• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament Changes

T3 tournaments have a higher % chance of counter units (mixed) T1 tournaments have the lowest(mostly the same units)

Every tournament cycle for over a year sees someone on the forums making a thread about how much harder it got when we are in the Elixer/gem/dust part.
That makes sense. I usually don't pay much attention to dust tournaments because I have so many dust relics. The only reason I did so this week was because they announced that tournaments were changing.

I'm not sure how I feel about this situation, though. As several of us have mentioned, in the past, we could do a push tournament for relics that we needed most. Going lite on 2 of the T3 tournaments and then pushing hard on the one I need in order to get a large supply of those relics. Now we'll have to rebalance how often and how hard we fight. I have no doubt that the overall number of relics we receive will be the same or better than it was. However, it is going to take some time to determine whether the cost in resources and units over the course of 9 tournaments is the same as it was before to get the same number /of the relics desired/.

It doesn't do me any good to get more of the relics that I can't spend enough of already. For example, (and I don't want this thread to go off on a tangent) if I could create food in the magic academy for the relics that I have an abundance of, then those relics would have a greater value and I would have less of a surplus.

This is only part true, they started breaking the link to provinces 12 months ago. The tournaments used to align to a world map fight in terms of relics, units, goods and the map appearance. Now the only thing that links is the map appearance. All other factors are completely different.

The only thing making this dust is the map appearance (unless you auto combat, cater or are on mobile), then it is only the team relic awards. That said what else would you call them? They want 9 tournaments that rotate about. They could randomise the maps too and then go tourny 1-9 but meh...
When all tournaments are the same, they become just "the tournament"

Killy-

so a player with 3 provinces still waits 7 weeks not 9 weeks.
[...]
getting 6 dust, 12 gems, and 12 marble only is certainly NOT equal distribution....

A player with only 3 provinces could only play 3 provinces of his desired relic type in the old format.
Getting 30 dust relics was an even less equal distribution. So what is your point exactly?

Iyapo1

@BrinDarby
A new player with 3 tents open this week will have more than 3 tents next week and the week after.
Under the old system they would have to wait 9 weeks to gain any additional tournament relics from province expansion. Under this system each province they open will reduce the wait. Over a nine week cycle the natural growth of their city will drop the wait time.

ElvenEarsRule

as usual Soggy, you're almost just being a smart-ash ..... but okie-dokie

the above quote, you're quote, implies that wrap-a-round will exsist, and it doesn't
so a player with 3 provinces still waits 7 weeks not 9 weeks.

""the next province will give the next relic type in the typical relic order etc. so that there will be a more even distribution of relic ""
getting 6 dust, 12 gems, and 12 marble only is certainly NOT equal distribution....
But, 2 dust/steel/scrolls and 4 gems/marble/planks/crystal/silk/elixer = more even distribution.

so by 2 quotes of yours Soggy....
1) not having to wait 9 weeks .... and
2) Inno's stated goal ....

the fact that wrap-a-round provinces are NOT happening, completely
nullifies both #1 and #2 .....
If i was a bit more bored I'd do a chart to try to compare what early chapter people who can only do 10 encounters a week got vs new, but the focus was mainly for the demographics of people who really DID NOT need this change. Due to Inno's infinite wisdom those of us quite possibly only really have a noticable usage of 3 of the 9 relics once we're past the 500+ required to keep our boost.

I'll trust that hopefully they did the math for the stated intended demopgraphic and ensure those early chapter players get the same amount or slightly fewer/more relics,

Kawhi is a Raptor

I only collect maybe 10% of the spire/tournament badges anyways. As a test, I collected every single one and it added almost 100% more time to how long it takes- not worth it.

yeah i did that for a couple 45+ province tourneys and quit doing it after the 4th round and still ended up with a crap ton left over after the events

NEVER AGAIN

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
the fact that wrap-a-round provinces are NOT happening, completely
nullifies both #1 and #2 .....
How so?
If you need some [marble] relics to make spells you can get some every week now. That was the goal, and has been accomplished.

Old way: After the [marble] tournament is over you have to wait 8 weeks to get more marble relics (other than map&crafting)
New way: wait till Tuesday.

The lack of wrap-around is very minor since players will have 27 open provinces to enter chapter 3 within a week. That means that each relic is available for 3 weeks at a time which is a HUGE reduction in wait time. Just a few tournaments later they'll be in chapter 5 with 9 of each province open and have access to all relics every week.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
When all tournaments are the same, they become just "the tournament"

When all tournaments are the same, they become boring

The random troop combinations (and goods iirc) still add a little flavour to the different weeks. Hence the complaining about added difficulty in T3 relic weeks. The tournaments are fairly similar in many respects now, the wide variety there once was is basically gone :(

ElvenEarsRule

The random troop combinations (and goods iirc) still add a little flavour to the different weeks. Hence the complaining about added difficulty in T3 relic weeks. The tournaments are fairly similar in many respects now, the wide variety there once was is basically gone :(
Yeah, in all honesty, I'm guessing everything that is left pointing to the 'relic of the week' tournament actually probably contributes more to confusion to anybody who started after this week than any unique-ness. I'd probably argue that they just remove all 'relic of the week' reference and have it use every available scounted province just to reduce any potential for confusion in the future.

Yogi Dave

Remember when the scrolls tourney was arguably considered the toughest one? That put a burden on people needing those relics and we complained about it. This change alleviates that problem. The same can be said for tourney that was difficult for a person due to play style or whatever. That reduced the number of relics they could get of that type. This is just a slightly different way to look at the change than I've seen in here. However...
is valid.

BrinDarby

Some ppl don't overscout, some ppl don't play 10-16 hrs a day, some ppl
don't go as fast as humanly possible @ all times.....

How so?
If you need some [marble] relics to make spells you can get some every week now. That was the goal, and has been accomplished.

Old way: After the [marble] tournament is over you have to wait 8 weeks to get more marble relics (other than map&crafting)
New way: wait till Tuesday.
Wrong... in my example they still will wait 6-7 weeks, and only get some of 3 types, not some of all....

A player with only 3 provinces could only play 3 provinces of his desired relic type in the old format.
Getting 30 dust relics was an even less equal distribution. So what is your point exactly?
getting 30 of 1 type, or 6/12/12 of 3 types both are far less equal distribution
than 2/2/2/4/4/4/4/4/4 of ALL 9 types is .....

A new player with 3 tents open this week will have more than 3 tents next week and the week after.
not if they are mid chapter and trying not to overscout, might be a couple weeks to finish the Chapter.
especially if 1 of those weeks they just focus on say, a FA ........

-------

Before : lets say you had 5 prov open , the distribution of enchantments was I think every
3rd one... maybee it was KP... what I do know is round 1 you might get it in P1 & P4, then
in round 2 it would be P2 & P5, in round 3 just P3, then round 4 back to P4 & P1 and so on...
What I'm getting @ is it did wraparound for rewards. So whether you had 2 provinces or
7 provinces, what ya got was still equally distributed due to wraparound.

30 in 1 week or 6/12/12 both are horrible distrubutions... 2/2/2/4/4/4/4/4/4 is the
most equal distrubution possible, and even that is 6 shots at prolly increasing
a players's boost % each week, with just 1 craft of another 5 relics. Allowing the
players's boost % to go up 2-3% each week, instead of going up 25% every 9
weeks, means the law of compounding kicks in and the player gets more overall
than before......

@helya
Wraparound exsisted before and made rewards equally distributed, wraparound
needs to still exsist to facilitate an even distribution of relics to ALL chapter players.
where you leave off in the 9 relic rotation in round 1, is where you should start at,
in round 2.... not start back @ dust ( that weeks listed resource ) each round....

ElvenEarsRule

And arguably as odd of a decision as this was (imho) applying this to >mid-level chapter people, as an advanced player pumping out CC non-stop so long as you do 4 "Tourney Days/Stars", you can nearly get by with doing only 18 (slightly past 2 pages) encounters per my chart and average 27 per week (need 28 non-stop).

It probably is recommended that you would do a min of 21 encounters if only pulling 4 "Tourney Days/Stars" per week as the each week relics are offset +1 from where they were last week. So a last desired Relic if availab on 18, is on 19, 20, 21 the following 3 weeks. This would allow you to snag 12 extra of the desired relics per 9-week rotation and only hitting some of the massacre that is "page 3/ 17-24" is even with 50% dmg and 50% health boost on top of all the wonder boosts.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Wrong... in my example they still will wait 6-7 weeks, and only get some of 3 types, not some of all....
You can't quote half of my post and say I'm wrong. :rolleyes: Read the rest, you'll see I'm right and I mentioned your worst-case scenario.

The changes for a player who needs a specific relic type:
Anyone with 9 of each province: all relics are available every week​
Anyone with 8 of each province: Will have to wait 1 or zero weeks (89% of the time it's zero)​
Anyone with 7 of each province: will have to wait 1,2, or zero weeks (77% of the time it's zero)​
...​
Anyone with 3 of each unlocked (chapter 3 start) will have to wait 1,2,3..6, or zero weeks (33% of the time it's zero)*​

All of the above are significantly less than 9 weeks meaning that the developers' goal of making relics available to players more frequently than once every 9 weeks has been accomplished.

In all cases, it only takes a few tournaments before a player reaches the point where more than half of the relics are available more than half of the time.
*Even in that worst-case scenario where a new player runs out of a relic type the day after that relic is out of their tournament cycle and they have to wait 6 weeks they are able to complete an entire chapter (or two!) in that time and expand enough to reduce that wait time by half.

ElvenEarsRule

My FS members like the changes. The smaller cities feel more confident that the assortment of relics they need in the MA will be available. For me, I don't remember the last time I even checked relic quantities so no effect here.
Yeah, it's undeniable it's great for early chapter players to help build their boosted relics and get all of the relics cause they will generally need to perform a larger variety of crafting in the MA.

The biggest upset/change really is for players in much later chapters who only need to ever build one thing (not implying that ALL later chapter players do, but a decent amount do) in the MA that uses the SAME 3 relics. In which case previously you only had to push hard on 3 weeks out of 9 weeks.

Now, depending upon what you do in your tourney you have to go medium/hard every single week, despite only needing to replenish 3 relics. Which imho is probably the source of the major rub. Previously a player could go 1-2 pages for 6 weeks and 3 pages for 3 weeks to get the relics they needed. Now a player realistically needs to go a minimum of 2 pages (but may need to dip into the Bloody Page 3 if they don't consistently hit 5 Tourney Rounds every week) EVERY single week just to fuel their CC addition.

satchmo33

Lazy...didn't read all of the above posts. As a high-level player the tourney changes absolutely do NOT benefit me.....but that's OK cuz it gets newer players going and, maybe, staying in the game longer.

My pet peeve is that I'm now unable to prepare the right kind of troops each week. So, I can't participate in the tourneys as much as I want to. Any answers to this predicament?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Lazy...didn't read all of the above posts. As a high-level player the tourney changes absolutely do NOT benefit me.....but that's OK cuz it gets newer players going and, maybe, staying in the game longer.

My pet peeve is that I'm now unable to prepare the right kind of troops each week. So, I can't participate in the tourneys as much as I want to. Any answers to this predicament?

Enemy troops are still the same as before. The tier 3 tournaments are always the most random for troops, so it only seems like they changed that.

Silver Lady

Yeah, in all honesty, I'm guessing everything that is left pointing to the 'relic of the week' tournament actually probably contributes more to confusion to anybody who started after this week than any unique-ness. I'd probably argue that they just remove all 'relic of the week' reference and have it use every available scounted province just to reduce any potential for confusion in the future.

But remember that the relics we’ll get at the end of the tournament will only be the ones for that week’s tournament. So the week we’ll only get Dust relics from the chests our FS win.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@satchmo33
From the original announcement here on tourney changes in Oct 2020:
  • Enemy unit types for each Tournament Province are selected at random, with different weighting based on Tournament type. This means that, while it is possible for each enemy unit type to appear during any Tournament, there are higher probabilities for specific units to appear than for others, allowing for some preparations, but still bringing a challenge by including further unit types in the mix.
The following 'weighting' of units is from my personal files, and I'm pretty sure it came from either the beta forum or the beta thread on this forum, though I can't be sure:

Marble: Heavy Melee
Steel: Mage
Planks: Light Range
Crystal: Mage & Heavy Ranged
Scroll: Light Ranged & Heavy Ranged
Silk: Light Melee & Heavy Melee
Elixir: Light Range, Light Melee & Heavy Melee
Magic Dust: Light Melee, Mage & Heavy Ranged
Gems: Light Melee, Heavy Ranged & Heavy Melee

There seems to be a higher probability of the units that were seen in the old tourney format for each tourney type. But, what's obvious is that there is a high probability of only one unit type in the T1 tourneys, 2 unit types in the T2 tourneys, and 3 unit types in the T3 tourneys. I think that's what causes more losses in the T3 tourneys.
As far as for dealing with it now? I've been putting out one each of the 4 boost bldgs (UUU, DA, MMM, ELR) each week and feeding the fire chicken. I've also got a lvl 10 Polar bear and lvl 30 TimeWarp**, so I can conceivably use one set of boost bldgs (placed late Thurs) on 2 Spires and 2 tourneys. I haven't actually done it yet; have one spire/one tourney on the current bldgs; will definitely get the 2nd spire. Maybe the 2nd tourney if I'm able Tuesday, but my schedule looks doubtful this week (again). That helps conserve bldgs and pet food.
**Just wanted to include those things I have that other players may not have. Without those things, I'm sure it would be much harder to sustain. I'm doing top of Spire weekly in both cities; 6700 tourney in one city, 5400 in the other, every week.