• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament & Spire info.

HJK84

My city has been static for over 2 months due to Wishing Wells. All I've been doing is upgrading AW's.

Tournaments;
What I realized is, my Tournament has been getting harder, more costs and more losses. Which would make sense, if I researched SSU, or advanced in Tech, but as I said, not the case at all.
Every week, I'm realizing costs and troop losses keep going higher and higher.

Spire;
What I realize is, I'm losing more resources every week for Spire (negotiate only)
Every week, I'm realizing resource losses keep going higher and higher.

You could say, it's all about luck, and I've been on a bender for 2 months... but it just can't be.

I have another FS' member who seemed to agree with me. Also told me about a AW scripting issue had been resolved for this exact problem. Was it resolved???

-Thanks, James :)

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Having more AW levels will increase the difficulty of the Spire. There is a thread in this forum about Spire difficulty calculations which was started by MinMax Gamer. Look it up, they figured out the exact formula the game uses to calculate your Spire difficulty level.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Two months is barely one of each of the nine tournaments. They are not all the same difficulty, as scrolls and dust are much harder than steel and planks, for example. So if the exact same type of tournament is harder for you when you have not done anything in the game that would make it so, there might be an issue.

As for the Spire, as Henroo said, every AW level you add increases your and the enemy's squad size slightly, which also increases the negotiation costs. But yes, picking right if you only negotiate is up to your skill at guessing right and the randomness of the first try in each encounter. Never go for step two if step one in a negotiation gets bad results.

HJK84

@Henroo Thanks, I'll take a look.
@Enevhar Aldarion True, it's closer to 3 months, but w/e. And yes, I think there's a issue.
For Spire, I figure the slight difficulty going up due to AW's makes sense, when I compare to lost resources.

We are now 3 in FS seeing a similar change in difficulty for Tournament.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
@Henroo Thanks, I'll take a look.
@Enevhar Aldarion True, it's closer to 3 months, but w/e. And yes, I think there's a issue.
For Spire, I figure the slight difficulty going up due to AW's makes sense, when I compare to lost resources.

We are now 3 in FS seeing a similar change in difficulty for Tournament.

The last time we have seen an increase in difficulty in the tournaments was last october when the new units came out, and a little bit easier when they nerfed the frog prince a little later (that nerf also applied to tournaments frog princes)

The tournaments cycle trough a certain fixed set of enemy units, this set is always the same, but the way it cycles trough thesesets is in my idea not exactly the same every 9 weeks, there seem to be some sort of variation there as in my perception not every for example crustal tournament feels as easy/difficult as the former.

I like to add a note on the last part that it's my perception, I never investigated it this is actually the case, It could be that it is actually every 9 weeks the exact same encounter in the exact same order.

Deleted User - 3932582

I do track tournament losses on 9 week cycles, and my losses are going down slightly on like-for-like basis (measured in squads), with consistent usage of boosts and tactic. The decrease is commensurate with my slow upgrades to Martial Monastery. I definitely do not see losses increase for many months, from before chapter 15, and now post chapter 16.