• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament kp instants

DeletedUser10287

I understand that a tournament change of reward is in beta now, and that they are changing from kps to kp instants that can only be used in AWs.

I do NOT want to be told how to use my kp rewards. KP instants would be GREAT if they were NOT exclusive to AWs.
I agree, I earned those kp's to be used however I see fit, be it in AW's or on research.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I understand that a tournament change of reward is in beta now, and that they are changing from kps to kp instants that can only be used in AWs.
I do NOT want to be told how to use my kp rewards. KP instants would be GREAT if they were NOT exclusive to AWs.
Apparently the rewards are also going up by 80%
Instead of 75 KP for 10 chests you get 135 KP split into 3-30 KP packs

For an 80% increase in rewards, I'd let inno tell me which wonder I have to put them in.

SoggyShorts

:confused:
3x30 is not 135? What do you mean?
Sorry, I was too lazy to cut and paste from Beta.
I meant the KP instants range in size from 3 KP up to 30 KP

Here is the specific list:
1st chest gives: 3 AW KP
2nd chest gives: 5 AW KP
3rd chest gives: 7 AW KP
4th chest gives: 10 AW KP
5th chest gives: 10 AW KP
6th chest gives: 15 AW KP
7th chest gives: 15 AW KP
8th chest gives: 20 AW KP
9th chest gives: 20 AW KP
10th chest gives: 30 AW KP

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
I was about to say, has the great numbertisian @SoggyShorts lost his skills? :O

And I will like to state it is always best to discuss beta related released features (that are not currently on live server) on the beta forum. Your thoughts about your likes and dislikes matter most there before live released.

~Xelenia

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I am not on the beta world but I'm really glad to hear about this! I will sure be more into the tournaments if this comes to live server. I was feeling a bit frustrated that the only time I could make much progress on my AW's was if I was tech locked or ran out of chapter to work on. Being able to make more progress on my AW's sounds great :cool:

WolfSinger

I agree with @Deborah M - it is nice when information is brought over from the Beta forum to give us a head's up regarding changes that are coming. We have the change to prepare for those changes.

Personally, I dislike the idea of losing flexibility with the KP I earn or win - but I'll live with it.

DeletedUser11886

I'm also not on Beta.

I think the loss of flexibility is more than made up for by not losing hourly KP if we aren't hovering at our city when the tournament ends

What I'm not sure about, is what happens to the people who only play on mobile, who won't be able to use any of those KP until changes are made.

DeletedUser1108

This turns that kp into the in-game equivalent of bit-coin! If I can't spend where I want, in the amounts that I choose then it is seriously devalued! An absolutely TERRIBLE idea as long as it can't be directed to research tree!

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
And I will like to state it is always best to discuss beta related released features (that are not currently on live server) on the beta forum. Your thoughts about your likes and dislikes matter most there before live released.

~Xelenia

So now you want to dictate where people talk about Inno dictating how they use their KP?

SoggyShorts

So now you want to dictate where people talk about Inno dictating how they use their KP?
LoL
to be fair though talking about Beta changes might be premature as they aren't guaranteed to come to live as is. In theory. Realistically we know 99% of updates don't change here or there.

DeletedUser11886

Are there players who only play on mobile? What have they been doing for spells and wonders?o_O
Since a lot of them are in the first couple of chapters, they just aren't doing anything with them but hoping it will get implemented soon.

DeletedUser13317

I'm very disappointed by this change and really hope it is not too late to get it modified. One of the ways I get the most joy out of the game, is to increase the difficulty level by setting somehwat unrealistic but not impossible time deadlines to get through the chapters... (For example, I managed to finish Orcs in 30 days) That would have been impossible without the extra 75 KP each week. I have never been techlocked. I don't want to be forced to pour KP into wonders rather than the tech tree, I know wonder levels are important from hlaflings on. I want to add them on my timing and to wonders I have not unlocked yet. This change is very frustrating. INNO should be expanding flexibility in play styles, not curtailing it. KP instant, great. Just let it be used on the tech tree too, and not just on wonders. Than you make everyone happy.

DeletedUser8187

What about the spells we get from the first, third chest are/will those still be awarded. My F/S never gets beyond the 4th chest so I don't about spells in the higher chests.

DeletedUser2207

Personally speaking, this change will benefit me - a lot of my KP is going into wonders anyway, so having more of it and adding increased flexibility to the timing of using it, is more than going to offset the occasional time I would prefer to put the KP into the tech tree. It's annoying having the freedom to use it on tech tree taken away, but I can (grumpily) learn to live with it

But, it seems like this could be extremely frustrating for newer players that are in the pre-guest chapters who often don't have any wonders at all. Sure they could stockpile KP instants until they actually have a wonder, or use them on a fellow's wonder, but that hardly seems like it's an actual "reward"

SoggyShorts

I know wonder levels are important from hlaflings on. I want to add them on my timing and to wonders I have not unlocked yet.
Won't it be great to go from zero right to level 5 with those wonders when you do unlock them?
I also played with a "zero techlock" challenge, so I do understand where you are coming from, but that ends in chapter 10 when there is a hard cap on settlement goods anyways.:(
KP instant, great. Just let it be used on the tech tree too, and not just on wonders. Than you make everyone happy.
The devs have stated that they won't do this as it would allow players to stockpile and blow through new chapters when they are released.
What about the spells we get from the first, third chest are/will those still be awarded. My F/S never gets beyond the 4th chest so I don't about spells in the higher chests.
All other rewards such as spells and relics appear to be remaining the same.
But, it seems like this could be extremely frustrating for newer players that are in the pre-guest chapters who often don't have any wonders at all. Sure they could stockpile KP instants until they actually have a wonder, or use them on a fellow's wonder, but that hardly seems like it's an actual "reward"
Newer players are likely only getting a handful of KP from chest rewards anyways, and being able to bank a portion of your KP income could be nice for them for when they do unlock a wonder.

qaccy

Is everyone just going to focus on the change to the FS chest rewards? From what it sounds like, the KP you get from tournament provinces is completely unchanged and, at least for me, that's where I get more of my tournament KP from anyway. The FS chests are just a bonus.