• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament/Spire Formula SUCKS!!

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@TalimSwift: That's fine and dandy for later chapter players, but early to mid game it's much more difficult to maintain a high troop production rate, especially if you've invested into AW's in general...
I actually wonder about this. When I did the early chapters it was still under the old system where there was 1 shared queue for all 3 military buildings. Which essentially meant that you could only have 1 military building active at a given time. I have a feeling you did the same thing. A mid-game player now can run all 3 military buildings at the same time. So they should be able to make a lot more troops in the middle chapters than what older players could back when they did the chapters.

Myosmar

Making progress past chap 8 certain research lvl is simply shooting yourself on the foot in the name of *progress*. I have a parked city at chap8 that clears spire all 3 floors every week, along with clearing all tourneys every week (as much as I can log).

Problem is that inno's formula is so stupidly made that, if I make any unnecessary research at that point for the sake of progress, or place any expansions for a building I dont really need, or lvl my AWs beyond the optimum.. Then I will simply go backwards in terms of what I produce weekly vs what it costs me weekly..

And that is simply beyond stupid because it covers **ALL OF THE POTENTIAL PROGRESS DIRECTION**!! My city is at its best when it does NOT progress at all. How stupid is that? I have 14 expansions sitting in my inventory that will never be placed. I have over 10k diamonds I wont ever spend on premium expansions. I dump all my KPs into military AWs only without ever doing any research. I still keep playing for FOMO because I can auto-fight clear my spire+tourneys at one sit, but at one point I will probably say fuck it.

TalimSwift

I used to think this way, but listen to this, i just recently went on a rampage and completed chapters 12-13-14 all in a hurry, dumping portal profit one after the other, without bothering much with the settlements as those chapters allow us to circumvent the process if we wish to.
Now, my performance in tourney, using pretty much the same tools went up.
my relevant AW's didnt change much (like the + attacks or MM). I would place 1-1-1-1 every week, as before and feed the bird, as before.
But now, the difference is, i make so many resources of every kind, and my military buildings can crank a LOT more troops
And thus, advancing made my game easier, and i've bumped my tourney performance by at least 25-30%. From doing maps 1-10 to 6* and maps 11-24 to 2*, Now i can do maps 1-24 to 6* no problem and some weeks i even push it to 30 provinces
There is no way a chapter 8 town can pull that off

I should note that between end of ch.11 and beginning of ch.15 i must have added about 20 expansions, some premiums, some research, some world map. My performance is much bettter, as i have more space to put everything i need

You should remember that advancing research eventually allows you to upgrade all your units to 3 stars (and now, some at 4 with the last chapter), and THAT is what you advance for

I will agree with you however on what you say, but only in the case that you have diamond farming towns. I suspect you want to spend as little time as possible in those, and so in these cases, as i do myself with my own 7 subs, growing them becomes too much trouble

Hawk1911

Here's my strategy and it works 100% of the time, all of the time (LOL). I'm in Unami chapter if you need to know....

But how to win the fights you ask? Well as a player above mentioned, you'll need:
1x Dwarven Armorer
1x Unleashed Unit Upgrade
1x Light Range boost
1x Mage Multiplier
+ feed the bird
I agree 100% with this strategy and has worked for me since the Faries chapter. I'm in elementals now. I change up the 5day buildings based on what I need most that week. Sometimes it's 2 mages, sometimes it's 2 unleashed. Make sure your magic academy is working and clear those slots before the time is up. Odds increase dramatically if you can get a clean reset without a slot tied up crafting an item.

I personally find I can craft at least 5 buildings per week (sometime get lucky and it's 10 in a week), so my inventory has consistently grown over the last 6 months, even with using 3-4 per week.

For those that run short on buildings, place them later in the week and you can get 2 spire runs (using time instants for 1 run) and a full tourney per set of buildings. Then take a week off and don't place any while you replenish the buildings. My secret, don't run out... you need to keep some in inventory so you can always place the building you need most. This may mean you need to take a week off and rest/recover.

Deleted User - 1178646

But how to win the fights you ask? Well as a player above mentioned, you'll need:
1x Dwarven Armorer
1x Unleashed Unit Upgrade
1x Light Range boost
1x Mage Multiplier
+ feed the bird
Getting one of each to craft per week is easily feasible if you log in at least 2x per day. To improve your chances of getting the recipes, ALWAYS use a 5-hr time boost on recipes for buildings. This ensures that next time the timer restarts, the slot will always refresh a new recipe instead of having the previous one because you are still in cooking mode.
As for the DA, you'll quickly find that getting one per week is almost guaranteed if you do all 3 floors in the spire EVERY week. In fact, i get it clockwork ever since they introduced the artifacts. Since those just wont drop, i get a DA instead.
I tried this week 1 UUU + 1 LR + 1MM + bird and I was totally shocked about the result.

Past 3 weeks I tried to fight the spire with an account just arrived at the ammuni chapter and I had autolosses, needed to negotiate certain battles and could not push past the 2nd floor to the 3rd floor it was too difficult and too expensive.

This week I placed 1 of each of those buildings and I just went to the top with barely any losses had no autoloss and it was easy peasy.
I am just shocked how much of a difference that little bit makes. it went from totally hopeless 2 levels to flying trough the tower without any issues.

I personally think the difference is a bit too much, but most importantly it shows how vastly different a persons experience can be based on the knowledge that if you do just this little bit it becomes a totally different game, it's not that I compare nothing to an excessive amount, 1 of each is not that much. so I used 50% less HP and had a similar result

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 1178646

WE NEED ORCS !!!!!!
1645996134156.png

I am really trying to get rif of them but those bastards breed to fast.

Agvar

I generally only do the Spire for the Teleport Spells. My strategy is to do half or all of the Gateway as soon as the Spire opens, then wait for the Tourney when I feed the Phoenix and place any temp military buildings I have space for.

I am in Chapter XIV Constructs now, have over 150 AW levels and over 130 Expansions (the only Premium ones I bought before they changed the formulas). Most weeks I make it into the third level of the Spire, but not without heavy catering and too many Diamonds, but my strategy allows me to ensure that my FS gets at least chest 6 in the Tourney each week (at least with the new Archiving system).

Something went wrong today though, I'm actually using more ELR/MMM/UUU than last week but my losses are greater. What the heck?

A few weeks back I went bananas and pushed the boat out to 40 Provinces, catering after I could no longer fight. That cost me about 500K in each of T1, 2 & 3 Goods and over 125K Orcs! I will not be doing that again any time soon.

I agree with comments about lack of MMM/ELR/UUU turning up in the MA, and I'm only managing with enough Pet Food as I'm getting it as special prizes in the current event.

The thing I really don't understand about Inno and the Devs (sounds like a rock group) is why they added Expansions into their formula. Surely their business model is to encourage people to buy Premium currency, not discourage them by making the game unplayable (or nearly so) if they do. I just do not see the logic in their thinking. As soon as they introduced the new formula I stopped spending Diamonds on Premium Expansions and will not do so again unless they remove them from the combat formulas.