• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournaments and Blueprints

Salator

I really like the tournaments being Fellowship based and would not change that. However, it does present a problem in achieving blueprints. I really think that blueprints should be awarded to individuals who make it (for instance) into the first 100 or so spots in the tourney results. It is a disservice to those of us who have invested diamonds into Magical buildings to have to rely on our FS to get through the 10th chest. The individual shooting to be in the top 100 in the tourney results is more than likely wanting / needing a blueprint to upgrade magical buildings....and if the FS is not of like mind, it really dooms that player to a fate of never being able to upgrade magical buildings. Okay, I know many of you will say..."find a new FS." Well, that is not a great solution as the FSs that require participation in tournaments are few and far between. That presents a logistical problem as there are perhaps many more of us individuals that need blueprints than there are FSs that require / mandate participation. And even with mandated participation in tourneys, most FSs are mandating that members of that FS are required to only complete one or two tourney provinces...that sucks. I really think that blueprints need to be awarded on an individual player basis rather than a FS basis. Reward the players that work their hineys off to make it into the top 100.

Just my thoughts.

AtaguS

I really think that blueprints should be awarded to individuals who make it (for instance) into the first 100 or so spots in the tourney results.

I'd say my FS is moderately active in tournaments. Then there is one member who consistently gets into the top 100 and while I don't have the time or resources to get there myself at the moment, I do like the idea of giving him a little something extra for his efforts.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
A hundred blueprints a week is a pretty big change from none or almost none. On the surface, it sounds excessive. I feel like the blueprints are intended to be pretty rare.I think it's incorrect to use the word "needing," since nobody needs blueprints, they are just an alternative to buying diamonds.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
BTW, what is a blueprint?
It's an in game entity/object which can currently only be obtained by being part of a fellowship that opens the 10th chest in a tournament. Their sole function currently is to upgrade magical buildings. The dev intend to assign them other functions in the future.

Salator

A hundred blueprints a week is a pretty big change from none or almost none. On the surface, it sounds excessive. I feel like the blueprints are intended to be pretty rare.I think it's incorrect to use the word "needing," since nobody needs blueprints, they are just an alternative to buying diamonds.
Just my point....there aren't a heck of a lot of FSs out there that can even get to and complete the 10th chest....For individuals like myself this is basically extortion forcing me into buying / spending diamonds better used elsewhere. I don't think 100 is excessive....or, even do 50. I have made it into the top 10 at least twice...so that would give me two diamonds I didn't have before!!! Big help to me. I think if they did 100 that they would see a lot more competition and tourney involvement.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Just my point....there aren't a heck of a lot of FSs out there that can even get to and complete the 10th chest....[cut]I don't think 100 is excessive....or, even do 50. I have made it into the top 10 at least twice...so that would give me two diamonds I didn't have before!!! Big help to me. I think if they did 100 that they would see a lot more competition and tourney involvement.
A blueprint is worth significantly more than one diamond. I think everyone would like to have blueprints, but introducing a loot-pinata is not a way to increase player engagement. Going from something that nobody had six months ago to at least 100 people get every week (100 plus any fellowships that open chest 10) is a pretty big addition to player rewards across the server.
For individuals like myself this is basically extortion forcing me into buying / spending diamonds better used elsewhere.
Nobody has to have blueprints, they are a prize. This argument is like saying that if the local grocery store gives away 10 bags of oranges every weekend, they are extorting everyone else by forcing them to buy oranges. Nobody has to have oranges, nobody has to have blueprints, nobody has to buy diamonds.

Salator

A blueprint is worth significantly more than one diamond. I think everyone would like to have blueprints, but introducing a loot-pinata is not a way to increase player engagement. Going from something that nobody had six months ago to at least 100 people get every week (100 plus any fellowships that open chest 10) is a pretty big addition to player rewards across the server.
Nobody has to have blueprints, they are a prize. This argument is like saying that if the local grocery store gives away 10 bags of oranges every weekend, they are extorting everyone else by forcing them to buy oranges. Nobody has to have oranges, nobody has to have blueprints, nobody has to buy diamonds.
Sorry...I meant to say that it would give me two blueprints that I did not have before!!! LOL! Typing too fast!

I think your comparison is totally wrong....my grocer doesn't sell me magic oranges to begin with....but, let's just say we are buying the plain old grocery store variety of oranges...no magic involved. I bring the oranges home and find that there is a lock on each orange...and to eat / juice / or otherwise use my oranges, I have to go back to the grocer and give him additional monies to open each of the orange locks.....that is extortion. I already paid a bundle of diamonds to buy the magical buildings....requiring me to achieve one or more blueprints to be able to upgrade those buildings is extortion because it requires me to spend more money to buy the diamonds to by-pass the blueprint requirement. That is extortion.

Being able to earn the blueprints would take it out of the extortion category. And, in truth, there should be more than one way to earn blueprints. Not only that....but, where is the glaring warning on the Build Menu for magic buildings that tells the player...."Warning....if you buy this building, you will never be able to upgrade it unless you spend more ....lots more...diamonds to upgrade it".....Hmmmm....where is that warning?????

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3297

And, in truth, there should be more than one way to earn blueprints. Not only that....but, where is the glaring warning on the Build Menu for magic buildings that tells the player...."Warning....if you buy this building, you will never be able to upgrade it unless you spend more ....lots more...diamonds to upgrade it".....Hmmmm....where is that warning?????

I agree with this. But it would seem like an easier solution to add it to a very high tournament province. Because it is basically a premium item that can be won, it should still be very hard to get. Getting into the top 100 is fairly easy however, completing 10 provinces to 6 stars would allow players an alternative way to get it without relying on fellowship participation. That is also no easy task and would ensure that the blueprint holds it's value :)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think your comparison is totally wrong....my grocer doesn't sell me magic oranges to begin with....but, let's just say we are buying the plain old grocery store variety of oranges...no magic involved. I bring the oranges home and find that there is a lock on each orange...and to eat / juice / or otherwise use my oranges, I have to go back to the grocer and give him additional monies to open each of the orange locks.....that is extortion. I already paid a bundle of diamonds to buy the magical buildings....requiring me to achieve one or more blueprints to be able to upgrade those buildings is extortion because it requires me to spend more money to buy the diamonds to by-pass the blueprint requirement. That is extortion.

Being able to earn the blueprints would take it out of the extortion category. And, in truth, there should be more than one way to earn blueprints. Not only that....but, where is the glaring warning on the Build Menu for magic buildings that tells the player...."Warning....if you buy this building, you will never be able to upgrade it unless you spend more ....lots more...diamonds to upgrade it".....Hmmmm....where is that warning?????
Upgrading is not a feature of either oranges or magic buildings. Perhaps there should be a warning, but the lack of the warning does not mean it is extortion to offer a way to upgrade them.

Lets try to make the analogy a little closer: The greenhouse sells us an orange tree that produces 100 oranges a year. Maybe they don't tell us it won't ever get any bigger unless we buy magic fertilizer "Orange+50", but they don't say it will. It's a dwarf orange tree, and the label on the tree says it produces 100 oranges per year. Nobody forces us to buy the fertilizer, we can kkeep getting 100 oranges per year for as long as we leave it in the garden. Now they come along and say "We're going to give away some of this new super-miracle fertilizer "Orange+50.1" that will let you make orange tree grow bigger without buying the regular stuff. They might or might not have been a little sleezy by not saying on the label that the orange tree won't get any bigger without buying their special fertilizer, but they certainly don't owe any "Orange+50.1" to anyone, and it isn't extortion to only offer a limited number of bottles a year. Any customer can get the increase by spending exactly the same amount on diamonds that they did before Orange+50.1 was invented. We have exactly the same options we did before Blueprints were invented, plus another one. That's not extortion.

(Edit: Note I'm not saying that there's nothing morally off with not telling us we can't upgrade magic buildings without spending more, I'm just saying that "extortion" is a specific term that requires coercion or threats, and shouldn't be tossed around carelessly.)

Last edited:

Salator

Well, that is a much better analogy...but it still is extortion. One of the meanings for the word extortion is, "oppressive or illegal exaction, as of excessive price or interest"...I definitely would call the need to buy diamonds to secure a blueprint in order to upgrade a building that you were not told in advance of purchasing that it would be next to impossible to get a blueprint via tourney rewards or that you would have to pay a large sum of diamonds oppressive. Your newest example / comparison is can now be classified as an analogy...but, it also shows extortion.

So...lets stop splitting hairs over the word extortion......the real issue is there needs to be a more achievable way or additional ways for individuals who cannot afford to buy diamonds to upgrade the magic buildings THEY WERE NOT TOLD would require blueprints, how blueprints are obtained, and what the chances are for actually achieving / securing a blueprint. That is the real issue...not whether it is extortion or not....by your own admission that "Perhaps there should be a warning..."

I agree with this. But it would seem like an easier solution to add it to a very high tournament province. Because it is basically a premium item that can be won, it should still be very hard to get. Getting into the top 100 is fairly easy however, completing 10 provinces to 6 stars would allow players an alternative way to get it without relying on fellowship participation. That is also no easy task and would ensure that the blueprint holds it's value :)
I like that idea, Kaylee. You always have great ideas! Yes...just make it achievable (...yes...with some pain involved...it shouldn't loose its "reward" status) but divorce it from the FS effort.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Well, that is a much better analogy...but it still is extortion. One of the meanings for the word extortion is, "oppressive or illegal exaction, as of excessive price or interest"...I definitely would call the need to buy diamonds to secure a blueprint in order to upgrade a building that you were not told in advance of purchasing that it would be next to impossible to get a blueprint via tourney rewards or that you would have to pay a large sum of diamonds. Your newest example / comparison is much more to the point...but, it also shows extortion.

So...lets stop splitting hairs over the word extortion......the real issue is there needs to be a more achievable way or additional ways for individuals who cannot afford to buy diamonds to upgrade the magic buildings THEY WERE NOT TOLD would require blueprints, how blueprints are obtained, and what the chances are for actually achieving / securing a blueprints. That is the real issue...not whether it is extortion or not....by your own admission that "Perhaps there should be a warning..."
We don't need blueprints at all. Nobody needs blueprints for anything. If we weren't told we'd require blueprints, it's because we don't require blueprints. If people think upgrading magic residences are too expensive, that's a a completely different conversation, but nobody ever has to upgrade a magical residence. It's a choice. I don't feel like it is splitting hairs to say you shouldn't go around saying someone is committing a crime when they are not. Nobody needs magic residences to have a healthy, happy life. There is no price for magic residences that represents extortion.

Please don't use the word "admission" about something I said about the game. It is not my game, I have no rights or responsibilities related to the game that are those of any other player. My saying that "perhaps there should be a warning" is an observation of an opinion, not an "admission" in any sense.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Then let's just agree to disagree.
That's what we're doing. You're making a case for why blueprints should be easier to get. I'm making a case for why they shouldn't be easier to get. Neither of our opinions is more correct than the other's. That's an honest disagreement of opinions. As long as neither of us makes claims that are factually incorrect, we should be able to have a productive discussion.

edeba

Before they changed the tournaments it was next to impossible to get blueprints but I do not think that is the case anymore.

Well, that is a much better analogy...but it still is extortion. One of the meanings for the word extortion is, "oppressive or illegal exaction, as of excessive price or interest"...I definitely would call the need to buy diamonds to secure a blueprint in order to upgrade a building that you were not told in advance of purchasing that it would be next to impossible to get a blueprint via tourney rewards or that you would have to pay a large sum of diamonds oppressive. Your newest example / comparison is can now be classified as an analogy...but, it also shows extortion.

DeletedUser2947

The formula for what an INDIVIDUAL needs to do to gain a blueprint can be worked out. I help my FS members in tournaments by discounting the needed good of the week. I don't fight because I don't like it. Soon, even my discounted trades won't help. IF I had more neighbors who played, I would definitely rather just go for a blueprint if I felt like it, and not force 24 other people to deplete resources. JMHO.

edeba

It is definitely set up to require team work.

The formula for what an INDIVIDUAL needs to do to gain a blueprint can be worked out. I help my FS members in tournaments by discounting the needed good of the week. I don't fight because I don't like it. Soon, even my discounted trades won't help. IF I had more neighbors who played, I would definitely rather just go for a blueprint if I felt like it, and not force 24 other people to deplete resources. JMHO.

DeletedUser4930

I bought magical buildings for my cities in two worlds without anyone's help. It was a surprise to find they required blueprints to upgrade which were unavailable at that time. Now I learn there's ways, but only if my FS is involved or if I want to spend lots in diamonds. I will be looking at the merits of the buildings and deciding whether or not to keep them.

Salator

I bought magical buildings for my cities in two worlds without anyone's help. It was a surprise to find they required blueprints to upgrade which were unavailable at that time. Now I learn there's ways, but only if my FS is involved or if I want to spend lots in diamonds. I will be looking at the merits of the buildings and deciding whether or not to keep them.
Yes...I did not know when I purchased my magical workshops and gazillion magical residences that I would not be able to upgrade them in a "normal' fashion...that it would cost blueprints or big diamond expenditures! What a SHOCK when I went to upgrade the first of those magical residences. I really believe that Inno has an obligation to tell the user up front...in big warning font, what the cost will be to upgrade these buildings BEFORE the user pushes the button to buy one of these buildings. You can be sure I am very sorry I bought all those magical buildings!!!!