• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament changes

Henroo

Oh Wise One
No, I was using simple % , really I would figure 1-5 and beginner, 6 -11 Mid and 12+ as late game
Interesting. I have 3 cities fairly late into ch 14 and I do not classify them as late game cities. Mainly because the 3 star promotions for Rangers, Vallarian Guards, and Frogs all happen in ch 15. I know what I have but I also see what is possible. I have not yet reached max military potential for several important unit types yet. However I am fairly focused on tournament and spire play, so my standard of late game might be more hard core than most.

Kekune

Then this change wont matter to you
You're right, it won't make much difference to me. I've got a pretty good relic stash, and if I do my usual rounds it looks like I'll get the same amount of kp.

My point was more that it's not "maximizing kp gain" if you avoid the hundreds of kp available in higher provinces. Whatever you mean when you say that, I don't think it's clear to everyone reading.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Interesting. I have 3 cities fairly late into ch 14 and I do not classify them as late game cities. Mainly because the 3 star promotions for Rangers, Vallarian Guards, and Frogs all happen in ch 15. I know what I have but I also see what is possible. I have not yet reached max military potential for several important unit types yet. However I am fairly focused on tournament and spire play, so my standard of late game might be more hard core than most.
Don't sell yourself short Henroo. What was endgame when you started playing? Shouldn't that matter too? I certainly think anyone with all the sentients should count. And you play mainly Humans do you not? lol you have all the troops you need there ;)

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Don't sell yourself short Henroo. What was endgame when you started playing? Shouldn't that matter too? I certainly think anyone with all the sentients should count. And you play mainly Humans do you not? lol you have all the troops you need there ;)
Actually endgame was not that much different when I started playing. I founded my first city in Feb 2020, during the middle of the Carnival event that offered the Valentine Float. So I think either 1 or 2 new chapters have been added since then? As far as humans vs elves, 2 of my cities are human and 1 is elvish. And I DO prefer human. Priests rule! I don't think anyone will dispute that. I also think Paladins are better than Treants. But I am willing to debate that. I realize some elvish player might not agree. LOL

StarLoad

You're right, it won't make much difference to me. I've got a pretty good relic stash, and if I do my usual rounds it looks like I'll get the same amount of kp.

My point was more that it's not "maximizing kp gain" if you avoid the hundreds of kp available in higher provinces. Whatever you mean when you say that, I don't think it's clear to everyone reading.
Maybe you didn't catch what I said, but after Province 9 in Round 6, you won't get any more KP in the new plan. Not all rounds just the last one and therefore any done after that will not add to your KP and therefore be inefficient.

Kekune

Maybe you didn't catch what I said, but after Province 9 in Round 6, you won't get any more KP in the new plan. Not all rounds just the last one and therefore any done after that will not add to your KP and therefore be inefficient.
This does make sense. In previous posts, it sounded to me like you were including all 6 rounds in that statement. Thanks for clarifying.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
The over all idea to balance out the relic distribution is a good idea IF its paired with a balance of relic usage in crafting.
So the idea could work out well.

I do question the implementation time period tho. Unless i missed something, this announcement came as a sudden surprise. Leaving those that actually want to get more of a specific relic to balance there own numbers out... out of luck.
It said that the change will start next tourney on the live servers, which is the gems tourney. Now ill admit a bit of biased in that i was waiting for this gems because thats the one i wanted to hit even harder because its my lowest relic. So i wont deny that.

But it seem wrong to start the change on the 9th tourney of they cycle. Gems is the last tourney relic of the cycle... let the ppl finish the cycle and then start the changes fresh.
Honestly... i would have thought it would be better to announce this idea, and then give one last 9 week tourney cycle the way it is. Allowing everyone that one final attempt to gain a specific relic if they wished... and then change it over to the new style. That i think would be best.
But at least finish the gems tourney to finish the current cycle... its a far second but its perfectly doable.

As i said, i think the change is one that could be really good. Its just the timing of implementation that i question.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The key in this new system to not be too shorted on the current week's relic is to NOT do just nine provinces. That only gets you one province of each type of relic and the lowest amount of them all for the current week's relic. The 10th province must be done too, because that will also be for the current week, and will help at least some with not being too short. It is a repeating cycle of nine provinces for the nine relics, starting with the relic for the current week, so provinces 1, 10, 19, etc, will all be for the week. That is 27 more of that week's relic, if you can complete province 10: 4 each in the first three stars, and five each in the other three.

OIM20

Honestly... i would have thought it would be better to announce this idea, and then give one last 9 week tourney cycle the way it is. Allowing everyone that one final attempt to gain a specific relic if they wished... and then change it over to the new style.
**This.**

Most of us who plan ahead likely already had something in mind for our strategy for the next several weeks. The next two are boosted weeks for me in Elcysandir, and I'm not yet at 700% boost for those two goods. I had planned on getting to 700% on gems next week. I am forever in need of T3 goods, and I trade for my non-boosted, like we're encouraged to do by the game. Repeatedly. As in every time one of those helpful hints comes up, it seems I have a 50% chance of seeing the "Did you know? Produce your boosted goods and trade for your non-boosted goods." 'tip'.

I had also planned on getting to 700% in marble the following week. I have 15 gems provinces and 13 marble open. I had planned on using a lot of resources in order to get two more marble this week and next (because all of my provinces are "very hard" since I'm overscouted by choice). So, now, with this new system, I will only get 36 gems relics (using helya's screens), plus whatever comes in the FS chests at the end. So, instead of enjoying a boost in my goods production as the tourney goes along and being able to increase my trades, I will now only go from 566% to 601% by the end of the tourney. If this had been announced and players given an entire cycle to accustom themselves to the changes, I would have reached 700% on gems at province 11, round 4. (Yes, I do my best to do all 6 rounds in every province I have open.)

It's worse for marble. Yes, yes, I will get some marble relics in this coming week in the gems tournament. 38 of them, to be exact, which will take me from 610% to 636%, not counting any relics I use for leveling up my AWs. If I didn't use a single one for AWs, the following week in the marble tourney, I would get enough to go up to 661%. If the current system had been allowed to stand for another cycle, I would have hit 700% at province 12, round 3 (provided I'd opened the two more I'd planned to open; if not, it would have been province 5, round 4). So, now, instead of counting on that excess to carry me through AW upgrades, I have to sacrifice my meager CCs to craft relics whenever they show up in the MA for my boosted goods - which I hadn't been doing since I'd been crafting MMMs, UUUs, ELRs, the new bases, and lots and lots of time boosts.

Yes, I make exclusively CCs in my MA. My MA is at level 4, so it takes 10-1/2 hours to make one. Yes, I climb the Spire. The RNG, as mentioned in another thread, seems to loathe me. (Yes, I know others go through this as well.) I very rarely seem to get the CCs out of the 1st chest in each area, or the blue bonus chests. I actually cheer when I do get them, it's that seldom an occurrence. (If you just pictured someone sitting at their computer clapping after clicking on a chest, you're not far off.)

@helya, if there's one thing I would take back to the developers about this new "feature", it's the lack of notification. This is a long-term strategy game. It's not a five hour marathon on the PS4. When something this big comes along that causes one's strategy for obtaining necessary game items to be completely wrecked, it frustrates players. I haven't even been with the game long enough to get well and truly frustrated, and I'm admittedly rather miffed about the change.

Still, thanks for at least the little head's up we did get. I at least was able to notify my FS about this thread so they know about the coming changes and aren't blindsided next week.

And I did eat the sour green grapes that came mixed with my sweet red grapes I bought at the grocer. They were very tart. I suppose if I can swallow those while making a face, I can swallow these and grimace just as well. But if you could pass along that bit about a bit more notice being nice, I'd appreciate it.

ExuberantBuilder

One of the things I like about this game is that there are many ways to "game the game" to be better at what you think matters most. Some people want high ranking, some want high tourney scores/ranking, others (god forbid) love the FA's, and others want their FS to do better most of all.

I don't think this will affect me or my FS much, but most of the changes in the game have brought new challenges and rewarded those who were quickest to find the new optimal path.

Most of the people on here (Soggy's special few :rolleyes:) plan more than a few weeks ahead. While there may be lots of gratuitous whining, I think I would rather play a game that makes these people happy than the quick hit click click players.

DeletedUser27062

Thank you @helya ! This is a real relief because I am seriously low on gem relics I need to make my CCs. Like ... down to my last 8 of them!
It's kind of ironic how this change is supposed to help smaller cities yet they're also the ones who'd suffer the most through the transition time if it had gone ahead as planned.
On beta my ch 5 city is boosted in MD. I had been anxiously waiting for the MD tourney to get a decent boost but nope. I lost out on over 100 relics due to the late of notice about the change. Luckily I'm in an awesome fs who will help me get through.

Once again I have to say how lucky/grateful we all are for your efforts @helya , I know there will be so many little cities out there feeling relieved right now!

DeletedUser27062

The key in this new system to not be too shorted on the current week's relic is to NOT do just nine provinces. That only gets you one province of each type of relic and the lowest amount of them all for the current week's relic. The 10th province must be done too, because that will also be for the current week, and will help at least some with not being too short. It is a repeating cycle of nine provinces for the nine relics, starting with the relic for the current week, so provinces 1, 10, 19, etc, will all be for the week. That is 27 more of that week's relic, if you can complete province 10: 4 each in the first three stars, and five each in the other three.
I figured it the same way but wondered how small cities who are still working toward their 700% boost are supposed to maintain their relic balances. As a work around for my little beta cities I thought I could cherry pick provinces to only go for the 6 out of 9 relics I actually use but the change in producing spells means all nine relics are now used. That's a lot more tourney pressure

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
On beta my ch 5 city is boosted in MD. I had been anxiously waiting for the MD tourney to get a decent boost but nope. I lost out on over 100 relics due to the late of notice about the change. Luckily I'm in an awesome fs who will help me get through.

That is the fun thing about Beta. We get to test stuff with only short notice. But that is normal for the Beta of any game. The devs tell the players what is about to happen and the players test it for a while. I am really surprised in this case that they wanted to move it to Live so quickly. I guess they thought it would not be buggy and the players did not need a lot of warning.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Your wish has been granted. Delayed until further notice.
Seriously?

That would be cool if its true.
Ill repeat; that the change they are planning to make could be a really good one! It jsut should wiat a little while longer before being implemented to give everyone one final round of 'normal' relics.