• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournaments

DeletedUser1016

Someone suggested, in the "Tournament" thread, that it would be nice to see what neighbors were playing in the tournaments....

Would it be possible to show that on the world map, say, something that is similar to what everyone sees when they open a tournament. Just make the icon a different color, shape, etc. so that, as a player, one could be motivated to open many tournaments to reach a neighbors opened tournament...

I think messaging my neighbors, asking if they are playing, and where, is tedious...same for opening up the tournament menu and click the "lock" to see if anyone else is playing...come on, there's got to be a better way!

DeletedUser61

If you click on the rightmost tent, you'll get a list of everybody who is participating in the Tournaments that you have completed during the current week.

Running all of your Tournaments, during the first round, is therefore a pretty good idea, and in the subsequent rounds you can pick and choose the tournaments where other folks are contributing.

DeletedUser1016

...I know that Katwijk...lol. I was trying to "Suggest" an alternative to what is presently inadequate [my personal opinion]. I have over 20 scroll provinces, opening them all just to see if a neighbor is participating is unreasonable. Now I might open more then 10 or 12 if I knew number 13 or 14 had a neighbor participating...

Just so you know I do understand the tournaments, I ranked 10th [not bragging here..lol]

DeletedUser2522

If you click on the rightmost tent, you'll get a list of everybody who is participating in the Tournaments that you have completed during the current week.

Running all of your Tournaments, during the first round, is therefore a pretty good idea, and in the subsequent rounds you can pick and choose the tournaments where other folks are contributing.

This feature DOES NOT work, I have neighbors playing that don't appear on the list and our points are not combined.

DeletedUser61

It works just fine for me. I did six encounters in most of my worlds, and on average a third of them had other participants.

I didn't do any sort of comprehensive survey, so perhaps there were more participants. If you have some reliable neighbors, it would be pretty easy to set up a test, and post a bug report if the list has some holes in it.

DeletedUser2522

My neighbor is also a fellow, does that void the points as I wouldn't think it would.

DeletedUser61

The tournaments make no account of Fellowships. That shouldn't effect your numbers BUT Fellows usually communicate more effectively and, while we have not yet discovered how to reproduce the problem, there have been report of folks who were missing in action.

The symptom to watch for is that there are more points on the tournament page than can be accounted for by adding up the listed participants.