• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament Score Display

Add FS members that have 0 points to FS Tournament score list

• In Favor

Votes: 53 77.9%
  • Not in Favor

Votes: 15 22.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
i honestly just had a thought on this as a spire function mission creep.. do you want any players who have not done a step up the spire to show at the bottom ? and with fellowship adventures ? should we have the names off to the side and not on a path yet ? there could be a non participant list for every activity to know these things .. sort of kidding but not really
Yes pls on both accounts.
Its annoying having to go through the spire list of names climbing and comparing to a full fs list to see who didnt do anything each week.
And for FA, i have to track the names on every waypoint on every map. A list of anyone that hadnt submitted a badge would make that a whole lot easier.
Neither would hurt anyone. But both would ehlp those that have to keep track of info like that.

BrinDarby

then they should still send reminders to their members to clear one single encounter so that the rewards don't get wasted.
No freeloaders, ppl that just do 30/60 need permission, otherwise boot'em !!!
We have a min (120pts) but only IF you play, otherwise don't play.....

Killy-

No freeloaders, ppl that just do 30/60 need permission, otherwise boot'em !!!
We have a min (120pts) but only IF you play, otherwise don't play.....

What is the difference between 120 and 30? The first tournament points are free anyway. If someone is on vacation for example I say "do one province if you find the time and get the reward".
Well, OT sry, +1 for the idea.

able99

Please stay on topic in the thread. "Tournament Score Display"
Talking about Spire is a great idea, but start a separate thread to discuss. it so not to confuse the issue.

Kekune

@able99 to get someone's attention, you should tag them. Helya might not see your post for a bit otherwise.

@helya , able99 requested a vote a few posts back:
Helya, Thank you for interjecting and trying to keep everyone on topic.
I believe my initial post on this thread is clear and can/should be put to a vote as is. If you think I need to make some changes or clarifications before voting begins, then I am happy to do so. Otherwise please put the topic to a vote.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@BrinDarby and @SoggyShorts I don't have time right now to read all 5 pages but I would love to know how to copy FS list and Tournament list into Excel! I do have an Excel page that I check Tournament participation every week toward the end. My FS has 120 minimum + more as city grows so I remind players who are missing and give nonparticipants the boot after a few weeks. Obviously, I voted for this change in the Tournament display.

Khalani

I'm not in favor of a zero score for the whole FS to see. I do believe it does some "shaming" and if thats to be done on any of our members it comes from me as AM and me alone. Since we believe in their privacy and real life happens, I am more aware of who is out and for how long. I have no problem with a little work to figure it out if I need to. Part of being an AM. I have had a spreadsheet of players always. Once its set up its not difficult to maintain unless you have a very high turnover rate and if thats the case, you should check your recruiting strategy as you are looking for the wrong players for your type of FS.

hvariidh gwendrot

the majority of players/fellowships don't do tournaments, so they all get a zero as a badge to wear every week with this idea, and let's say something bad does happen in the real world they come back after having to deal with something terrible and see a zero to remind them they had to plan and run mom's funeral (extreme example but not out of bounds for reality) and then to extend it to spire and FA's seems the plan so all the players who just want to grow a city and be city builders get zeros all over all the time ... this isn't just about people in forum who take the time to discuss things it's about every server on us platform ... i doubt this will be recieved well by the majority of players

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@hvariidh gwendrot This isn't about the tournament. It is about the Spire. I don't think it is shaming at all. If a FS does not require Spire participation then the FS members know that and they are the only ones who can see it.

StarLoad

the majority of players/fellowships don't do tournaments, so they all get a zero as a badge to wear every week with this idea, ...

i doubt this will be recieved well by the majority of players
Thats is a total contradiction, if the majority don't do then how can the majority not receive it well?

Besides the discussion is over just vote and move on

OIM20

This isn't about the tournament. It is about the Spire. I don't think it is shaming at all. If a FS does not require Spire participation then the FS members know that and they are the only ones who can see it.
I thought this thread was about the tournament?
I propose at the start of every Tournament, every member of the fellowship is listed with a 0 score. As they earn points in the tournament, their score is updated accordingly. This is different than adding names to the list as points are contributed.
The Spire would be a totally different topic, wouldn't it? But I do have to agree with @ed1960 - the discussion about the 'shaming' issue was already hashed out, I think. Still, if someone wants to vote 'no' and explain why in a post, they have that right. Assaulting the deceased equine, though, I think should be avoided at this point, yes?

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
Is it that bad to have a zero compared to 30?
Some fs prefer 0 over 30 since if someone does 30 every week then they get all the fs rewards without helping getting them.
And if an fs doesn't have any tourney requirements then why should anyone be ashamed of zero?

hvariidh gwendrot

hashed out by whom? placing a zero next to peoples names is considered a negative demarcation to most.. especially if you are playing the game and minding you own beeswax and now you are a zero every week, week after week after week for the rest of the time you play .. seems a bit harsh

StarLoad

hashed out by whom? placing a zero next to peoples names is considered a negative demarcation to most.. .. seems a bit harsh
And you are now speaking for the 50%+1 of all players now? As far as hashing it out there are 5-7 pages of debate on the issue, depending on How many were removed, and the entire argument you are continuing with is that a Score of 0 at the start of the tourney isn't a problem but showing that same 0 at the close is? Or is it any 0 showing that scares you? I don't care if mine has a zero and from the voting so far that seems to be the trend. So ...?

Gladiola

I think there should be a "don't care" option on this poll for people who don't have the passion for the topic that others do. I wonder if that would be a good option on all the voting on suggestions so mods can gauge which ones more people really want (as opposed to haven't seen, etc.).

hvariidh gwendrot

i'm speaking for more than just myself if that was the question .. 1) add an opt out box to check and fellowships that don't play tournaments or communicate with each don't have to get the zeros (2) do you honestly think players/people in the previous categories will think getting a new 0 next to their name is awesome and (3)10 pages of 30 people in a thread do not make the 10's of thousands of real world players a non factor