• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tourney Costs

BippieBop

I'm trying to figure out which bear I want.

I almost always bribe my way through the encounters rather than fighting.
Currently, I usually do 5 rounds and 8 provinces. I don't to that 6th round because I can't fit it and real-life in together.
If I bought the polar bear I could.

That means I could get about the same score with 2 provinces less - ie instead of 8 provinces and 5 rounds I could do 6 and 6.

What I can't figure out is what that would do to the bribe costs and rewards.

Does anyone know how to calculate those?

DeletedUser19458

Not an answer, but this tells you the rewards you'd get by changing your strategy :
https://elvengems.com/tournament/tournament-calculator/

The 6th round is more expensive; somebody else here will know better than me cost-benefit ratio. (more provinces vs more stars)

I know for me I'm getting the brown bear maxed and I will place the polar bear and if I get any extra evolutions will use on him. The polar bear, completely unevolved, can still reduce tournament cooldown by 1.5hrs. For me, that is enough that I can complete 2 rounds in a single day - something you only need to do once throughout the week if you play daily. Right now I have to lose sleep at the start or end of a day to accomplish this ... so just 1.5hrs is huge for me and anything more is a bonus.

If you like using goods, maybe think similar but with Panda/Polar bear combo.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
costs change the more provinces you have

i can tell you this
in my opinion, bribing is great early on when it is relatively cheap
especially if you are in a good fs that will feed the ''younger'' guys zero star trades
but as you progress in chapters it gets easier to fight more than bribe

also
hurtball is right about your strategy
you can actually do better by doing more provinces and fewer rounds
note that every prov from 10 on gives 5kp in the second round
consider stretching to 12 or 15 provs ( depending on how far you've gotten) for two rounds
and then use that chart hurt linked to selectively play the rounds in the lower provs
some provs maybe you want to stop at two rounds
others might be three to five
with a little work you can come up with a system that maximizes the rewards you want ( mostly kp and points) for the lowest cost in resources
i've done charts in the past that maximized kp for 500 / 1000 / 1500 and 2000 point level.
but i don't know what i did with them myself
i posted them for my fs but i never really used them.
i just play as the mood strikes me
kind of, do as i say not ...

Black watch

costs change the more provinces you have

i can tell you this
in my opinion, bribing is great early on when it is relatively cheap
especially if you are in a good fs that will feed the ''younger'' guys zero star trades
but as you progress in chapters it gets easier to fight more than bribe

also
hurtball is right about your strategy
you can actually do better by doing more provinces and fewer rounds
note that every prov from 10 on gives 5kp in the second round
consider stretching to 12 or 15 provs ( depending on how far you've gotten) for two rounds
and then use that chart hurt linked to selectively play the rounds in the lower provs
some provs maybe you want to stop at two rounds
others might be three to five
with a little work you can come up with a system that maximizes the rewards you want ( mostly kp and points) for the lowest cost in resources
i've done charts in the past that maximized kp for 500 / 1000 / 1500 and 2000 point level.
but i don't know what i did with them myself
i posted them for my fs but i never really used them.
i just play as the mood strikes me
kind of, do as i say not ...

Awesome advice and one I've advocated for Shaman's. The only addition I can think of is the spells. I remember being happy to do not just the KP spots on the first page, but also the one's with spells. As a young city, I needed those spells a lot.

kctanzen

After fairies, and especially S & D .. the required squad size upgrades really start to impact tourney costs (troop losses and catering).
It is *extremely* difficult to rely solely on catering for consistent tourney play week to week at this point.

Learning a bit more about simple battle strategies, adding a couple of military wonders (monastery / sanctuary and needles as a start), and then mixing a combination of auto battling and catering will almost certainly increase your goodies haul with much lower overall costs over time.

Added benefit -- in halflings+, every wonder level helps increase your bonus collection of seeds from the trader, which is available every 3 hours.

Black watch

After fairies, and especially S & D .. the required squad size upgrades really start to impact tourney costs (troop losses and catering).
It is *extremely* difficult to rely solely on catering for consistent tourney play week to week at this point.

Learning a bit more about simple battle strategies, adding a couple of military wonders (monastery / sanctuary and needles as a start), and then mixing a combination of auto battling and catering will almost certainly increase your goodies haul with much lower overall costs over time.

Added benefit -- in halflings+, every wonder level helps increase your bonus collection of seeds from the trader, which is available every 3 hours.

Excellent info Kctanzen.
I'm up against my mandatory squad size increases in S&D right now. My AW levels are at 98 now, soon to be 99. By the time I hit Halflings, I should be in good shape.
I've been hording buildings that will produce seeds, but if I do well enough with the AW levels, perhaps I won't need as many.

BippieBop

Thank you all - lots of meat to ponder.
At least part of my preference for catering is time - the fights seem to take too long. Likely means I don't autofight enough ...