• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament Changes

Iyapo1

@Guurt The Destroyer
The changes to the spells already happened. The relics that you use to make CCs used to be used to make MMs and other spells. That no longer happens. Now you need to use Sentient Relics to make the other spells

Guurt The Destroyer

@Guurt The Destroyer
The changes to the spells already happened. The relics that you use to make CCs used to be used to make MMs and other spells. That no longer happens. Now you need to use Sentient Relics to make the other spells

Okay. I knew they changed it once, but it wasn't clear to me that they weren't changing it again.

So only the tournament changes are being made now.

The problem with this tournament change is that if a player does run out of a specific relic then there will be no way to do a huge push to get more of that relic.

Two tournaments ago one of my FS members did over 12,000 points in the tournament because they needed a massive amount of that relic.

In the future if a player runs out of a specific relic what can they do to get more? Once this happens you will essentially only be able to use what you get each week and there won't be anyway to stock up.

I need 3 different relics to make CC. I currently have 150 to 200 less of one of them. Normally I would do extra provinces during that tournament to make up the difference and even them out. But as far as I understand it I won't be able to do that anymore.

Yogi Dave

In the future if a player runs out of a specific relic what can they do to get more?
You get some every tourney. The strange part is you get fewer relics of the type the tourney is named after. Until you get to prov 10, the number of relics you get is smaller for the prov 1. If you only do the lower 9 provs for all 6 rounds, you get 9 relics the tourney is named after, you get 11 of the next relic, 13 of the next one. They increase by 2 for each relic type with 25 for the 9th relic. Prov 10 and above will each get 27 relics. So, if you want more of one relic and only do 9 provs, the best tourney if for the tourney that comes after the one you want. However, if you only do 10 provs, the tourney it is named for will give you 9 + 27 relics. :) Fun stuff. Basically, you just need to play every tourney.

You can craft them in the MA as another source.

Iyapo1

Once this happens you will essentially only be able to use what you get each week and there won't be anyway to stock up.
This is not so very different. Right now I can stock up once every nine weeks. If I run out before the end of the nine weeks...I run out. After the changes I will be able to stock up every week. One week supply vs nine week supply...either way if I run out I need to tournament more (or craft less which wont happen).

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Is it feasible to go 6 stars in the provinces which give you the relics you want and fewer stars for those you don't need?
Obviously there's a limit based on unlocked provinces but a slight shift this way could make a difference, no?

Yogi Dave

Is it feasible to go 6 stars in the provinces which give you the relics you want and fewer stars for those you don't need?
Obviously there's a limit based on unlocked provinces but a slight shift this way could make a difference, no?
Both yes, and no. If you are going for KP also, not doing as many rounds for the provs you don't need the relics for will reduce the the KP you get. However, you weren't getting as many KP from the tourneys you didn't as much in. So maybe that's a wash. The other problem is keeping track of which rounds to do and not do for a prov. It used to only be 1 choice about which tourney. Now, it's looking at each prov to see which relic you will be getting. Kind of makes you have to micro-manage it. I think it's easy to get caught up in just doing the provs. Though it is an option, one I'm glad I don't need to consider with my flighty brain. Shinny object. Oh, where? Now, what was I doing?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The other problem is keeping track of which rounds to do and not do for a prov. It used to only be 1 choice about which tourney. Now, it's looking at each prov to see which relic you will be getting
You have to do one round of each province in order to unlock them, and after that, you could use the tent to navigate, and there the relic you will get is clearly displayed, so that's an option.

The Unbeliever

You get some every tourney. The strange part is you get fewer relics of the type the tourney is named after. Until you get to prov 10, the number of relics you get is smaller for the prov 1. If you only do the lower 9 provs for all 6 rounds, you get 9 relics the tourney is named after, you get 11 of the next relic, 13 of the next one. They increase by 2 for each relic type with 25 for the 9th relic. Prov 10 and above will each get 27 relics. So, if you want more of one relic and only do 9 provs, the best tourney if for the tourney that comes after the one you want. However, if you only do 10 provs, the tourney it is named for will give you 9 + 27 relics. :) Fun stuff. Basically, you just need to play every tourney.

You can craft them in the MA as another source.
Me thinks this change is also in part geared towards forcing smaller players especially into crafting those relics every time they show in the MA. ;)

Seems like relics are the one thing that most people claim to pass on crafting, and of course, Inno don't want us hording up our resources when we can be spending them on anything & everything, whether an item is even useful or not!

Yogi Dave

You have to do one round of each province in order to unlock them, and after that, you could use the tent to navigate, and there the relic you will get is clearly displayed, so that's an option.
My brain was seeing the list of provs in the dialog, not the map. I just click on the next guy without looking at what it gives and stop when it's reached 5. Thanks for clarifying my mind's eye. Must have been that shiny object. :D

Alram

Flippers just flip
Me thinks this change is also in part geared towards forcing smaller players especially into crafting those relics every time they show in the MA. ;)

Seems like relics are the one thing that most people claim to pass on crafting, and of course, Inno don't want us hording up our resources when we can be spending them on anything & everything, whether an item is even useful or not!

I've always crafted all the relics I needed for my boost and my CCs. This change isn't going to change my crafting.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
The old cycle would begin with Marble.
Two more cycles to complete the relic cycle. It's bizarre to implement changes when it's almost done.

You assume incorrectly that marble was the start, it was for beta (iirc) but not live. Regardless every persons "start" depends on when they joined the game or a fs (depending on how long they played). There is no uniform start and therefore no perfect time to make the change.

Honestly I suspect the opposite will occur. My small town crafts those recipes regularly for 2 key reasons:
  • For boosted goods - the recipe is cheap and offers a decent amount of relics (most boost levels are only 5-6 relics in the early days)
  • For spells as you can run dry of relics in the 9 weeks.
The first reasons dies at max boost, the second reason likely will disappear as relics arrive consistently every tournament with this change. Anyone with an imbalance in relics or quests will still use the recipes as it suits their needs/strategy.

Tehya1

I am a newer player and I do wish that I had a chance to stockpile my T3 boosted relics (dust) once before it changes. I am lucky to be in a ten chest FS, so I do benefit from that at the end of the tourney. I get lots more relics than I get from solving the tourney provinces alone. I also craft the ones that I need for crafting as well as the boosted ones. I haven't even been playing for a full relic cycle, so the change isn't going to have a profound effect on me.

mikeledo

My question is: Does this change the fighting? Is Gems' guide to tournaments now totally useless?

The Unbeliever

My question is: Does this change the fighting? Is Gems' guide to tournaments now totally useless?
Wasn't their guide mostly outdated anyways after the last change that saw the enemy line-ups become more random?

Honestly not sure myself, since I haven't used their tournament guides in nearly 2 years now anyways.

TearathDorak

I find it interesting when looking at the new chart of rewards that the 1st providence 1st level gets more rewards than the 1st providence 2nd level ..... so 1st level you get 3 rewards (1 relic, 1 kp and 1 Power of Provision), 2nd level you get 2 rewards (1 relic and 1 kp) then back to 3 rewards for 3rd level (1 relic, 1 kp and 1 broken shard). I feel the value of each completed level should increase the rewards you get (ie 1st level gets 2rewards: 1 relic and 1 kp, 2nd level gets 3 rewards: 1 relic, 1 kp and one Power of Provision, 3rd level gets 4 rewards: 2 relics, 1 kp and 1 broken shard, etc.)