boost was defined at the time you were created. My distribution of provenience's doesn't favor my boosted goods. My largest provenience count is scrolls and it's not my t2. But I don't know how the overall provenience layout as you expand plays into your position. When I was moved, I didn't notice if there were any changes to unexplored provenience's. Just thinking out loud (which is dangerous). That same point was also brought up by Nymis on discord.

DeletedUser27062

All 8 of my open provinces this morning gave me dust relics. The prizes for the 2-star rounds are also listed as dust relics. If the change to random relics is after the first 8-10 provinces, I'm not sure how that is going to be helpful to newer players.

How is your beta city going Gladiola? This relic change will be tough for you I think. I'm interested to hear how this has affected you.

Kekune

increased demands on troops/goods because we have to do 9 provinces as a minimum EVERY WEEK
Would you, though? Maybe I'm thinking about it wrong, but I don't see why you would. You'd only need to do 9 provinces every week if you wanted an even distribution of relics. If they're rotating by tourney type, then sometimes you'll get what you want in lower provinces, and sometimes higher.

I do see that this removes the ability to do focused tourney push weeks, which will obviously affect costs for those who saved up buff buildings, pet food, etc.

Alram

Flippers just flip
I have just started ch 5 on Beta and am MD boosted. My relic boost is 443%. In round 1 of the tourney 9 provinces gives me 1 MD relic so this will significantly slow down the rate at which I achieve max boost.
What are your other boosts % at?

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
The tourney reward changes are noted on the Beta thread, along with the MA changes, Soggyshorts, JackLuyt and I have posted notes.

Relics will almost never change with a move. The rare exception will occur during a map consolidation. I know someone who changed from MCE to MCG during the great map move of fall 2016.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Would you, though? Maybe I'm thinking about it wrong, but I don't see why you would. You'd only need to do 9 provinces every week if you wanted an even distribution of relics. If they're rotating by tourney type, then sometimes you'll get what you want in lower provinces, and sometimes higher.

Yep, the first nine provinces will be one of each type of relic, starting with the one for the current week, in this case, Dust, and continuing through that standard order. So if you do 9 provinces every week, and the same number of stars in each, you will receive an equal number of all nine relics every week, plus you get the ones from the chests that will all match that week's relic. This order also continues beyond province 9. Provinces 10-18 are the same relics as 1-9, 19-27 are the same as 1-9, etc. And next it will start with Gems and go down the list in order until province 9 is Dust, and then repeat.

DeletedUser27062

I do see that this removes the ability to do focused tourney push weeks, which will obviously affect costs for those who saved up buff buildings, pet food, etc.

All relics are needed at some point in this game. 6 out of 9 are needed from early on given 3 of 9 are crafting relics, 3 of 9 are goods boosting relics (and eventually 6 of 9 will be goods boosting relics). Can I really afford to forego collecting sentient boosting relics given there are few ways of gaining sufficient quantities?
This is the order of relics to provinces and their uses for me:
Province
Relic
Use
1Magic DustT3 boost
2Gem- (later sentient boost)
3Marble- (later sentient boost)
4SteelMA crafting
5PlankT1 boost
6CrystalMA crafting
7ScrollT2 boost
8Silk- (later sentient boost)
9ElixirMA crafting

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27062

@Eudaemonia
It might be worth the effort to hit tent 10, if you can.
Your relics fell like this: D,G,M,St,P, C,Sc,Si,E. So if you can hit tent 10 there is another dust. With a few more relics in it.
Yep, I did that. Province 10 cost me 1/3 of my T3 reserves as I've been surviving on only 1 T3 manu. Now I will need to build another.

Iyapo1

@ Eudaemonia
Yeah, it sucks when you are on the wrong side of a wall. My boosts are all at 700% So I only needed to push on CC relic weeks. I cant sustain 3 weeks of push performance across a 9 week cycle, the number of relics I have incoming will drop.

Iyapo1

I still think this will be really good for new players, and late game players with ascended boost % issues....and the change in the spells will be good for everyone....except people who only craft CCs(why would I care what an MM takes...it takes up CC space that is too much)!

Kekune

All relics are needed at some point in this game. 6 out of 9 are needed from early on given 3 of 9 are crafting relics, 3 of 9 are goods boosting relics (and eventually 6 of 9 will be goods boosting relics). Can I really afford to forego collecting sentient boosting relics given there are few ways of gaining sufficient quantities?
I hear ya... they all matter. Even more than you say, actually: eventually, all 9 will be boosted.

What I don't understand is why this change, specifically, forces a player to do 9 provinces every week. If you need that many of every type of relic, you should already be doing 9 every week. And if you are doing some tournaments heavier than others now, you're focusing on acquiring more of specific types, which was the point of my previous comment; that if your needs are lower than 9 a week, you can ride the wave as the relic types cycle.

Unless there's another factor here that I'm missing, I just don't see how the change in relic distribution translates to suddenly needing to do 9 or more every week to function, if you weren't before.

Iyapo1

Unless there's another factor here that I'm missing
I cant speak for @Eudaemonia, I have push weeks.
My relic intake is going to drop as a direct result of this change. I can not sustain push week costs across a 9 week cycle.
I will adjust.
Overall I think it is a positive change.