• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament strategies question

DeletedUser3351

I recently started playing in tournaments (only 3 so far) and have some questions on dealing with the strategy. I have already seen Mykan's excellent guide but I guess the tournament section is still work in progress.

So here are my questions:

1) Pattern of awards for rounds: Is there really a pattern when it comes to award? I ask this because I need to strategize my play to get maximum relics and KPs when I am not chasing tournament points. I know that the last round always award a rune and can be avoided but I have seen runes in 5th round as well. I have seen more than 4 relics and KPs awarded in 3rd and 4th rounds consecutively for some provinces whereas in some provinces there's only 2 of each for the corresponding rounds. Is there a formula or pattern to it or is this completely random?

2) Pattern for catering goods: For each tournament week I have played , I have observed that the catering focuses majorly on only 2 of the basic goods (one as per tournament and another) instead of all 3. Is the selection of the other good completely random or is there any pattern to it?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser627

The first three provinces have a unique reward progression, presumably to offer smaller cities an optimum opportunity.

If you're fighting in provinces 4 and higher, then Levels 1-4 provide both KP and Relics. Level 5 is only Relics. Level 6 is only Rune Shards.

In practice, yes, there are random Runes. For the most part, don't go past Level 4 if KP is your primary objective. I haven't yet found a pattern to the amounts - I kept a record for a couple of weeks, and both varied a bit from another's players published record.

DeletedUser3351

Thanks Bobbi,

That was a useful recommendation. Henceforth I would just play till round 3 and see the rewards for round 4 to decide whether to continue further in that province.

But what about the goods part? For example in the last steel tournament, I almost completely ran out of steel (my boost) and planks (catering approach since I am still in Chapter 3) but my marble inventory was almost as full as before. I faced a similar situation the week before during the marble tournament. Almost all the rounds consistently demanded a combination of only two of the basic goods even though I entered the tournament with all three basic goods in almost equal quantities.

Is there way to predict which 'other' basic good (besides the primary) would be the focus of catering in the next basic goods tournament ?

DeletedUser3312

These are excellent questions and great information! Thanks I am learning a lot. smiles. I am going to give the planks tourney a whirl when it come up. Keep posting info and tips please!! :):D:):D

Mykan

Oh Wise One
With the goods for for catering it follows the same pattern as for provinces. If you have a scouted but not complete provicne of the same type you can check out what goods it primarily uses.

I was recording the goods used but didn't confirm all of the information (so not in the guide yet). From my experience a tier 3 good is used but is less noticeable especially in closer provinces. The below should be useful just note it isn't all 100% confirmed as I saw a pattern and filled in some blanks.

Tournament_Catering.jpg

DeletedUser43

1) Pattern of awards for rounds: Is there really a pattern when it comes to award?

There is a pattern, but they keep tweaking it. So this is hard to answer.

Generally, in the first 4 rounds you get kp for winning the provinces, except for the first few provinces where you might get a rune shard or two for the first one or two provinces. In round 5 you get all relics. Nothing but relics. In round 6 you get rune shards only. The actual amount of kp you get changes. But round 4 gives you 6kp for some of the provinces, so it is best to get to this round if you can if you want kp.

DeletedUser3351

Thanks Mykan, SoggyShorts and katwijik. That is exactly what I was looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3351

I think the rewards depend on not only the rounds or province numbers but also on the distance from the city.

For example, in the current planks tournament, both province 1 and 2 are in ring 2 and both provinces 3 and 4 are in ring 3 (I am boosted in steel, scrolls and dust, so you get the picture). I got equal relics and KPs for each province 1 and 2 till round 2 and runes in round 3 for both the provinces. For provinces 3 and 4 I got relics and KPs till round 3 and being offered runes for round 4.

Did anyone ever received relics/KPs as awards in a subsequent round after they were awarded runes in a previous round?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I was tracking my rewards in the current tournament and there are minor variations to the above table although I am unsure on the reason. Tech era or provinces explored is the most likely explanation.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I think the rewards depend on not only the rounds or province numbers but also on the distance from the city.
I didn't track perfectly this time, but I am sure that the table I posted above was off for a couple, and I think distance is the reason.

DeletedUser3312

I was only able to play 2 rounds and I did not win anything.

DeletedUser3297

You have to complete the entire tournament province before you get anything. If the armies are too strong ( which they usually are for newer players) it comes down to catering. The great thing about catering for newer players is it costs almost nothing to do. Best way to see if you can win a province is to add up the total amount of goods required to cater all the battles. If you have enough, cater them all and get the rewards. If you don't have enough to cater them all, do not cater any because it will be a complete waste of goods because you don't win anything.

DeletedUser1621

You have to complete the entire province to get any reward, otherwise you only get tournament points for the encounters you do complete, which are only useful to determine tournament ranking.

You need to reach the province checkpoint to get any "bonus" rewards at the end of the tournament. If you are not getting any help from your neighbors, you will reach the 1st province tournament checkpoint when you have completed the same province 3 times during the tournament (with 16 hour delays in between them). You can reach the second province checkpoint by yourself also if you complete the same province 5 times within the tournament time limit. It is impossible to reach the 3rd checkpoint for the maximum province reward by yourself.

The more province checkpoints you reach, and the higher the level, are used to determine the end of tournament rewards you can get, which consist of additional relics, rune shards, treasure chests, and if you finish the tournament in the top 100 rankings, points to add to your normal player score.