• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament Changes

MojaveByrd

The new Tournament really, really sucks! I've been waiting EIGHT WEEKS for dust relics which I am desperate for and now, you're offering stuff I don't need now and will probably NEVER NEED!!! This is really bad. I have no desire to even do tournaments if this is what it is. Please change back!

BrinDarby

Relic Rewards - Instead of only getting relics from the specific tournament type, the first province will give relics of the same type as the tournament, and the next province will give the next relic type in the typical relic order, etc. so that there will be a more even distribution of all relic types in every Tournament.

1) ok, it says the 1st province will give (this week) dust ...... ok gotcha
2) next..... the next province will give the next relic type in the
typical relic order ..... uhhh, wrong it doesnt .......( typical order wraps around )
so 3) that there will be a more even distribution of all relic types in
every Tournament
...... uhhh, wrong it doesn't ...

all relics in every tournament ????? 110% NO, it does not ....
It doesn't say "each round everything resets", which shouldn't happen.

I think that if correctly implemented, as announced.... its a good change,
if instead of getting 30%+ boost every 9 weeks, you get 2-4% each week.
to do that you Must get some of All relics each week, thats what it says we
get but its obviously wrong....

I'm already @ 700% boost, and have 7/7/10 provinces, so if you think I'm
debating this for my benefit, think again.... All I'm saying is because of
1 "ooooops" , and yes I think its an ooops, we were told 1 thing, then given another.

If you end a round on steel, the next round should start with planks,
and stick with the tried/true relic progression, like the announcement says.

Heymrdiedier

I think for now the changes will stay how they are. After the first few weeks, players in the other markets have been, if not happy, at least fine with this change.
just curious, how do you know that? did you guys do a survey or something else?
I hope you don't take the forum as a base for this statement. Because many players have expressed their malcontent about pervious changes lots of time on the forum, only to see it get ignored or not even acknowledged. So many of those players just gave up on the forum a long time ago since it adds no value.

hvariidh gwendrot

we have all levels on all worlds and don't think the game should be designed for any 1 player or level of players to the exclusion of others, and the game should retain newer players, it blows being small and new and mostly ignored by advanced players .. so it's ok by us

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Never is a long time.
Sadly, from your perspective, this format has been running on Beta for months, and on the International server for nearly as long, 2 full tournament cycles now. The German server has had it for a couple of weeks.
This looks to be the latest version of half a dozen tournament changes I have weathered in 6.5 years.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
many of those players just gave up on the forum a long time ago since it adds no value.

I completely disagree! I have seen many changes over the years that were discussed on the forum. It has taken a very long time for those to be implemented but down the road you never know. More important is that there is a whole lot of helpful information for whatever current subjects are being discussed. I cannot begin to express how helpful the forum has been over the years! I still benefit from helpful information and opinions expressed on subjects that I may not fully understand or haven't thought of. Besides the help for my chapter 18 top ranking city, I find a whole lot of helpful information to pass on to smaller cities in my Fellowship. These tournament changes are a perfect example. I honestly don't think I would have even noticed the effects of these changes, except for the redistribution of KP, but reading the effect on smaller cities here is very good information to pass on.

Adding: I just read the forum for probably the first couple of years. I had a glitch that kept me from officially joining.

Last edited:

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Because many players have expressed their malcontent about pervious changes lots of time on the forum, only to see it get ignored or not even acknowledged.
Haha, this place is an echo chamber of malcontent. Even I ignore half the comments! If you’ve been on the other forums though, you’d know we do actually get heard here compared to those other player unfriendly environments. For one, there isn’t even this amount of open discourse there. They find every possible reason to delete posts before a discussion can take hold or even helpful info can be disseminated. Management crew over there can’t even agree on what is and isn’t permissible bc I’ve had one mod like a post only to have another mod delete it. You’re at the whim of moody mods. helya lets us have discussions, but is firm and on standby with her mighty broomstick if needed, esp if the trolling gets out of hand. Second, we actually got a few months delay with tourney changes while other servers/markets have had it live already and the changes were originally announced at the same time. That’s a sign that we ARE heard and sometimes action even taken on our behalf. Technically, everyone already got one more push tourney in bc it was delayed for so long already. It will land on someone’s push tourney no matter when they go live with it, even if they waited until marble tourney. Someone somewhere will be disgruntled over it, but I will defend helya’s awesomeness in keeping this forum more enjoyable than the other forums and doing an excellent job being a champion of our malcontent.

(offers winter lampion for sacrifice on helya’s shrine)

Mont Clair

I completely disagree!

Only here to say I completely agree. I learned so much from the forums in the months while I was lurking, before I officially made an account. The forum feedback to me is really useful because I see multiple strategies I didn't expect or know of before and it changes the way I see the game more and more. While I was initially a bit confused with the change in tournament relics, @crackie has a point that someone will be affected regardless of when the change occurs. I actually don't remember when I started in tournament to make any rebuttal. After going through this tournament, for me as a mid game player it has been quite beneficial. I do not have max on all my non boosted relics and I am able to check and choose which tournament Province I want to go for. And I can do this again next week!

If you’ve been on the other forums though, you’d know we do actually get heard here compared to those other player unfriendly environments.

I find as a whole people on the forum have wonderful ideas on improving game and @helya does a great job moderating while maintaining transparency with us which I truly appreciate a lot.

Elivarian

So what is this. Has something gone wrong with the update again ?

I have fellows which have Spectral Stone count showing up in Spire, but i don't. I'm on us8 :oops:

OIM20

I have fellows which have Spectral Stone count showing up in Spire, but i don't. I'm on us8 :oops:
I'm not sure what that has to do with the tournament, but how are you accessing the game? Those I've seen posting that they have seen the spectral stone are on mobile.

Elivarian

I'm not sure what that has to do with the tournament, but how are you accessing the game? Those I've seen posting that they have seen the spectral stone are on mobile.
Hmm, thought i saw it mentioned in this thread when searching.

Okay, mobile. I'm on browser. That might be the clue.

OIM20

Hmm, thought i saw it mentioned in this thread when searching.

Okay, mobile. I'm on browser. That might be the clue.
No worries! It probably was mentioned at some point - we tend to bring things up in various topics. :)

I'm on browser most of the time too and I haven't seen it yet. I don't usually enter the Spire/Tourney windows on my mobile emulator.

(I battle manually and you can't do that on mobile - everything there is autofight. No thank you. Everyone I've talked to who does that complains about bleeding out troops.)

Soleil Nightbloom

This is not part of the new changes for the tournament. The Spectral Stone is a new upcoming feature in the Spire. I have only seen it displayed in the mobile app, not browser unfortunately.

DeletedUser29768

What is this new spectral stone thing in the Spire? How is it acquired?
It was discussed here, but we don't yet know all the details. Basically, it is an item that you can use you to satisfy any spirit automatically.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
What is this new spectral stone thing in the Spire? How is it acquired?

We do not even have a way to use it yet on the Beta server and none have been given out yet to test. Also, it only shows in the mobile app and not the browser.

@LeviathanJob No, pretty sure it is only going to be one spirit, not all of them. But as I said, we still have no real details yet on Beta.

ElfGunn

It does say "all spirits". I took this to mean that it would buy all five spirits, but only for one round of three in an encounter.

For context, I play exclusively on the mobile app.

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
@satchmo33
From the original announcement here on tourney changes in Oct 2020:
  • Enemy unit types for each Tournament Province are selected at random, with different weighting based on Tournament type. This means that, while it is possible for each enemy unit type to appear during any Tournament, there are higher probabilities for specific units to appear than for others, allowing for some preparations, but still bringing a challenge by including further unit types in the mix.
The following 'weighting' of units is from my personal files, and I'm pretty sure it came from either the beta forum or the beta thread on this forum, though I can't be sure:

Marble: Heavy Melee
Steel: Mage
Planks: Light Range
Crystal: Mage & Heavy Ranged
Scroll: Light Ranged & Heavy Ranged
Silk: Light Melee & Heavy Melee
Elixir: Light Range, Light Melee & Heavy Melee
Magic Dust: Light Melee, Mage & Heavy Ranged
Gems: Light Melee, Heavy Ranged & Heavy Melee

There seems to be a higher probability of the units that were seen in the old tourney format for each tourney type. But, what's obvious is that there is a high probability of only one unit type in the T1 tourneys, 2 unit types in the T2 tourneys, and 3 unit types in the T3 tourneys. I think that's what causes more losses in the T3 tourneys.
As far as for dealing with it now? I've been putting out one each of the 4 boost bldgs (UUU, DA, MMM, ELR) each week and feeding the fire chicken. I've also got a lvl 10 Polar bear and lvl 30 TimeWarp**, so I can conceivably use one set of boost bldgs (placed late Thurs) on 2 Spires and 2 tourneys. I haven't actually done it yet; have one spire/one tourney on the current bldgs; will definitely get the 2nd spire. Maybe the 2nd tourney if I'm able Tuesday, but my schedule looks doubtful this week (again). That helps conserve bldgs and pet food.
**Just wanted to include those things I have that other players may not have. Without those things, I'm sure it would be much harder to sustain. I'm doing top of Spire weekly in both cities; 6700 tourney in one city, 5400 in the other, every week.

@samidodamage may I share this with my fellowships?