• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament Changes

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Nothing changed in the fighting as far as I can tell. It's been live on EN for awhile. Basically, they just moved some KPs around so in the end, if you did the same number of provinces to the same number of stars as you did before, you get still the same prizes. For example, where one province might have given you 5KPs, it might now give 4KPs, but in another where you'd get 0 KPs, you'd now have 1KP.

ekarat

Many of the objections here seem to be focused on the idea that you can't push for the relic type you need.

You still can push -- for further provinces to reach the relic you need, and for 6 stars in the relic you need.

BrinDarby

Just did round 1 out to 7 provinces in 2 worlds, and out to province 10 in another.
While I didn't get as many dust relics as usuall, overall It sure seem'd I got more
relics total. We'll have to see as the week progresses, if Im right.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Many of the objections here seem to be focused on the idea that you can't push for the relic type you need.

You still can push -- for further provinces to reach the relic you need, and for 6 stars in the relic you need.
Yeah I played around with this and it is not at all the same.
Getting 6x6 or 10x6 in your push weeks is way easier for relic collections than going 6 stars in provinces 1,10,19 for example.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Eh, I lived through it with my Beta city. When this started there, I was almost out of Dust relics, and now I have over 600. And I craft CCs non-stop there. So it will all balance out in the long run. Remember that this game is about patience, not rushing, so if this gets someone too impatient, then they are probably not into chapter 6+ yet and the great slowdown that comes with the guest races.

Well, most everyone in my fellowship thought that the idea of mixing up the relic rewards in the tournament was a good idea. A few of us (including myself), who get all the relics we need of most types and just binge on the one or two they need were disappointed (I'm always short of gem relics, I have thousands of the others.) Once we started the tournament today, though, we're all pretty much in agreement that the new system is worse than it was before. Combat was changed, catering is more expensive. I've just finished the first round and I don't have enough troops to continue with the spire.
Our Fellowship felt the last batch of tournament changes was balanced - a little more of a challenge, a little more of a reward. This is not. I never asked for the game to be easier, but making combat more difficult?
I should note that the biggest impact seems to have been with the senior people in the group. I am in chapter 17 and a few of the others in chapter 15 & 16.

Last edited:
Nothing changed in the fighting as far as I can tell. It's been live on EN for awhile. Basically, they just moved some KPs around so in the end, if you did the same number of provinces to the same number of stars as you did before, you get still the same prizes. For example, where one province might have given you 5KPs, it might now give 4KPs, but in another where you'd get 0 KPs, you'd now have 1KP.
Please add what chapter you are in as catering and combat seem to be different for a few of us in later chapters.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Well, most everyone in my fellowship thought that the idea of mixing up the relic rewards in the tournament was a good idea. A few of us (including myself), who get all the relics we need of most types and just binge on the one or two they need were disappointed (I'm always short of gem relics, I have thousands of the others.) Once we started the tournament today, though, we're all pretty much in agreement that the new system is worse than it was before. Combat was changed, catering is more expensive. I've just finished the first round and I don't have enough troops to continue with the spire.
Our Fellowship felt the last batch of tournament changes was balanced - a little more of a challenge, a little more of a reward. This is not. I never asked for the game to be easier, but making combat more difficult?
I should note that the biggest impact seems to have been with the senior people in the group. I am in chapter 17 and a few of the others in chapter 15 & 16.

I play on Beta too and there was no change in the actual combat or cost to cater with this update. It was purely to change the rewards for completing the stars in each province.

Cryogent

I agree with u, it happens to me on chapter 11 and KP rewards drop with almost 40% than before with the same number of province finnished. This new relics improvment is good but the other rewards like KP is not like used to be anymore and also the points for province finnished I'm not sure but I think is decreased or I'm not seeing right.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I agree with u, it happens to me on chapter 11 and KP rewards drop with almost 40% than before with the same number of province finnished. This new relics improvment is good but the other rewards like KP is not like used to be anymore and also the points for province finnished I'm not sure but I think is decreased or I'm not seeing right.
KP rewards have not dropped at all, you must have miscounted.

The only KP changes were to move some to earlier encounters
EG instead of getting 0 and then 5 KP you now get 1 and then 4
we're all pretty much in agreement that the new system is worse than it was before. Combat was changed, catering is more expensive.
Combat was not changed in this update nor was the cost of catering.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I've just finished the first round and I don't have enough troops to continue with the spire.
I'm experiencing heavier loss in this tournament, but mainly due to meanness of enemy combos. It's very difficult to win by flawless victory with those combos (light range + artillery mages paired with light melee, heavy melee, heavy range). It's a bloodshed whether you autofight or manual fight.

I agree with u, it happens to me on chapter 11 and KP rewards drop with almost 40% than before with the same number of province finnished. This new relics improvment is good but the other rewards like KP is not like used to be anymore and also the points for province finnished decrease so if before this changes I make 4000 points in tournament now I expect to not do more than almost 3500.
Points have definitely not changed. See second row of both charts.

As to KPs, basically they're trying to move more KPs into the first 10 provinces instead of locking them behind provinces 10+ to encourage more tourney participation (prepping for FS perks?). If you did first 10 provinces to 6*, you get 80 KPs before and you get 80KPs now. If anything, you would have gotten more on round 1 of tourney, not less! People in my FS definitely farm KPs in tourneys. They were saying it's odd to get so many KPs up front on the first round when the big payout is usually round 2 on those juicy morsels above province 10.

BEFORE
index.php

AFTER
index.php

As I said, our issue wasn't with the rewards. The KP distribution is better than it was before for players who don't do many rounds. I'm Steel, Crystal, Elixir boosted, so my enchantment costs always leave me with a vast abundance of those relics (3000-4000 each, literally can't spend them fast enough), and a shortage of Gem relics (got 514 now and dropping; was looking forward to doing a push on the next gems tournament to push that up well over 1000)

My very first fight, though, was with one of each class of units and I had quite a few of those throughout 29 provinces. That doesn't usually happen. And although I didn't write down the catering costs of every encounter: some seemed reasonable, some did not, and I ended up with much less left over after my first round than I usually do. Similar comments from the other high chapter players in my FS. So if you are one of the programmers, and you say you didn't change any of that, then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe their is an autofight Gremlin ...

BrinDarby

I did notice a odd quirk, later CH players won't ....
each round it starts with Dust, with 1 ... and the progression is :
1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4, 4 ( 1st 10 ).... there is no wraparound for
all 9 resources, so if a player has 5 provinces per res, open ...
It may be a Dust week, but they only get 6 dust relics (6 rounds played)
yet they will get 18 planks, and no crystal, scrolls, silk, or elixer
relics that week.
Where-as a player with 10 provinces open gets 30 dust relics, more
than any other, and they got some of all relics...

Why doesn't the game wrap-around relics, no matter how many
provinces a player has open for that week. Doing it that way, you
wouldn't always hit just 1 relic for dust to start each round.

Edit: I was finishing round 2 and looking @ round 3 so each 1st was still 1

Last edited:

Maiafay

They need to change the names of the tourneys then. Calling it a dust tournament when the relics are random is disingenuous.

And this hurts my dust relic collecting as I've been using the MA to craft a constant stream of catalysts, meditations and didn't realize I need a decent supply of those particular relics for my later chapter boosts. I was counting on steel, dust, and scroll tourneys to go all out. Now there's no point. My FA also echoed the same sentiment. They feel there's less incentive now to bother.

Huor

Fighting to me sure seems harder. I swear I see a lot of debuf messages scrolling by I don't remember seeing from 2 star troops. Could just be me not paying attention. I'll keep a closer eye and check the troops next round.