• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Trader Improvement

Salator

I would like to suggest the following improvements are implemented in the Trader:

A filter to view ONLY same tier trades.
A filter to block viewing of all zero and 1-star trades.

A checkbox to toggle these choices should be available with the other toggle filters already available at the top of the Trader window.

(Edited to fit template and to add zero-star trades to the 1-star trades filter.)

Last edited:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
As long as it's just an option and can be easily turned off or on, I wouldn't mind.

If I turned it on it would mean I'd see only 1/3 of the trades, which, to me, would not be good. But if others want to reduce their vision, who am I to not let them?

AJ

Last edited:

Alram

Flippers just flip
I'm a fan of more filters but I would still have to scroll through all the trades to find new players who tend to post all manner of trades. I would really like a filter to block out anyone who has more than 10 trades up. :rolleyes:

ajqtrz

I'm a fan of more filters but I would still have to scroll through all the trades to find new players who tend to post all manner of trades. I would really like a filter to block out anyone who has more than 10 trades up. :rolleyes:
Would you consider a filter that shows only the first 1-3 identical trades up from a player? I agree it's rather tedious to scroll through 20 identical trades, but still, wouldn't it be better to know somebody is trading than not know?

AJ

Salator

I'm not too worried about seeing more than 10 trades by the same person....but, I definitely want to be able to see only same tier trades. Now that I am thinking of it....it would be great to block (with a filter / toggle) having to view all those 1-star trades.

Yes, yes, yes.....we need a filter for 1-star trades too! LOL! (I'm laughing....but, I am dead serious about blocking having to view 1-star trades.)

Raccon

This option already exist in mobile, I'm not sure about desk top version as I find the mobile version more user friendly!
Screenshot_20220703-113810_Elvenar.jpg
Screenshot_20220703-113911_Elvenar.jpg
Screenshot_20220703-114005_Elvenar.jpg

On top of that, not only you can filter offers, but also you can filter demans for your intended item;)

Screenshot_20220703-114059_Elvenar.jpg

Alram

Flippers just flip
Would you consider a filter that shows only the first 1-3 identical trades up from a player? I agree it's rather tedious to scroll through 20 identical trades, but still, wouldn't it be better to know somebody is trading than not know?

AJ
I can already see who trades. I would like the ability to filter out the spammers. If only 3 of their trades show, I might confuse them with the nonspammers and accidentally take one of their trades. :eek:

ajqtrz

I can already see who trades. I would like the ability to filter out the spammers. If only 3 of their trades show, I might confuse them with the nonspammers and accidentally take one of their trades. :eek:
Not sure why the number of trades makes a person a "spammer." A lot of mid level traders have 10 or so of the same trade listed.

I also see you are on mobile? I can therefore see how having to scroll though a long list identical trades could be annoying. It doesn't seem to be a problem so much in the browser version.

AJ

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
those multiple trades usually come from newer player
they have not yet realized there are people who will take a 50k or 100k trade.
so they do ten 10k

I am in chapter 19 and I still only do trades in 10k or 20k. It gives the players in earlier chapters something they can afford to take. I also try to post trades at least 24 hours before I will actually need the goods, so I can wait for someone to take them, even though I almost always make them with a bonus for the taker. It has been rare, but there were times I had the max of 60 trades posted at one time.

Alram

Flippers just flip
I'm not suggesting that people be limited in their trades. I'm asking for a filter that will make finding the new players trades easier and faster.

Silver Lady

Salator

I’d go for a filter for same tier trades! I use the mobile app but using the selections for offer and demand for all the combos I’m willing to take is tedious. I really hate scrolling through pages of T3 for T2 & T1.

But to get submitted @Salator you’re going to need to format your original post per the template
Thread 'Ideas and Suggestions - Read before posting'
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/ideas-and-suggestions-read-before-posting.27826/
Thank you Silver Lady! Did not know that there was a template! (I'm a bad girl....should have read the "read before posting" thing...but, I did not I have to shamefully admit! Thanks for getting me back on the straight and narrow! LOL!

Salator

I think most of us agree that a filter that shows only same tier trades is wanted. However, I would like to add this idea.....how about a filter to block all 1-star trades? I am totally sick of seeing them. How about you??????

Salator

I re-formatted my original post to reflect (hopefully) the "template" for submitting ideas for Trader improvements. Hope somebody puts it on the voting list!

Flashfyre

@Alram Pretty much the same, with the added filter of Sentients only, IIRC. In mobile, you have to select the S goods you want Offered or Demanded, and will only see those trades. On browser, the S filter shows all S trades, regardless of chosen goods.