• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament Score Display

Add FS members that have 0 points to FS Tournament score list

• In Favor

Votes: 53 77.9%
  • Not in Favor

Votes: 15 22.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hvariidh gwendrot

one you are asking her to do something the game doesn't have yet so why you keep doing that i don't know ....... and she was not forgetful .. she sent a message as members do here ..we communicated she was gone for 2 weeks with family for moms death .. now pay close attention to this next part as you keep missing it ... IF this was a real thing already and she came back to a zero she would have been mad that an AI gave her a zero for the 2 weeks she had to take care of her family in the real world, to bury her mom and get affairs for the family in order, was that clear enough ? .. she never once logged on while taking care of her family .. the fact that people in here want more bot and ai functions vs thinking and doing for themselves is what i find surprising not that people don't want zeros next to their names .. the amount of people who find that offensive was more than i thought it would be .. so if there is "no difference" as you all keep saying "what's the difference" between a zero or just listing the name seems you wouldn't care if it was just a list or a zero, if all you wanted was a fix to this non problem .. zeros will get complaint tickets .. so try rethinking a tweek vs what makes the game easier for people who think knowing about their own fellowship is "hard" or "difficult" of course using your own words and logic to find a better resolution may be a bridge to far for you :cool:

Last edited:

hvariidh gwendrot

sorry for context it's several pervious ideas some shot down some implemented :) i tend to vote for thinking for yourself and communicating with team mates vs code

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
IF this was a real thing already and she came back to a zero she would have been mad that an AI gave her a zero for the 2 weeks she had to take care of her family in the real world, to bury her mom and get affairs for the family in order, was that clear enough ?
We are discussing both a thing that happened (your friend having RL issues) combined with this proposal. Hence your use of "IF"
As in "IF she came back to see a zero she'd be mad"
to which I'm asking
"Why?" Why would a zero upset/surprise her unless she forgot that she was busy that week? Why would she check her tournament score(when she got back), and if she did how would her zero come as a surprise to her? Still hogwash.

Getting emotional when you are presented with a fact that you are already aware of is kinda crazy, especially if you specifically have to look up that fact in order to upset yourself. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Bots? Ai? It is just about a complete member list for the tournament including the players that have not participated.:rolleyes:
Some players conflate simple user interface improvements and "bots". In order to make their argument, they exaggerate to the extreme accusing players of "wanting to dumb down the game", "wanting a game for babies", or "wanting a game that runs itself"

hvariidh gwendrot

i think you intentionally miss the point, if you really don't understand how a person can feel something, reexplaining the same thing to you a third time wont help you understand human feelings ... and try to answer the questions you get once in awhile vs the constant deflections and misleading if there isn't a difference between zeros and just listing why push so hard for something you know, and you know it will get so many tickets they will cancel it like they have other "ideas" released in to live be a real .. soggy seems like the kind of gal would get something explained to her after a few tries i guess she isn't

SoggyShorts

if you really don't understand how a person can feel something
They are pretend feelings in a pretend scenario since no one has ever seen a zero next to their name, you are only guessing at what their feelings might be and I think you are wrong.
if there isn't a difference between zeros and just listing why push so hard
Because it's too late to change the proposal once so many votes have been cast.
you know it will get so many tickets they will cancel it like they have other "ideas" released in to live
Like which ones?

SoggyShorts

till it gets to live and tweeks it's not to late to change anything kinda explained that a few times too
You can't expect everyone to come back and change their vote if you change something. That's why discussion comes before a poll is added.
Minor tweaks to a popular idea is one thing, but you've made this so controversial that it's much harder.

hvariidh gwendrot

never said change the vote never said i wanted any changes to the vote ... what i did say was if this train wreck leaves the station and goes to beta, then tweek it there to the list only feature and save support tickets

SoggyShorts

never said change the vote never said i wanted any changes to the vote ...
You want to change something that people have voted for already. That's not fair.
Imagine you voted " yes"for apples and then they changed it to oranges.
what i did say was if this train wreck leaves the station and goes to beta, then tweek it there to the list only feature and save support tickets
If you want to change it after it's in Beta then maybe that's where you should suggest that?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
C'mon people. I know this is the US forum, and that means a lot of entitlement has to be dealt with, but something does not need to be made more sensitive or sanitary or safe because 5 or 10 people out of 10's of thousands may have their feelings hurt. I bet if this were a suggestion on any of the other forums, it would not get near this level of personal angst.

able99

Brain storm,
How about a report that tells us how many times any given member posts the same argument in a thread, or responds to every comment that doesn't conform to that members view. Enough already.
Here is a new suggestion, just don't engage in any more arguments, or attempt to persuade. No one is changing their minds. If you just don't engage, they will be arguing alone.
Argue against me for this comment if you like, like it or dislike it. I will not responds.

Last edited:

Valtitude

Those players most of all would benefit from this proposal. If your FS doesn't have a set minimum for the tournament, then they should still send reminders to their members to clear one single encounter so that the rewards don't get wasted. You're on the same team after all.
Those players most of all would benefit from this proposal. If your FS doesn't have a set minimum for the tournament, then they should still send reminders to their members to clear one single encounter so that the rewards don't get wasted. You're on the same team after all.
Have been caught up in a difference of "how to play" viewpoints, recently.

So, FS tournament rewards are wasted if players don't negotiate or fight in just one tournament province per tournament? or is this just so someone doesn't show up as a zero?!

Why then, are many players concerned about FS players not participating in tournaments? If it doesn't matter, then high scoring players aren't carrying low scoring players to reach ten chest level and beyond, correct? Really?

If minimums aren't set, how does a no minimums FS regulate so same person doesn't keep doing one province per tournament? Honor is a nice thought, but some players don't care. A bit off topic, but hopefully not too far.

Iyapo1

If minimums aren't set, how does a no minimums FS regulate so same person doesn't keep doing one province per tournament?
@Killy- went right to the heart. They dont, because they dont care that members do this. In fact most laid back, no minimum FSs encourage this. Try to hit at least one tent so you get a share.

I am not a laid back player. Me in a laid back no minimum FS has drama written all over it! So I join FSs that are full of people who also care. They have enforced minimums. And if they decide to stop enforcing the minimums habitually, I leave.