• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament Score Display

Add FS members that have 0 points to FS Tournament score list

• In Favor

Votes: 53 77.9%
  • Not in Favor

Votes: 15 22.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sir Bently

The Tournament Tab and world view tournament banner currently shows the points contributed by each member in the fellowship.
Members with no points are not on the list.
I propose at the start of every Tournament, every member of the fellowship is listed with a 0 score. As they earn points in the tournament, their score is updated accordingly. This is different than adding names to the list as points are contributed.
There are 2 reasons the change would be helpful.
1. It would make it easier to identify a members not contributing in the tournament. Currently to determine who is not contributing, someone needs to compare the roster with the tournament scores to find who is missing. This is a pain to do with a 25 member fellowship and the orders of the names are always different.
2. A member seeing their name with a zero score will encourage tournament participation. Win win for everyone.
That's all well and good but here's the problem a lot of players that are in fellowships will not contribute no matter what you do or say or try to encourage them I have been a AM in several different fellowships over the years and that was one of the biggest problems I had and if you said to much to them they would start complaining nothing but a bunch of flipin drama and act like a bunch of 2 year olds
All I can say is Lots Of Luck with that one

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
That's all well and good but here's the problem a lot of players that are in fellowships will not contribute no matter what you do or say or try to encourage them I have been a AM in several different fellowships over the years and that was one of the biggest problems I had and if you said to much to them they would start complaining nothing but a bunch of flipin drama and act like a bunch of 2 year olds
All I can say is Lots Of Luck with that one
This, again, goes back to players being in fellowships with wrong fit. Stating FS expectations/rules/minimums up front solves a lot of this, but don't have rules if you don't plan to enforce them. If you're an AM with expectations, save yourself the babysitting. You have several options: (a) Punt (b) Dropkick (c) Eject button, or (d) Trebuchet.

Sad day. Yet more evidence that the developers just don't know what it's like to play the game.
I mean, like "butts in seats", "eyes on screen" is prob a measured metric of "success" in their minds, so maybe having people waste time on stupid things like figuring out who's not contributed to tourneys/FA maps yet or doing neighborly help on the browser are all part of the "winning" formula. Ironically though, players also have more "fun" being in well managed fellowships. If only they'd give management teams better "tools" to work with. My fingers are tired from making quotation fingers every other word so I'm going to employ my eyes to end the sentiment with a wink ;)

Myne

Oh Wise One
This, again, goes back to players being in fellowships with wrong fit. Stating FS expectations/rules/minimums up front solves a lot of this, but don't have rules if you don't plan to enforce them. If you're an AM with expectations, save yourself the babysitting. You have several options: (a) Punt (b) Dropkick (c) Eject button, or (d) Trebuchet.

I mean, like "butts in seats", "eyes on screen" is prob a measured metric of "success" in their minds, so maybe having people waste time on stupid things like figuring out who's not contributed to tourneys/FA maps yet or doing neighborly help on the browser are all part of the "winning" formula. Ironically though, players also have more "fun" being in well managed fellowships. If only they'd give management teams better "tools" to work with. My fingers are tired from making quotation fingers every other word so I'm going to employ my eyes to end the sentiment with a wink ;)

I prefer to punt, after warnings. I have only had to dropkick once, and I must say it was very satisfying.