• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament changes

DeletedUser27062

For the first two or three tournaments they have 1 or 2 tents. Under the old system they would have to wait 9 weeks to get another chance at relics that they need. Under the new system every tent they open reduces that time by an entire week. By chapter 5 most players have 6 tents which makes the wait time on relics 3 weeks. By the time a player has 9 of each tent open they wont have to wait at all.

Instead of arguing I've decided to start another baby city to see how the game plays with the changes. First thing I noticed was that they've revamped ch 1 since I started my beta city in March. I'll let you know how it goes.

Gladiola

@ed1960 with regard to a chapter 5 player having 700% boosts I don't think that is unusual. I'm not an overachiever, and in chapter 4 my boosts are 482% 529% and 592%. I think it's quite likely that under the old system I would have hit 700% boosts sometime in chapter 5.

For a new player in chapter 2 who has 2-3 tents of each type open (because they are abiding by the scouting recommendations, which is 25 provinces by the end of chapter 2, or less than 3 provinces of each type), this change will not substantially help accumulate relics more quickly as far as I can see. If they really wanted to help new players improve their relic bonuses without adversely affecting existing players, they could have done something like rotate through tier 1 relics for the first 3 provinces, tier 2 relics for the next 3 provinces, and tier 3 relics for the next 3 provinces. You don't use your t2 boosts until halfway through chapter 2 and t3 until partway through chapter 3. So collecting first-tier relics is really good for a new, small player. This change will not really help with that very much.

Iyapo1

Instead of arguing I've decided to start another baby city to see how the game plays with the changes. First thing I noticed was that they've revamped ch 1 since I started my beta city in March. I'll let you know how it goes.
Well...push fast. The event building set coming up will give 1 CC and 1 of each CC relic if you can get the whole set. It will single handedly offset my expected relic reduction

StarLoad

That's assuming all chapters are equal. Surely you don't think that the ~80 hours needed to complete chapter 1 are the same as the time required to complete chapter 18?...
No, I was using simple % , really I would figure 1-5 and beginner, 6 -11 Mid and 12+ as late game

TalimSwift

this isnt so bad... you know guys, at one point, you dont even care about relics. If you reach late chapters and do enough tourneys each week, you cant even craft CC's fast enough to use them all up. In my guild, most of us have way over 1000 of each, some of us are in the 5000-10000 range.
The fact they redistributed KP on maps 10+ is nice, Sometimes you might just be able to do round 3 or 4 but not the 5th, this way you'll get paid a little at least.

DeletedUser27062

Well...push fast. The event building set coming up will give 1 CC and 1 of each CC relic if you can get the whole set. It will single handedly offset my expected relic reduction
Hehe, baby city is a few hours old and I've gotten 2 bits of it already. Fingers crossed I'll get more.

Iyapo1

I don't recall having relic problems starting out. I did like having a push week every third week to get my boost relics and get up to 700%. Are we attempting to create a solution to a problem that doesn't exist?
I had relic problems for my CC relics from the moment I put my MA down until....chapter 6ish. Chapter 6 is where I had been through enough tournament cycles at a high enough performance that I stopped running out of CC relics. AND even now I can push them to zero during the 9 week gap if I try.
The next event building will completely cover my relic reduction under the new system as long as I get a full set. So I am feeling much better.

Last edited:

mikeledo

Back in my time, we didn't have CC relics. I think the devs are just trying to justify their position by creating solutions to non-issues.

StarLoad

So in looking at the information provided "IF" you are looking to maximize your KP gain you should not proceed past province 9
1622643238517.png

Again only looking at KP and in fact you can limit round 6 to just 3 provinces, unless you want to cherrypick a few of the rewards.
this would save on resources for many.

TalimSwift

you're missing a lot of information by looking at just this picture. Provinces 10+ will now provide you with 1 KP for each round 1, 3 and 4. Rounds 2 and 5 give 4kp, for a total of 11kp per map if you do them each to the 5th round. It's the same as now, except that before the change, only roundss 2 and 5 gave kp, 5 and 6 respectively for same total of 11.

StarLoad

you're missing a lot of information by looking at just this picture. Provinces 10+ will now provide you with 1 KP for each round 1, 3 and 4. Rounds 2 and 5 give 4kp, for a total of 11kp per map if you do them each to the 5th round. It's the same as now, except that before the change, only roundss 2 and 5 gave kp, 5 and 6 respectively for same total of 11.
Not missing anything, as I noted "IF" you are looking to maximize KP .... then poof you are done after province 9 round six

Iyapo1

Back in my time, we didn't have CC relics. I think the devs are just trying to justify their position by creating solutions to non-issues.

I am happy for you that you have no problem with CC relics but all things considered you really should not be so dismissive of problems faced by new players.

I have discovered I am the main problem of the excess scrolls issue. Guys like myself in their quest for CC spells build many Moonlibraries. I figure I make 100K+ scrolls per day on this complex, not counting anything I might be getting off an evolve building somewhere. With an AW giving us CC spells for completed crafting, I might be able to ween myself off the Moonlibraries, slowly placing them back in storage. I don't think INNO anticipated folks placing more than one or two libraries. Between the new limited availability and hopefully folks removing them as they build up their AW to replace them, we may get back to normal.
So, how are you doing weening yourself off those libraries?

Edit: Correction: I am trying to swallow my sour grapes. There is just so many of them!

Last edited:

Gladiola

@Iyapo1 I had no trouble progressing in the event in a city I deliberately was keeping in chapter 1 (and unable to join a fellowship due to new research). So pushing fast to get ready for the upcoming event in a newer city is probably unnecessary unless they substantially change the questline.

Kekune

Not missing anything, as I noted "IF" you are looking to maximize KP .... then poof you are done after province 9 round six
My version of maximizing kp is to do a whole lot of provinces above 9. I usually do something like 30 to 5 stars, and a few more to just 2 stars, and get a few hundred kp in the process.

TreasureHunter

Since there seems to be no point in Beta testing, just for fun, I'll post my concerns here that will also be far too late to be used as feedback.

This sounds like yet another way to make the game the exact same grind week after week.
  • The FA has been the exact same the last 4(?) times
  • The Event quests have been copy&paste all year
  • The spire hasn't changed since forever
  • now tournaments will basically be the exact same each week
I get that there is a certain amount of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" but even if a burger is tasty, I don't really want it for every meal...

I'm stereotyping here, but this feels like yet another push towards the average mobile gamer: Move the game towards one where all that matters is logging in real quick while on the crapper reset buildings(with 1 tap) spend a few diamonds and log back out.
Planning, strategizing and looking ahead a couple of weeks isn't what most mobile games are about.

Note: if you are reading this you are automatically disqualified from being "an average mobile gamer"
Amen!

Alram

Flippers just flip
I would think that players who are all about strategizing would like things getting shaken up periodically just to give them a new opportunity to "game the game".;)

StarLoad

My version of maximizing kp is to do a whole lot of provinces above 9. I usually do something like 30 to 5 stars, and a few more to just 2 stars, and get a few hundred kp in the process.
Then this change wont matter to you