• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament 'push' weeks

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I've poked around and read what I could about FS's that try for the 10th chest on rotating weeks, allowing time between 'pushes' to recover/build up resources for the next one. I want to take the concept and modify it for our FS, and I'd like some input about doing that.
Our FS has 24 members right now, but we've managed to stay at 24-25 for a few months. Scores range from ~1300 to ~69000. The member most advanced in the tech tree has just entered Orcs. We have the basic rules 3x's a week visits, fair trades, scores need to move within 2 weeks. We do not require tournament/event/FA participation, but it is encouraged. Rank is not important to any of us. In July we were getting the 3rd chest every week. I started a campaign to increase participation and gradually more members are taking part. We are consistently getting the 5th chest every week, averaging 16-18 players. There is a core group of about 10 with consistent participation and about 5 of those who get 1000 or more points every week. Of those 5, I have the highest score(~59000) and am further along in the tech tree than any of the rest (finishing up fairies). A couple of the 5 are still in Ch 4-5 (one of those ranked 49th in Elcysandir this week, so proud of her!), one in dwarves and the other starting fairies. Most members seem to be doing more each week as they see the benefits. The problem is getting the 6th chest. We came within 1600 points this week (in Scrolls no less!), but didn't realize until Friday evening that we were going to be close, and only the 5 most active were really participating in trying. At that point, there was just not enough time left. For example: I opened only 8 provinces as I was doing 5 rounds in 7 provinces and 1 round in the 8th for 1500 points (my standard, non-boosted participation strategy). I opened all the provinces available right then. I was only able to do the first round of provinces 9-15, as there was not enough time for them to come open again and we weren't close enough to consider using instants/diamonds to force it.
I want to take the 'push for the 10th chest' concept and apply it to pushing for the 6th chest. I'm looking for info on how you pick which week to start, what the average time frame is between push weeks, stuff like that. My thinking is, we need to start on a week where the most of those other 4 consistently top scorers have a boost as I'm sure they'll put in the most effort and would like them to get some extra rewards for that. I'm not particular about which ones we do. Trying to teach by showing the benefits I got from higher participation means I maxed out all 3 boosts(and built the Mountain Halls, so they're all now at 724%!) I also give goods away to lower level players to help us get more points. So, I'll need time to amass some resources if I'm going to lead the push AND give stuff away, lol! I prefer to fight, but still can't win battles in some of the higher rounds of the higher provinces so I end up catering in the most expensive rounds. I'm interested in thoughts, ideas or whatever you think we need to consider.

juniperknome

that so sounds like my alliance core of about 6-8 push hard in the tourneys and 6-8 refuse to take part in alliance things no amount of game incentive can get them into participating

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Thoughts:
  • The greatest return in terms of score per goods is for lower level players. Offer three star trades to them for going higher. It can cost them a tiny fraction of what it costs a more advanced player to do the same encounter.
  • Squad size hurts in tournament play. Players who want to fight in the provinces should plan to negotiate in the tournament. Players who want to fight in the tournament should avoid optional squad techs.
  • Look for Event buildings that help your troops, and encourage everyone to try for a couple and save them for a tournament push.
  • Show them the value. Doing six provinces to level six will get them 40 individual extra KP, plus whatever you get from chests. That's like getting an extra day and half of kp every week. Doing the 7th to 5, 8th to 4, 9th to 3, and 10th to 2 will get them another 20 kp.
  • Go through the relic benefits of running your magic academy 24/7. Whether it's keeping your kp bar at 20 all the time, or getting an extra 50% goods from your larger factories all the time, or never running out of ensorcelled endowment or PoP. The Magic Academy makes the game a lot easier if you can feed it relics constantly.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
A "push" rotation that I have seen that seemed quite good was a 4 week rotation. The reason for this is it provides a reasonable time for stockpiling/recovery and by being every 4 weeks it naturally rotates through every province type in time so everyone's boost gets a turn eventually. As to when you start really is up to you, far enough out to stock pile is the main thing. On one fellowship we started with T1 goods so we got boost increase on those goods first.

I have also seen people use tournament minimum requirements for the push week. When you consider 4 weeks of prep (or whatever you choose), everyone should be capable of doing something.

With your smaller players, while trading goods to them is comparatively cheap they need to ensure they have sufficient supplies or PoP spells ready to go. Their cater costs will take supplies and they can't trade for those.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Thanks to everyone for their input. I like the 4 weeks rotation. Since the Winter Event starts tomorrow, and the ones who pushed this past week are still recuperating, I think we'll put off the first push week until after the event ends. I need that as much as anyone, because I'm very close to entering Orcs. I still need to clear provinces to open the chest for Orcs, and I'm only about 5kp from finishing off fairies. Clearing the provinces is going to deplete my resources some. It won't be bad, because I planned for it, but it would be hard to start stockpiling. Once I've activated advanced scouts, I should have a stockpile of fairy goods for future needs, so I'll get a bunch of extra space if I need it for the event. I keep space now for events/adventures in my city, but more is always better, lol!
Thanks again for the ideas/suggestions. I'm sure I'll have more questions when we try to implement this, and I'll post them here along with how this is working for us.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
. I still need to clear provinces to open the chest for Orcs, and I'm only about 5kp from finishing off fairies. Clearing the provinces is going to deplete my resources some. It won't be bad, because I planned for it, but it would be hard to start stockpiling.
There are some gain 40/50 relics quests in the event, so you may want to double dip by clearing your needed provinces during those quests.
It's a lot of relics to get by just using the tournament;)
The other side of that is that completing advanced scouts gets you better event prizes, so you may wish to check out the spoilers lists if you haven't already.
www.tinyurl.com/3ggiants
and
https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/winter-event-daily-prizes

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
The other side of that is that completing advanced scouts gets you better event prizes
If it wasn't for this, I'd still be taking my time leaving fairies, lol! Really not ready to deal with Orcs in my pretty little pink and purple town.

Edit to add: Looks like I'll be able to use some of them for these first relic quests in the event as well. I'm scouting one now, with one more to go to be able to open the chest. I used 3 in the province that completed scouting overnight for the first quest for 3 relics. I'm holding the last 5 in the open one until the next relic quest comes up (20 relics needed for it). Depends on what I get in NH treasure chests, and timing of the scouts ending (I'm at a bit over 13hrs/scout now) I'll get as much mileage out of them as I can.

Last edited:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
As we're discussing tournament push weeks in the FS, the idea that Tier 1 tournaments are easier has been presented (prefers to push those weeks, thinks it will be easier on everyone's resources). There are other reasons I don't think this is a good idea (not rotating through everyone's boosts for starters). I don't see T1 tournaments as 'easier' than the rest, but I haven't done any kind of real analysis. Has anyone looked at this? What are your thoughts?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I haven't paid close attention, but it doesn't appear true to me that T1 tournaments are any easier. The costs seem to be. as indicated, solely based on your squad size.

Like you, I think pushes that do anything other than rotate through the entire list are not reasonable. We've only had a couple of intentional pushes so far with a third scheduled. We're aiming for about 4 weeks apart. Most of our members are at max boost anyway, so the relics of a push (9-10 chests) week vs a regular week (8 chests) are inconsequential.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
People's opionon of an easy or hard week vary based on their skill, race and chapter, not to mention wonders or event buildings. Often people refer to light melee and mage (for Elve) as harder which from the chart below these are key units for at least one of each tier. Similarly I often here people mention the easiest are heavy melee and heavy range (more so for elves). All of these are mixed throughout the good types.

I would say working on rotation is best. if you have no great reason for rotation than work on ad hoc based on information like wonders, event buildings,etc. If most of your fellowship has the special event buildings for boost mage or archers than those weeks could be worth chasing.

Key_Unit_Type_Summary_Expanded.png