• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament rewards

DeletedUser1766

I am puzzled about how the tournament rewards work It seems that the only ones that provide runes are the first 2 and all the others just provide relics and kp's. I made a real effort this tournament to reach level 4 in 6 provinces but while I got runes in level 3 and level 4 of the first 2 provinces the other 4 have only provided increasing amounts of relics and kp's.

I am curious about how the rune reward is determined. If it only appears after a province has delivered 6 relics then there is no way I will ever get runes from any provinces other than the first 2 as there is not enough time for me to fight more than 4 levels. This means there is little point in fighting for more than the first 2 at higher levels. I have some neighbours who occasionally fight the same province as myself but that has no impact on my relic/rune reward for a province. Since all provinces from no 3 onwards only give 2 relics initially it would take 4 levels of battle to get them to 6 relics. So if you only get runes on the next level after 6 relics then I would have to fight them to level 5 and there is simply not enough time to do that in a tournament. The provinces only reset after 15 hours after all.

I also thought that when more than one person was fighting a province then the levels would act in a combined fashion but that does not seem to be the case. If I have 2 neighbours fighting with me we reach the checkpoint faster but the level for me of relic or rune is the same as if I was the only one fighting. I have no idea what rewards are possible in the checkpoints as I have never been beyond no 2 so I have no idea if they ever offer runes. I have encountered 2 neighbours who do the tournament but their rarely go beyond 2 levels.

In light of this it seems that unless I really want the relics there is no point in me fighting beyond province number 2 if I am after runes. Since I have lots of relics and really need runes for all the new wonders I am disappointed that I fought so much for so little reward. I thought about catering but I cannot afford the high prices that exist at higher levels. I do not mind fighting lots of provinces but there is not point for me unless it is a boosted relic or I have a chance at runes.

Can anyone clarify for me what the rewards are per level and province?

DeletedUser61

Here's the most interesting chart that I've seen, although I did not do the research myself.

Tournament Rewards.png

DeletedUser1766

Interesting. I am not sure how anyone can reach level 6 unless you make an effort to fight every 15 hours by missing out on sleep and real life activities. I manage to do a level once a day so I will never get beyond level 4. I have noticed though that each of my provinces the relic rewards go up by 2 at each level. So province 2 reaches 6 relics at level 3 and a rune at level 4.

Province 3 I have done 3 levels and it is reporting that level 4 will just give me 6 relics and 6 kp's no runes. I have no interest in fighting just for that and there is not time for a level 5 so I will leave it. However, it confirms my belief that if I am after runes there is no point in fighting beyond the first 2 provinces as I would never get beyond level 4.

dikke ikke

Yes you have to make an effort, 6 levels takes a little over 80 hours, let say 81 hours, so you have 15 hours spare because a tournament takes 96 hours. In my time zone tournaments start at 20.00h on Tuesday, so province 2 I can do Wednesday short after 12.00h, province 3 would be then around 04.30h on Thursday but then I am still sleeping so it will be more like 07.30h, province 4 will be at midnight Thursday/Friday, province 5 is than at 16.00 on Friday and the last province will be on Saturday morning around 9 giving me 11 hours spare.

DeletedUser43

Interesting. I am not sure how anyone can reach level 6 unless you make an effort to fight every 15 hours by missing out on sleep and real life activities.

It is a real nightmare if you are IN the US server on the US server. The timing is a brat. You start the first one at 11:00 am pst, then the next round you have to get up at 5am and do them again 16 hours later...so at 11pm until about 2 am. Which means yes, missing out on a lot of sleep. I haven't had one tournament I did that I wasn't sick and exhausted for. If you use autofight it is quicker, but you lose so many troops. If you fight manually, it takes about 5 hours or so to do each round: well, that's how long it takes me and I have over 30 provinces to do.

DeletedUser1987

It is a real nightmare if you are IN the US server on the US server. The timing is a brat. You start the first one at 11:00 am pst, then the next round you have to get up at 5am and do them again 16 hours later...so at 11pm until about 2 am. Which means yes, missing out on a lot of sleep. I haven't had one tournament I did that I wasn't sick and exhausted for. If you use autofight it is quicker, but you lose so many troops. If you fight manually, it takes about 5 hours or so to do each round: well, that's how long it takes me and I have over 30 provinces to do.
This is why I haven't yet participated in the tournaments. I WANT to.... but I want the rune shards, and I don't see any way to get the rune shards and still maintain a normal sleep cycle. I want to cater the tournaments, but that takes so many resources when I'm trying to use them for other things, it's just not possible for me.

DeletedUser1016

This is why I haven't yet participated in the tournaments. I WANT to.... but I want the rune shards, and I don't see any way to get the rune shards and still maintain a normal sleep cycle. I want to cater the tournaments, but that takes so many resources when I'm trying to use them for other things, it's just not possible for me.

...well, you can get 4 rune shards in levels [stars] 3 &4. Reaching level 4 is fairly easy to do [speaking about schedule time here, not cost/troops] and you can take the time to battle some encounters manually to save troops [I fight the more costly encounters to save goods], then cater all the "relatively" inexpensive encounters. If you stick to the first couple of provinces and get them to lvl 4, you'll most likely end up with 4 runes....and along the way you get KP and Relics [hopefully in your boosted goods].

Even if you just do the first province that is closest to you [#1], you'll know immediately whether or not the tournaments are for you. I was quite surprised how much easier and "cheaper" they were then regular encounters in the world map.

DeletedUser1766

Well the last tournament I did 6 provinces. I did the first 2 to level 4 and I got 4 runes. I did a couple more to level 4 and discovered that I just got more relics and was never going to have enough time to get them to rune stage. By this time I was quite tired of fighting so I did not attempt to do round 4 in them. I will just have to settle for the 4 runes each tournament. I have too much to do to play all 6 levels in the others. I cannot afford to cater for them and fighting that much makes me really tired.

DeletedUser627

It can also depend on your goals. For KP, go broad to L4; for Runes (boosted goods), go broad to L5; for tournament points, go as many to L6 as possible (don't open any you can't take to 6, imo).

And there's no way around it: we have to pay to advance the timers, or play at crazy times.