• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Trade Codes

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
In our fellowship, ACTIVE Traders we use codes to tell each other (and anybody with whom we trade) something about what the trade we post is about. I know many of you have similar arrangements, but sometimes those codes are different for other fellowships and sometimes inadvertently ignored. So I thought it would be a good thing to start a discussion of trade codes in general, and ours in particular, so that we might get to a world wide recognized set.

Here are ours:

Trades ending in:

0 The trader does not use codes and is willing to take whatever happens.
1 The trader is telling us that this is needed ASAP, really, really ASAP
2 The trader is telling us that his is needed merely ASAP
3 The trader is telling us this is just something being done to balance stock
4 The trader is telling us this is a trade meant for a particular person so if you are not that person, please leave it up.
5 The trader is telling us that this trade is for a quest and thus anyone seeking to fulfill the "gain this much" of something is free to take what they need, but please leave the rest for others.

Those are our 5. Feel free to use them, or suggest another set/arrangement.

AJ (Acting AM of ACTIVE TRADERS)

DeletedUser7129

would be nice to know if someone post to help their own fellows or wants to offer to everyone.

ajqtrz

Good point. Especially in the "5" category. So maybe "5" would be "my fellowship special Quest Trade" and "6" would be "Anybody Quest Trade"?

DeletedUser2768

As good of an idea as this might be, I am one player that would never remember the codes.

ajqtrz

Might be true. But if everybody used them you would get used to seeing them and that would make it much easier to remember. We often remember what we remember because we see it often enough. Most people who go to church never sit down and memorize that Apostle's Creed or the Lord's Prayer, but most, after a while, can recite them. It's a matter of familiarity and wide spread use.

AJ

DeletedUser13016

I think it would just be better if trades were world wide and not just as far as you or the other player has scouted. This would make it much easier for smaller and larger players to trade. I can understand why they don't for schematics of reliability and gaming smoothness.. but perhaps 3x the distance scouted or 4x would-be of greater help. Of course then they wouldn't make as much money selling diamonds to those impatient players.

ajqtrz

I agree with that Rozakis. Or how about we could have 5 friends outside of both our fs and our discovered area. Would be nice to be able to trade with people we know but who are not in our area or fs.

AJ