• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Track/path crossing?

What do people think of being able to build paths that can cross portal tracks?

• Good idea.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Bad idea.

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

DeletedUser4323

Am I the only one who would like a one-square "portal crossing" that allows each of the various footpaths to cross the portal tracks. Think "railroad crossing".

1. Would ease construction/wasted space hassles when one has non-settlement buildings on more than one side of the settlement.
2. Would allow pedestrians to visit the settlement. (After all, the city paths have dwarves walking on them, why not allow other city residents to enter dwarfland?
3. Whoever heard of having to walk around the entire length of a cart track going to or from a mine entrance?

DeletedUser2870

I'll abstain from this vote.
I am able to organise my city in a way that it's not a problem, but I can see that it would be usefull for others.

DeletedUser3297

I'll agree that with a good city layout, this feature would not be useful, but it would be fun to implement. I do think that all walkways, pathways, railways should have intersections you can cross. They could be a different style path for each different era and since you only need or want one, that 1x1 square can be almost too expensive to bother with. This will allow players to structure their cities in a way that the 1x1 path is useless, but it would allow players who wished to have this feature access to it. But I would suspect that each 1x1 crossing path should be at least 500% the cost of placing the guest race pathway.

DeletedUser2963

I am able to organize my city in a way that it's not a problem, but I can see that it would be useful for others.
lol, At this time we are ALL able to organize our cities in such a way that this is not a problem. We have no other option., but if we did we could organize differently:p