• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament changes

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
These look like good changes!
Newcomers have been 'penalised' in the past if their boosted relic type is the same as a 'difficult' tournament province. Now the playing fields will be totally level.
Also players who have not explored lots of provinces will be less likely to run out of certain kinds of relics used in crafting - so now it makes even more sense to upgrade your Magic Academy to level five!!
:) :)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Since there seems to be no point in Beta testing, just for fun, I'll post my concerns here that will also be far too late to be used as feedback.

This sounds like yet another way to make the game the exact same grind week after week.
  • The FA has been the exact same the last 4(?) times
  • The Event quests have been copy&paste all year
  • The spire hasn't changed since forever
  • now tournaments will basically be the exact same each week
I get that there is a certain amount of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" but even if a burger is tasty, I don't really want it for every meal...

I'm stereotyping here, but this feels like yet another push towards the average mobile gamer: Move the game towards one where all that matters is logging in real quick while on the crapper reset buildings(with 1 tap) spend a few diamonds and log back out.
Planning, strategizing and looking ahead a couple of weeks isn't what most mobile games are about.

Note: if you are reading this you are automatically disqualified from being "an average mobile gamer"

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I am a little surprised they are making this change in the middle of a tournament cycle. They could have waited 2 more weeks and done the coming Magic Dust and Gems tournaments under the current system. Then they could have implemented the change with the next Marble tournament, which starts a new cycle.

Aritra

I am a little surprised they are making this change in the middle of a tournament cycle. They could have waited 2 more weeks and done the coming Magic Dust and Gems tournaments under the current system. Then they could have implemented the change with the next Marble tournament, which starts a new cycle.
I just re-read the announcement and realized it starts with "With the next tournament round, we will introduce some changes..." [emphasis added] so maybe there was a misunderstanding and it actually will begin [Live, anyway] with the timing you suggested makes more sense. *shrug*

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I just re-read the announcement and realized it starts with "With the next tournament round, we will introduce some changes..." [emphasis added] so maybe there was a misunderstanding and it actually will begin [Live, anyway] with the timing you suggested makes more sense. *shrug*
At the end of the announcement Helya specified the changes would apply to the tournament that starts June 1st.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

It is a copy/paste of the Beta announcement, like normal for all the Live forums. I think someone at Inno screwed up and did not tell @helya this was not supposed to be posted yet, especially since this is not on the EN International forum, and they always get the announcements several hours before we do.

Guurt The Destroyer

Since there seems to be no point in Beta testing, just for fun, I'll post my concerns here that will also be far too late to be used as feedback.

This sounds like yet another way to make the game the exact same grind week after week.
  • The FA has been the exact same the last 4(?) times
  • The Event quests have been copy&paste all year
  • The spire hasn't changed since forever
  • now tournaments will basically be the exact same each week
I get that there is a certain amount of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" but even if a burger is tasty, I don't really want it for every meal...

I'm stereotyping here, but this feels like yet another push towards the average mobile gamer: Move the game towards one where all that matters is logging in real quick while on the crapper reset buildings(with 1 tap) spend a few diamonds and log back out.
Planning, strategizing and looking ahead a couple of weeks isn't what most mobile games are about.

Note: if you are reading this you are automatically disqualified from being "an average mobile gamer"

I am a bit bummed about this change. As a new player the increase of relics is pretty significant to me. I did a fair amount of preparation for the last silk tournament as it is one of my boosted relics. It turned out quite well for me. I was preparing for the upcoming tournament as it is also for one of my boosted relics. I have made significant choices in what I researched, which territories I scouted, and how I was approaching my progress with the intent of maximizing my relic gain in this upcoming tournament. It turns out that that may have been wasted energy. I enjoyed the strategy and planning as learning to play well is what games are about.

Now it seems like it won't matter as much, but I guess as long as the Fellowship rewards are still specific to the type of tournament then that effort won't be completely pointless.

Aritra

It is a copy/paste of the Beta announcement, like normal for all the Live forums. I think someone at Inno screwed up and did not tell @helya this was not supposed to be posted yet, especially since this is not on the EN International forum, and they always get the announcements several hours before we do.
oops ;)

Gladiola

@Guurt The Destroyer it is true that your particular preparation may not pay off this round, but you will also receive those relics in the next tournament and the one after that. The total number of provinces open will matter more than having provinces of specific types.

A thought: This could encourage players to scout and clear more evenly in rings, which is to the benefit of newer players. I know my cleared provinces look a little starfishy as I tried especially hard to clear provinces for my boost tournaments.