• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament Encounters and Orcs

DeletedUser19723

So I guess that is part of the reason I keep hearing that I will need to produce orcs, orcs, orcs forever. I just finished the Orcs and Goblins Chapter yesterday. I don't scout ahead more than six to ten provinces which means from looking at the tech tree that I will need orcs for scouting around the end of Sorcerers and Dragons. Would that be right? I'm hoping needing orcs for tournaments would be at about the same time. Right now at the beginning of Woodelves my squad size is 1062.

Black watch

So I guess that is part of the reason I keep hearing that I will need to produce orcs, orcs, orcs forever. I just finished the Orcs and Goblins Chapter yesterday. I don't scout ahead more than six to ten provinces which means from looking at the tech tree that I will need orcs for scouting around the end of Sorcerers and Dragons. Would that be right? I'm hoping needing orcs for tournaments would be at about the same time. Right now at the beginning of Woodelves my squad size is 1062.

Hmmm, I'm in S&D and I think I needed Orcs beforehand... I did all the Squad Size upgrades every time I saw them thinking it was a good thing. Well, I was way over scouted at times so it was a good thing to reduce the problem again. I want to say I first got them in Wood Elves...

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
You can actually go to your map and figure out how many provinces you'll be able to explore before orcs are needed there. From your city, just count the province rings around you. Those little green orcs will be needed in ring 11. You can scout all provinces in ring 10 without ever needing them to negotiate. This is what still catches some folks by surprise. If they're not scouting in a circle around their city, but are 'reaching' out in a line (to 'discover' an active trading neighbor for example), they can reach a province in ring 11 without realizing they've gone that far, but I've had some FS members who thought that meant they now needed orcs for all negotiations on the map. You will never need orcs until ring 11 and reaching ring 11 does not have any effect on negotiating requirements in uncompleted provinces in the lower rings.

DeletedUser19723

Thanks so much for your info. Is there any way to know what will provide enough orcs as I move through chapters? Right now my orc producers are three armories maxed for where I am. They are level 23. Aaak! I just looked at the tech tree. Armories can't be upgraded in Woodelves, or am I not seeing it?

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Thanks so much for your info. Is there any way to know what will provide enough orcs as I move through chapters? Right now my orc producers are three armories maxed for where I am. They are level 23. Aaak! I just looked at the tech tree. Armories can't be upgraded in Woodelves, or am I not seeing it?

correct, on my biggest account I currently run 5 armouries because of the need for orcs.
Hero's Forge is a good source for orcs for now, but it will het surpassed by armouries soon enough.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I am a fan of the Orc Nests you can craft. I keep 3 in my city. As I move up in chapters, I just craft replacements as they show up in crafting. I run 4 armories, but they're not always making orcs. I tend to make orcs there with excess supplies or at least when my supply inventory is really healthy, lol!
As far as upgrades: I *think* a pattern develops at some point of upgrading Barracks one chapter, Armories the next.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
In one of my cities I'm in Fairies with 170 provinces scouted and a squad size 699. I'm hitting the need for orcs and haven't yet seen where I can produce them since my Amorys are at 12. I believe they have to be at 15 before they produce orcs, right? Naturally the provinces I need to clear of encounters are the ones with orcs because I need the relics of those provinces to make the catalysts I need to do the quests....you get the picture. LOL. So that's my story.

Moral? Don't get to much ahead of yourself in scouting provinces. I've been slowly moving back from all "very hard" to "hard" and now, a few "mediums" to help myself.

AJ