• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Trade items, storage, and usages

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
Trade items.... adding spells and instants to the trading platform would be great. Trading should include the ability to trade coins and supplies for items or even KP's. Would be a great expansion of trade even if it was confined to fellowship trading.

Storage... Give more storage for the rune shard pieces. You have increased them to be rewards for the tourney and they are given out by event buildings.

Usage... Give me more ways to use the rune shards in crafting. I am not getting the recipes for rune shards with any sort of regularity. The recipe and chest randomness doesn't seem random at all when if you need a spell, a relic, or whatever, it never shows up, at least not for me. Makes me a little paranoid about this game actively playing against me.

I know that I've made similar suggestions before and there has been zero acknowledgement. I know that you don't want to see the same ideas and suggestions more than once, but I will continue to make the suggestions regardless.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
there has been zero acknowledgement
What acknowledgement were you hoping for? This is a player forum. The developers don't participate and may not even see anything here unless it gets enough attention from players and forum modes to get forwarded to them. If you keep asking for things that we've been told we're not getting, the developers are never going to see it and won't be acknowledging it.
I know that you don't want to see the same ideas and suggestions more than once, but I will continue to make the suggestions regardless.
So the rules don't apply to you, and it's okay if the rest of us get to waste our time seeing you ask for the same thing over and over in defiance of the rules?

Even if that weren't the specific case here, lumping several unrelated ideas together pretty-much guarantees it's going to get ignored on any suggestion forum.

Palavyn

Being able to trade items, gold, and supplies would clutter up the trader and add more exploits for people to abuse.

More storage for rune shard pieces would be nice, as well as more recipes that use rune shards. However, I doubt they would consider implementing either. They are interested in people spending diamonds for stuff, and these changes would hamper that. Everyone has trouble getting what they want to craft in the Magic Academy. For example, you're very lucky if you get one Unleashed Unit Upgrade once a week.

Titandwarf

Usage... Give me more ways to use the rune shards in crafting. I am not getting the recipes for rune shards with any sort of regularity. The recipe and chest randomness doesn't seem random at all when if you need a spell, a relic, or whatever, it never shows up, at least not for me. Makes me a little paranoid about this game actively playing against me.

Regards to rune shards it would be nice if a message appeared on the screen, "You now have 11 rune shards, to progress forward you MUST forge a rune."

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
What acknowledgement were you hoping for? This is a player forum. The developers don't participate and may not even see anything here unless it gets enough attention from players and forum modes to get forwarded to them. If you keep asking for things that we've been told we're not getting, the developers are never going to see it and won't be acknowledging it.
So the rules don't apply to you, and it's okay if the rest of us get to waste our time seeing you ask for the same thing over and over in defiance of the rules?

Even if that weren't the specific case here, lumping several unrelated ideas together pretty-much guarantees it's going to get ignored on any suggestion forum.

I read what you write on a regular basis. You aren't a very nice person. You ignore the rule about politeness on a regular basis, so I guess that rule doesn't apply to you.

There is no point to a forum that asks for suggestions if the people that can implement the suggestions don't acknowledge it at all. So the whole forum is a lie.

Have a glorious self-righteous day Ashrem.

AtaguS

My two cents:

Trade items.... adding spells and instants to the trading platform would be great.
I sometimes wish this were possible but at the end of the day I understand why it isn't. Being a part of a fellowship is a great way to help others grow and to grow yourself. But I still would want a bulk of the burden on my city and how I develop it and how I choose to play. If trading were expanded too much, I fear a lot of the strategizing and therefore overall fun of the game would not be as accessible to new players.

Storage... Give more storage for the rune shard pieces. You have increased them to be rewards for the tourney and they are given out by event buildings.
Yes, at times I find myself with 10 shards but no open wheel for which to craft a rune shard . Since I've been playing the Spire and earning SFs and CCs, I've been crafting a lot more and this has not been as large an issue. Perhaps the devs want to keep it that way as an incentive to play in the spire...or perhaps this is just my own good fortune and additional ways to use rune shards would be nice.
And so...
Usage... Give me more ways to use the rune shards in crafting.
They recently took away the ability to win rune shards for AWs you haven't unlocked yet. Perhaps give us a chance to spend 10 shards and a bunch of SFs or CCs into 1 rune shard toward an unlocked AW...The con for this would be less incentive to contribute to someone else's AW as that is now the only way to receive unlocked rune shards. There is always a give and take and that seems to be a key part of the strategy for the developers and this may be why they have said no in the past.

I know that you don't want to see the same ideas and suggestions more than once, but I will continue to make the suggestions regardless.
I see the merit in asking for some things more than once around here. Sometimes it takes more than one try to get enough momentum to get an idea through. Some ideas (rotating buildings, universal artifacts) have been catagorically and repeatedly shut down, so it's annoying to hear them raised over and over again when obviously no prior reserach was done to discover they're a definite no-go. I am not personally aware that this is the case with these ideas. But I do know they've been asking for a more fully developed presentation style for ideas and suggestions...with pros and cons thought out and spelled out. It can be time consuming but then again it helps us all focus in on what is really important to us and to the game as well. Another path could be to start off in the General Discussion forum and let players help you flesh out the best way to get these ideas into a presentation style.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I read what you write on a regular basis. You aren't a very nice person. You ignore the rule about politeness on a regular basis, so I guess that rule doesn't apply to you.

There is no point to a forum that asks for suggestions if the people that can implement the suggestions don't acknowledge it at all. So the whole forum is a lie.

Have a glorious self-righteous day Ashrem.
Considering our past interactions, I'd expect nothing less than an attempt to attack my character instead of acknowledging that you have a history of reacting badly to people who's replies aren't supportive of your posts. I guess I'll take consolation that you've at least stopped accusing me of being a lying developer, so that's a step forward.

I promise not to be offended if you block me.

edit: I think you've confused politeness with liking you, or agreement, or something else. I think I'm pretty polite, even when I'm insulting people. It's the Canadian in me.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
Considering our past interactions, I'd expect nothing less than an attempt to attack my character instead of acknowledging that you have a history of reacting badly to people who's replies aren't supportive of your posts. I guess I'll take consolation that you've at least stopped accusing me of being a lying developer, so that's a step forward.

I promise not to be offended if you block me.

edit: I think you've confused politeness with liking you, or agreement, or something else. I think I'm pretty polite, even when I'm insulting people. It's the Canadian in me.

Ashrem,

I am not attacking your character, because I don't know you. I don't care enough about your opinions to bother to block you. You are condescending and rude to many people. I've read your responses to people in other forums. I don't care if you agree with me or not. You are not polite when you are insulting people. You have no deftness of language that would allow that. If you wish to comport yourself in that way, that's fine. Obviously the people who run this are okay with the fact that you do insult and belittle others. So, I guess it's good for you. I haven't interacted with you in over a year, conservatively. I read the forums and haven't really participated until quite recently. So I guess I should be flattered that you remember me.

Have a glorious self-righteous day.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
My two cents:

I sometimes wish this were possible but at the end of the day I understand why it isn't. Being a part of a fellowship is a great way to help others grow and to grow yourself. But I still would want a bulk of the burden on my city and how I develop it and how I choose to play. If trading were expanded too much, I fear a lot of the strategizing and therefore overall fun of the game would not be as accessible to new players.

Yes, at times I find myself with 10 shards but no open wheel for which to craft a rune shard . Since I've been playing the Spire and earning SFs and CCs, I've been crafting a lot more and this has not been as large an issue. Perhaps the devs want to keep it that way as an incentive to play in the spire...or perhaps this is just my own good fortune and additional ways to use rune shards would be nice.
And so...

They recently took away the ability to win rune shards for AWs you haven't unlocked yet. Perhaps give us a chance to spend 10 shards and a bunch of SFs or CCs into 1 rune shard toward an unlocked AW...The con for this would be less incentive to contribute to someone else's AW as that is now the only way to receive unlocked rune shards. There is always a give and take and that seems to be a key part of the strategy for the developers and this may be why they have said no in the past.

I see the merit in asking for some things more than once around here. Sometimes it takes more than one try to get enough momentum to get an idea through. Some ideas (rotating buildings, universal artifacts) have been catagorically and repeatedly shut down, so it's annoying to hear them raised over and over again when obviously no prior reserach was done to discover they're a definite no-go. I am not personally aware that this is the case with these ideas. But I do know they've been asking for a more fully developed presentation style for ideas and suggestions...with pros and cons thought out and spelled out. It can be time consuming but then again it helps us all focus in on what is really important to us and to the game as well. Another path could be to start off in the General Discussion forum and let players help you flesh out the best way to get these ideas into a presentation style.

Well, this forum means nothing because it has no readership of the people who matter, so therefore, the logical deduction is that the people who run this game only listen to certain individuals and have little to no care about what gets suggested, So, this will be my last post. If things start to get too annoying there are other games. ya know?

AtaguS

Well, this forum means nothing because it has no readership of the people who matter, so therefore, the logical deduction is that the people who run this game only listen to certain individuals and have little to no care about what gets suggested, So, this will be my last post. If things start to get too annoying there are other games. ya know?
Would be a shame to see a player leave. I do hope my response didn't come off sounding dismissive of your suggestion. I was looking into the pros and cons of the idea and suggested a fuller format only because Xelenia recently did a lot of work with this sub-forum and I believe the intention was to help our ideas and suggestions get through and get read in the hopes of getting them implemented. I for one hope you don't get discouraged and stop...playing or asking for the changes you'd like to see.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
Would be a shame to see a player leave. I do hope my response didn't come off sounding dismissive of your suggestion. I was looking into the pros and cons of the idea and suggested a fuller format only because Xelenia recently did a lot of work with this sub-forum and I believe the intention was to help our ideas and suggestions get through and get read in the hopes of getting them implemented. I for one hope you don't get discouraged and stop...playing or asking for the changes you'd like to see.

Absolutely not! I appreciated your comments. I am an active player for a long time, not as long as some, but longer than others. I am not overly obsessed with progression through the chapters, but I like to USE what I have in a way that provides some benefit to myself and others, especially within my fellowships. I would like to see some expansions in trading, but maybe just fellowship based and the rune shardy pieces really annoy me since one of the releases promised more storage, although that never materialized. Let me make AW KP's with them or donate the shards to another member. I use them as soon as they come up in crafting, but since I play the game differently than I guess I'm supposed to, I always have a full coffer.
As for wasting my time suggesting things, I won't. As Ashrem pointed out, this isn't important to Inno. I realize that Xelenia has worked hard at establishing this, but it seems like spitting in the wind if the people who make the decisions aren't interested.

Have a lovely day.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I am not attacking your character, because I don't know you.
You aren't a very nice person.
Oops.

I should be flattered that you remember me.
Well speaking of rudeness, I didn't actually remember you at all, I just searched for your user name in my email to see if I could figure out why you were attacking me personally for disagreeing, and it only took a moment to find where you misreprented my position to the opposite of what it actually was, accused me of being a liar, and suggested both @qaccy and I were being paid off by the developers becuase we disagreed with how you were mischaracterizing the changes to the game.

shimmerfly

@SoulsSilhouette

As for your suggestion I don't think anything making the game easier would interest me. Trading for coins and/or supplies would make some people take advantage and, as stated before, cause a drop in diamond sales for Inno.
It may help you to check your rune chards every day as a part of a ritual to your game play, like you check the trader every day. I've never had a problem with this.
The repeated suggestions aren't a problem but there is a newer format to use and maybe your not aware of it...
This may help you work out any ideas you have in the future:

We should all be more careful when it comes to being rude to others. (myself includued) We are all rude at times, but could possibly be having a really crummy day! So accusing someone on a public forum may not be helpful either.

edited for my goofy spellling...twice...okay 3 times now

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
@SoulsSilhouette

As for your suggestion I don't think anything making the game easier would interest me. Trading for coins and/or supplies would make some people take advantage and, as stated before, cause a drop in diamond sales for Inno.
It may help you to check your rune chards every day as a part of a ritual to your game play, like you check the trader every day. I've never had a problem with this.
The repeated suggestions aren't a problem but there is a newer format to use and maybe your not aware of it...
This may help you work out any ideas you have in the future:

We should all be more careful when it comes to being rude to others. (myself includued) We are all rude at times, but could possibly be having a really crummy day! So accusing someone on a public forum may not be helpful either.

edited for my goofy spellling...twice...okay 3 times now

I do check the rune shards, but since so many of the event builds give them and they are more frequent in the tourney than spells, I'm full in no time at all. I rarely get a craft item that needs the shards on my big world in Khel, so I am usually full. If there were a way to use them on a regular basis, I'd be okay with that. As for this forum, I won't be putting out anymore suggestions since this isn't really a viable option to put forth an idea.

As for your spelling rechecks... LOL, you still have two spelling errors! I am a good typist and speller most of the time, so I rarely check, although I should because of the word subs on my phone and tablet....lololol

shimmerfly

Okay I see the "included" one but no others. I'm dyslexic so I try to be very careful unless your talking about the first "suggestion' should be plural.
I don't use spell checks because if they screw up and replace a word I rarely see it.
There have been quite a few new ideas carried to the Devs when there is a minimum of 20 +'s and some implemented, but it does take a great deal of effort on the OP's part.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
To be the tiniest bit pedantic, There is a post dedicated to how to have a chance with an idea. It includes several things, like (among others):
  • Before posting your idea, please think about the following questions: Is it realistic? Does it bring added value?
  • Be flexible about your idea and open to criticism.
  • When discussing, only focus on the current suggestion made by the Orginal Poster. If you have a separate idea or suggestion, open a separate discussion for that particular concept.
That aside, some things that are not ideas:
  • Complaining that a previous idea hasn't been implemented.
  • Complaining that the devs said they are looking at doing something and didn't.
if a person has only ever posted two suggestions, one of which wasn't actually a suggestion but a complaint that something the developers said they planned to do hasn't been done yet, and the other of which repeats multiple previous suggestions from other people without actually adding anything (and neither of them come even close to the requested format for suggestions), they don't really have much leg to stand on for a claim that they "won't be putting out any more suggestions since this isn't really a viable option to put forth an idea ."

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
Okay I see the "included" one but no others. I'm dyslexic so I try to be very careful unless your talking about the first "suggestion' should be plural.
I don't use spell checks because if they screw up and replace a word I rarely see it.
There have been quite a few new ideas carried to the Devs when there is a minimum of 20 +'s and some implemented, but it does take a great deal of effort on the OP's part.

With dyslexia, it's amazing how well you do. I have a friend that is dyslexic and the texts I get sometimes takes me an hour to decipher. Go you!