• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Trade or buy Dwarven / Fairy / Orc goods

Do you think trading for Dwarven, Fairy and Orc Goods will help your game?

• Yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser482

Dear Elvenar Team,

It would help players a lot, especially if they are only half way through Dwarves or Fairies in the Knowledge Tree, if we could trade for or buy granite, copper etc.

You would not need to create an extra Trader (Dwarven Trader, Fairy Trader) for trading for those things. There is no reason why they could not be traded for or bought at the Wholesaler in the existing Trader.

This would avoid people leaving the game because of having to keep purchasing diamonds to complete quests where huge amounts of settlement goods are required. It wouldn't be so bad if diamonds went further, but you need large amounts of diamonds for many things in the game - and those cost real money.

So I hope you will consider this idea. It will also avoid players getting stuck, earning knowledge points that can't be spent on anything.

Kind regards, Aarquintha

DeletedUser61

There is no reason why they could not be traded for or bought at the Wholesaler in the existing Trader.
The goods associated with each Guest race are not "goods" in the traditional sense. They're actually more like the Knowledge Points that are required for Research.

If trading were permitted, and especially so if one could trade across Guest Races, the result would trivialize the game because the folks who were ALREADY at the end of a chapter would bootstrap, dare we say "push", the players who are not as far along.

DeletedUser3610

They're actually more like the Knowledge Points
They are not, but even if they were you can buy Knowledge Points ...

As for the rest of your post, Katwijk, no one argued for trading guest race goods among the players so you are fighting a strawman of your own creation. Arquintha was specifically and expressly talking about the Wholesaler ...

DeletedUser2191

The goods associated with each Guest race are not "goods" in the traditional sense. They're actually more like the Knowledge Points that are required for Research.

If trading were permitted, and especially so if one could trade across Guest Races, the result would trivialize the game because the folks who were ALREADY at the end of a chapter would bootstrap, dare we say "push", the players who are not as far along.

Goods are goods, knowledge points are knowledge points, they are not 1 in the same as you are describing. Chapters 1 through 5, required both goods and knowledge points to complete the research tree.

Since goods are goods, regardless of where they are produced in the game, then if as you say the trading of guest race goods would be deemed pushing, which is bannable, then this game has just been officially shut down as there wouldn't be a single player left since everyone is trading T1, T2 and T3 goods daily.

DeletedUser2396

In the Military they have a saying - "Hurry up and wait" it is the same as in this game ....

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
IMO the "special" goods needed in the extra races is the only thing that sets each chapter apart. Let's face it, Chapters 1-4 are identical, just bigger numbers. If you could buy granite and copper you could basically ignore the whole thing and just keep producing "normal" goods.

DeletedUser1621

Thinking about this....
It had been my previous observation that the introduction of orcs to the province negotiation costs at ring 11 and beyond is really no different than earlier on in the game where tier 3 goods get added to the negotiation costs before you are producing them, or barely producing them and certainly not at volume. This soft-limit mechanism already existed in the game, and they just repeated the methodology. However, there are a couple of distinctions that make it different.

First, at that earlier stage of the game (under the current before-revamp battle system) those battles were still "winnable" with the right strategy and a willingness to consider having any troops survive the battle a "win". Yes, the fight could most often be won, but you would burn a lot of troops. Considering where the requirement comes in to play and where the lack of ability to produce the required goods falls in the tech tree, based on the troop type and squad size that would be available at that stage of development, it becomes a lot more questionable whether or not those battles are, in fact, "winnable".

Second, there is the use of the Trader. Since the Trader allows goods to be traded across tiers, it is possible for a player to obtain goods before they have unlocked the research to be able to produce it themselves. Without the ability to trade for "orcs", there is no mechanism by which they can be obtained before you are able to produce them. Also, the Wholesaler in the Trader allows you to use other resources, including coins and supplies, to obtain goods. It can also be used to convert your boosted goods into non-boosted goods within the same tier (but at an outrageous 5:1 conversion ratio). Since there is only one "orc" goods (as province requirements, not guest-race tech-tree/roads goods such as granite/copper, ambrosia/night essence, etc.) there is no comparable good to convert via the Wholesaler, and also nothing to trade across tiers.

Besides the fact that the cross-tier trading "equality" factor of 4 between tiers is entirely inappropriate, would you really be willing to Trade 64K of say Marble, for 1K orcs? Because if you were, I'd be tempted to sell all my manufactories and build 16 armories and say to hell with producing any of my own goods anymore :) And if you were really thinking of coins or supplies, well....consider the growth ratio of the Wholesaler. 500 tier 3 goods costs 3,200K coins or 320K supplies, so following the same pattern of cost increase rates, 500 "orcs" would cost 12,800K coins or 1280 supplies. How big is your Main Hall? (Note: I know this also wouldn't be realistic since the orc production rate in the armories doesn't even begin to approach the production rate of goods in the manufactories, but I think the general point I was trying to make is still valid - in other words, I can't think of any way where trading in the other goods makes sense.)

Now.....after I typed all that I realized that I was completely off-topic and you were thinking the guest-race goods such as granite and copper. I considered deleting it and not posting, but *shrugs* Again, with only a single type of goods available (considering granite and copper to be two different tiers of dwarven goods) how would you be trading? 4 granite to 1 copper? Wholesaler still wouldn't work if you used the same math for increasing costs (as above) and again, there's still no equivalent goods to convert from to. The Trader's Wholesaler doesn't allow cross-tier conversions, only Trades.

Thistleknot

Arquintha,

You have an interesting idea, but I think the execution might be difficult. The value of the special goods would be hard to establish against the regular goods. If you can only trade goods of a guest race, then you would be too limiting, i.e. only trade granite for copper and vice versa. Then there is also the limiting factor that once a chapter is complete, the buildings need to be destroyed to make room for the next guest race. Your trading resources would fluctuate way too much to be useful.

Having completed three of the four guest races, I think the special goods is a problem that individuals have to deal with to get through each chapter. I think trading these goods would defeat the essence of getting through the chapter. You solve the problem by either figuring out how to squeeze in all the buildings that you want or by opening your wallet. I can tell that I never once felt the need to open my wallet.