• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tourney difficulty levels

Laochra

Are the tourneys supposed to be impossible to win at the beginning of chapter 2?
I started a human city while my elf cities are all tech blocked in the Dwarves chapter & I don't remember the tourneys being this difficult.
This will be day 4 of the tourney for me here & I have two elixir provinces that I can participate in.
One of the battles it has available, my army has a squad size of 6, while the enemy is level 29.:eek:o_O:oops:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Your squad size comparison does not seem accurate, are you using the number of units in a squad or the squad size? Squad size appears in red and green squares, in the row between your units and theirs. While the number of units is seen under the picture of the units, comparing this number doesn't help as the units weight impacts the number of troops available. Squad sizes of 2:1 enemies against you are meant to be impossible and your numbers show this to be almost 5:1 which tournaments are not meant to get that difficult. If those numbers are accurate you need to submit a ticket to report a bug.

Combat_Difficulty.jpg

As to difficulty it is just as easy in the right province, however in chapter 2 you are lacking several unit types. One of the missing ones is the key unit type for this tournament, Heavy range. If you have not unlocked heavy melee yet then this will be even harder for you. The next tournament should be easier at that chapter as it is a light melee key unit province, specifically cerberus which you get early on.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
A single squad, which explains the high squad size. The comparison only works when comparing 5v5 squad sizes as your squad size is always based on 5. Someone had a formula to convert the number to an equivalent of 5 but I forget what it is.

If there was 5 enemies in that fight the squad size number would be much smaller. as it would show you the squad size for a stack even though a similar number of units would be present in the fight just spread out between more stacks. It doesn't work out perfectly like that but the pattern is similar.