• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Trade Neighbourhood ,who will be my neighbourhood?

Kekune

plus anyone in a couple few rings outside your discovered provinces

I'm actually curious about the specifics of this.

I've had some players who are waaaay outside my discovered range visible in my trader. (Think 15 rings out, trades visible when I was maybe in ch 4? I don't recall the exact timing.)

I've had other players in the next ring out from where I've explored who I thought were inactive until I went one province further, discovered them, and was inundated with t3 for t1 trades. Elvenstats says they've been steadily active, so unless a major change in their trading activity just happened to coincide with me discovering them, they simply weren't visible in my trader.

Does anybody know what else might factor in to determining who's visible? It hasn't seemed to be simple proximity, either to my city or to my explored provinces.

Kekune

That could simply be the coincidence of someone returning to the game after a break.

I don't think it was. Elvenstats says she's been continuously active. It could have been an abrupt change in trading habits, but it seems unlikely.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I don't think it was. Elvenstats says she's been continuously active. It could have been an abrupt change in trading habits, but it seems unlikely.
More likely then that your schedules were different, and you just were not seeing their trades

Kekune

More likely then that your schedules were different, and you just were not seeing their trades

Eh, now that I've discovered her she keeps up a steady stream of trades. She always occupies about 4 pages of my trader. I never saw a whiff of trading until the day I discovered her. She's closer to me than others who have been visible (with a fee) for months.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Eh, now that I've discovered her she keeps up a steady stream of trades. She always occupies about 4 pages of my trader. I never saw a whiff of trading until the day I discovered her. She's closer to me than others who have been visible (with a fee) for months.

If it was once as simple as the nearest 200 neighbors, it is probably more complex than that now. I have discovered 250+ neighbors and I still see the rare trade from players I have not discovered yet.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Okay fine, the easiest answer is that the game was hiding someone from you until you discovered them, rather than they retired or changed jobs or just play differently. I get it.

Kekune

Okay fine, the easiest answer is that the game was hiding someone from you until you discovered them, rather than they retired or changed jobs or just play differently. I get it.

Well, sure - any of those things could be the answer. Coincidences do happen; it just seems unlikely that someone's major life or gameplay change would just happen to sync up with me discovering them, so I hesitate to start with the unlikely explanation. This isn't the first time I've been surprised by who is in my trader and who is not, so it seemed quite plausible that the game might be programmed based on something more complex than just "the closest people". If nobody's aware of an alternative explanation, then I'll just keep wondering. :)

Crowella

I don't know, but it seems at least possible that it is also based on either 1) active players nearest you with certain combinations of boosts or 2) active players near you with certain production capacities. That is, if they were trying to balance goods theoretically available, that is how they might go about it, developing an algorithm that preferred the closest active players with a variety of potential goods. Of course that would do you no good if those players are not actively trading. So you might "see" trades from player Y who is further from you than player X because they have the "right" configuration of boosts.

I don't know if that is actually the way they do it, but it could fit some of the described behavior.

Last edited:

NightshadeCS

Is it possible that with the trader fee, this person's trades were all the way at the end of your trader list, and you may not have been checking the 1-star trades on page 23 (or whatever)? Now that you have discovered them, they may have moved up onto the first couple of pages and are more noticeable?

Arayla

I had the same experience recently where a continuously-active player's trades didn't show in my trader until I discovered them, even though trades from an undiscovered player slightly farther away show up. I'm near the outside of the map in that world. The player with trades that I couldn't see is situated towards the middle of the map and would have plenty of trading cities. The undiscovered player whose trades I see from farther away is right on the outside of the map with fewer cities surrounding them.

Kekune

Is it possible that with the trader fee, this person's trades were all the way at the end of your trader list, and you may not have been checking the 1-star trades on page 23 (or whatever)? Now that you have discovered them, they may have moved up onto the first couple of pages and are more noticeable?

No, I regularly go to the end of my trader, just to have a sense of who is around.

I had the same experience recently where a continuously-active player's trades didn't show in my trader until I discovered them, even though trades from an undiscovered player slightly farther away show up. I'm near the outside of the map in that world. The player with trades that I couldn't see is situated towards the middle of the map and would have plenty of trading cities. The undiscovered player whose trades I see from farther away is right on the outside of the map with fewer cities surrounding them.

Interesting. I hadn't considered that someone might be in my trader based on a parameter or relationship from their perspective (like being one of THEIR closest 200 neighbors). I'll pay attention to that next time someone new pops up in my trader.

Deleted User - 1599294

Well, sure - any of those things could be the answer. Coincidences do happen; it just seems unlikely that someone's major life or gameplay change would just happen to sync up with me discovering them, so I hesitate to start with the unlikely explanation. This isn't the first time I've been surprised by who is in my trader and who is not, so it seemed quite plausible that the game might be programmed based on something more complex than just "the closest people". If nobody's aware of an alternative explanation, then I'll just keep wondering. :)
It is possible this player was in an inactive area of the map and was moved by Inno to your area recently.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

To add to this and other comments, I just finished scouting a province and discovered a player in the 15th or 16th ring, I forget exactly, but well outside the closest 200 neighbors. Anyway, I have never ever seen a trade posted by this player and tonight there are trades showing up from them. Since there is no way all the players we are finding are just happening to become active right when we discover them, so something else is a play here. I just have no clue what it could be. lol

Kekune

well outside the closest 200 neighbors

This would make sense, then, with what someone said earlier - wouldn't it? If they're outside your closest 200 neighbors, they shouldn't be visible until you discover them.

I do still think that I'm seeing (and it sounds like others have seen) an exception to this, so I'm still curious about the game mechanics that control the trader, but it also sounds like nobody knows for sure how it works.