• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tower of light

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Do you need these if you have a ton of PP you can use

You have to build 144 of them to complete the chapter. Each level of the portal needs 24 dark matter. You get dark matter from selling the tower of darkness. You make a tower of darkness by leveling up a tower of light. But the tower of light needs a light matter to upgrade it, and you get that by selling a tower of light. So you have to build and sell 72 towers of light to upgrade the other 72 towers of light into towers of darkness, so you can sell them to level up the portal.

Yogi Dave

Do you need these if you have a ton of PP you can use
If you mean the towers, yes, but only for a while as @Enevhar Aldarion said. You will need the black and white magic always. Those are the only capped goods, so are the only ones PPs help with.
The breeders, you will need them and more than you have room in your city. The goods they produce are not capped, nor are the ones produced in the level 3 and 4 fortress. So PPs do not help at all with them.

As an aside, if you do the story quest line, there are a couple of quest involving the towers.

Matrickz

Very confusing at least to me. So you make a light tower. Level it to dark. Not sure where that blue circle thing is made. Assume breeder. Sell it and rinse repeat 72x?

Yogi Dave

Very confusing at least to me. So you make a light tower. Level it to dark. Not sure where that blue circle thing is made. Assume breeder. Sell it and rinse repeat 72x?

The object is to produce 72 black matter. To make 1 black matter requires 2 light towers and 1 dark one.

This is an example of how to get 1 black matter.
1) Start the build of a light tower
2) Sell it immediately to get 1 white matter. You don't need to let the build complete, but you can.
3) Start a 2nd light tower, let the build complete.
4) Upgrade it to a dark tower. One of the goods required is that white matter from the sold light tower.
5) Sell it immediately and you get 1 black matter.

If you don't sell the light tower, it starts producing white magic, the light-colored bottle. It does this like a house producing coins. No input is required. Similarly, dark towers produce black magic, the blue bottle. The white and black magic are the capped goods, which can be gotten via PPs., if you have enough (no, I can't define 'enough'). Thus, you don't need to produce the magic, so don't need to keep the towers around. However, as I mentioned above, they are needed for a couple of storyline quest.

When I started the chapter I build a good number of white towers, selling half and letting the other half be upgraded to dark ones, replacing them as soon as I could to get that needed black matter. You need 24 black matter to build the portal and 24 for more for the 1st two upgrades. Hence, 72 total. That is the only purpose for the black matter.

Yogi Dave

If you don't do the story quest line, you are done with the towers then. If you play the quest line you will need a few later. That actually isn't a problem since you don't need the last 24 until the last fortress upgrade tech is completed and it's the next to last one in the chapter.