• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament tab missing from Ranking box, fails to load in Fellowship box

Status
Not open for further replies.

edeba

I have reloaded several times and this is happening with another fellowship member as well. Another fellowship member reports that there's is working properly.

Edit, further questioning, two of us with the problem are using Chrome, player without the problem is using firefox.

HelenaReign

Hmmm, I got curious about this and checked mine, because I use Chrome.
The tab was there and working fine in Khelonaar and Winyandor as well, just FYI

DeletedUser3507

I use chrome 64 and it the latest update and still does not load FS tourney tab results says loading....still...2 hrs and 42 minutes after tourney finish..

Yogi Dave

I have observed the same problem. The ranking window no longer has the torunament tab, instead it has a fellowship adventure tab. I've tried this with both MS internet explorer and firefox. I've exited the browsers, cleared cache and even rebooted the computer to no avail. The tournament tab was there an hour of so before the tournament ended today. Now it is gone. I checked with a couple of people in my FS and two out of three are having the same problem. One now has 4 tabs, the usual 3 plus the one for the Fellowship Adventure.

Also, myself and the two having the problem have another one, which may be related (or not). The tournament tab on the FS window does not load the list. It shows "Loading data. Please wait...". So I wait and wait. I came here to see if others have the same problem. I bet it'll be waiting when I get back.

At least I still have chat. (tempting fate with that comment.)

HelenaReign

Oh wow! This must be a problem definitely. I wonder why mine is working? Usually I have all the problems that everyone else is having, and then some! :(

DeletedUser9932

Same issue as some others. "Tournament" tab in the FS pop-up won't load info. The tab is there but when i click on it it says "Loading data, please wait..." and won't load. I'm using Chrome Version 61.0.3163.100 (64-bit).

DeletedUser9932

Also, just noticed that, like the original poster, the Tournament tab of the Rankings page is completely missing.

edeba

I tried using firefox and changing the browser did not fix my issue, which is both the missing tournament tab in the ranking box and the failure to load in the tournament tab on the fellowship box.

edeba

I am the same, I last noticed the tournament tab being there and working 1-2 hours before the end of the tournament. I was unable to check scores during the last 5 minutes of the tournament.

I have observed the same problem. The ranking window no longer has the torunament tab, instead it has a fellowship adventure tab. I've tried this with both MS internet explorer and firefox. I've exited the browsers, cleared cache and even rebooted the computer to no avail. The tournament tab was there an hour of so before the tournament ended today. Now it is gone. I checked with a couple of people in my FS and two out of three are having the same problem. One now has 4 tabs, the usual 3 plus the one for the Fellowship Adventure.

Also, myself and the two having the problem have another one, which may be related (or not). The tournament tab on the FS window does not load the list. It shows "Loading data. Please wait...". So I wait and wait. I came here to see if others have the same problem. I bet it'll be waiting when I get back.

At least I still have chat. (tempting fate with that comment.)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
If it's the same in Firefox and Explorer, then it could be a Flash issue. Chrome uses their own build of Flash built-in, so that might be worth checking.

DeletedUser4194

Thank you for reporting this issue and for all the information provided.
At this point we have confirmed that this is a bug and the Development Department is working on it.

DeletedUser3507

Also when new tourney started tab started to function again...

DeletedUser9932

And the problem persists. Same as last week. Tourny ends and immediately the Tournaments tab of the Rankings page completely disappears and the Tournaments tab of the FS page refuses to load.
Problem was resolved during the tourny but reasserted itself immediately when tourny ended.

DeletedUser6653

The most confusing thing here is why it only affects some players and not others?
The second most confusing thing is, why does it take weeks to fix this? It is CLEARLY a problem with their attempt at providing past FA results and using the same resource ID's to do that, this does not explain why some people in my FS can see the scores and others can't though.

protip: if you make a change and it breaks stuff, you undo the change and test further before re-implementing. ;)

DeletedUser6260

The second most confusing thing is, why does it take weeks to fix this?
It hasn't been weeks, yet. The code only deployed 11 days ago, and they haven't done any code updates since.
protip: if you make a change and it breaks stuff, you undo the change and test further before re-implementing.;)
Amateur tip. If the code you deployed is to begin an event (halloween) and you roll it back after the event started and people have spent a day or two processing event tasks and you have to wipe that progress out and cancel an event that artists and coders have spent possibly hundreds of man-hours preparing for, it's probably a slightly bigger deal than some people can't see the tournament results.;)

DeletedUser6653

It hasn't been weeks, yet. The code only deployed 11 days ago, and they haven't done any code updates since.
Actually, this code has been updated on beta, where they released the next fellowship adventure, and it is still broken there...

also, you don't need to "roll back" everything, just the part you broke, which again, is the fellowship adventure past history, which has replaced the tourney as history

Last edited by a moderator:

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Thought I will step in here and clean the thread up a bit. Remember rule Two and Five of the forum everyone. For a refresher, please look HERE.

~Xelenia

Let play nice, warnings will be given next time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.