• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament Changes

SunsetDanar

Pretty much okay with the changes with one exception. If Relics are going to rotate through the Provinces in an attempt to keep them even then they should also rotate in the Magic Academy when making spells so as not to create deficits in relics that we are now not able to pick up in pounding rounds to get them in Tourney play.

The Unbeliever

Can anyone explain half of what the devs do? The last time they tried to roll this out it was the same way, in the middle of a cycle. If anything, it just makes it glaringly obvious (if it wasn't already) that they don't play their own game.
They've openly admitted that they don't play their own game, hence why so many things are such a clusterfeth!;)

How many years now have we tried to explain why the tourny/spire formula is garbage and needs to be overhauled entirely?
Another couple of chapters, and those end game players will struggle to hit even 2k pts/week simply due to the runaway costs of the exponential growth of the borked-up formula. (...ie: I do my dad's tournaments for him, and his cities just starting ch.18 end up with 16-17k+ squad sizes by just the 14/15th province it's insane!!)

This change at this time is a royal kick in the teeth to Dust & Gem players who are now screwed out of one last 'old format' tournament, which for the newer players especially, will probably mean they 'lose' 2-3+ weeks worth of relics.

Should have saved the relic change for two more weeks so that it would then effect everyone fairly!

Iyapo1

This change at this time is a royal kick in the teeth to Dust & Gem players who are now screwed out of one last 'old format' tournament, which for the newer players especially, will probably mean they 'lose' 2-3+ weeks worth of relics.
This change is a boon for new players! They will no longer need to wait through a 9 week cycle to get the relics they need today.

This update has been delayed long enough.

Grid Gypsy

No matter when you change it, someone is going to whine complain about the change coming right before their boosted relic week, They should have just done the change 7 weeks ago, instead of pausing.

This change is a boon for new players! They will no longer need to wait through a 9 week cycle to get the relics they need today.

It shouldn't have anything to do with someone's boosted good, and I haven't seen anyone complain about that. It does however short those who use dust and gem relics regularly. Think of it like being paid monthly on the first and then abruptly switched to weekly ten days before what should have been payday. Yeah, it will work out eventually, but for a few weeks it's a royal pain.

And it was my understanding that it was originally pulled for bugs, not to change the start date. IIRC, they were initially wanting to drop it in this exact spot last time, two weeks before the end of that cycle.

Iyapo1

Think of it like being paid monthly on the first and then abruptly switched to weekly ten days before what should have been payday.
This is very true but you have to add in that we were given 4 months of warning that the change was coming.

The Unbeliever

No matter when you change it, someone is going to whine complain about the change coming right before their boosted relic week, They should have just done the change 7 weeks ago, instead of pausing.

2 more weeks delay wouldn't have killed the devs, and it would at least allow especially newer dust + gem players to get in 1 more round with the full relic offers...
Imagine those smaller dust/gem players who've maybe only had 2-3 rounds of their boosted relic, only to see it get snatched away at the 11th hour!
I know if I were a newer player who'd recently unlocked their T3 boost, and then saw my relic week up and disappear, I'd be p*****!

Sure they'll make it up eventually, but it's still a bitter pill for those players to swallow.
Since it's already been delayed 4 months, another 2 weeks wouldn't make much difference, except to allow the 'final' full cycle to finish and thus have the change effect everyone equally. :)

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
Why is it so important with this start of cycle? It is a cycle, and who says it starts with steel and ends with gems? What defines the start? I don't remember when I started playing in my different cities but I doubt I started with a steel tourney in all my cities.

Last edited:

Yogi Dave

Since I have plenty of all relics, the relics change doesn't affect me. People who push on the weeks giving relics they need and don't do as much on the other weeks may find this change problematic. Over the course of 9 weeks, the same number of relics of each type will be gotten instead of the imbalance they have played to get. The change in the balance of relic usage for making spells may remove or, at least reduce, that problem. However, they will most likely have to participate more evenly in all 9 tourney types. One advantage this change gives is if you are going to miss the tourney that gives you the relics you are short on, a trickle of those relics will still be coming each week.

I do like the way KP will arrive in earlier rounds. If you can only do 4 rounds of an upper prov, do to time or too few resources (troops or goods) you will at least get 2 of the 6KP.

The Unbeliever

Why is it so important with this start of cycle? It is a cycle, and who says it starts with steel and ends with gems? What defines the start? I don't remember when I started playing in my different cities but I doubt I started with a steel tourney in all my cities.
The old cycle would begin with Marble.

It's not a huge clusterfeth, (except for a very specific group of players), it's just really yet another indication that the devs don't give a rat's fart about the player base in general.
Similar to how they're too lazy to look at a calendar and count 21-22 days so as to avoid gak like the "do 8+ tournament encounters" barely 4hrs *after the weekly tournament ends... or the ever-so-lovely "gain 20 relics" as the final quest on a Monday night, leaving just 6-7hrs or so for players to complete via the new tournament & still spending their remaining currency!
Again, might not be a problem if you have lots of free time, but for many others, this can typically mean they miss out on the final event quest + milestone reward due to RL commitments.

Iyapo1

People who push on the weeks giving relics they need and don't do as much on the other weeks may find this change problematic. Over the course of 9 weeks, the same number of relics of each type will be gotten instead of the imbalance they have played to get.
This was me! I needed to shift my tournament habits to find weekly sustainable effort rather than pushing hard 3 out of 9 weeks. I was doing 15 tents a week/ 20+ on push weeks. I evened it out to 20 tents per week, which is barely sustainable in my scroll boosted cities(chapter 8 and 7).

Yogi Dave

This was me! I needed to shift my tournament habits to find weekly sustainable effort rather than pushing hard 3 out of 9 weeks. I was doing 15 tents a week/ 20+ on push weeks. I evened it out to 20 tents per week, which is barely sustainable in my scroll boosted cities(chapter 8 and 7).
Did the shifting of which relics are used for spells help?

Iyapo1

The relics used to make other spells has had no impact on me because I only make CCs. I imagine players who craft MMs in later chapters were delighted!