• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Trader Improvement

Killy-

Zero and one star trades are already at the end of the list, where one just stops scrolling. I don't see what a filter would do there? Same tier trades can be selected too. An extra filter would save a few clicks, therefore I won't mind, but I don't think it is necessary.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I think most of us agree that a filter that shows only same tier trades is wanted. However, I would like to add this idea.....how about a filter to block all 1-star trades? I am totally sick of seeing them. How about you??????

Now that the one star and zero stars come at the end of the list
I don't see them as a very big problem
they are easily ignored

Alram

Flippers just flip
I currently check and take FS trades first and then scroll all the way to the bottom of my list because that is where I usually find new players. As I scroll, I look at the player names. By the time I get to the bottom, I know who my spammers are. Then I scroll back up looking at the nonspammers trades and taking the ones that I want to. I honestly don't have any idea what the spammers are offering. I don't even look at their trades. A spam filter would help me greatly. There's usually only 3-4 pages of nonspammers trades vs. 15-20 spammer pages.
Then I just post 6-9 of my own trades and leave.

*I might be missing some new people by ignoring spammers but I'm ok with not clicking 60 times to help someone out. Thank you very much! :oops:

**I admit I have been entertained on occasion due to the spammers names....scrolling through 10 pages of someone named something like blahblahblah brings a chuckle or two.

Last edited:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
... Can't tell you how many times that I've taken planks for a T3 by accident because I was clicking too fast.
And here we have what seems to be the real problem. But since trades are listed in their star order all 1 star and 0 star are at the end...all one has to do is stop clicking when you reach the end of the 2 star trades and you won't see the bulk of all those 1 and zero star trades. This works even when you are filtering things by fellowship, sentient, ascended. And it also works if the trades are cross-tier. In the end then, the OP is asking for something to avoid a mistake and/or perhaps a small improvement in finding smaller players...though the latter I'm not sure about unless you can select to see only zero star trades, (or 1, 2, or 3).

How about, instead of filtering things out by their star level, we just have 4 star boxes. 0, 1, 2, and 3. You check the boxes you want to find. I'd check 3 star and just do those, then 2-star and filter them by what's being demanded. Everything else is filtered out. Then, if I was pretty sure some lower ranked player was trading, I might take a glance at 0 star.

And to that, for those who don't like cross-tier trades a check box for filtering those out as well. Lots of check boxes for lots of options.

Or, everybody could slow down and stop when they see a trade they don't want. That would solve the part of this that may actually cause harm instead of just annoyance.

AJ

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
How about, instead of filtering things out by their star level, we just have 4 star boxes. 0, 1, 2, and 3. You check the boxes you want to find. I'd check 3 star and just do those, then 2-star and filter them by what's being demanded. Everything else is filtered out. Then, if I was pretty sure some lower ranked player was trading, I might take a glance at 0 star.

And to that, for those who don't like cross-tier trades a check box for filtering those out as well. Lots of check boxes for lots of options.

Same-tier trades by star rating are not ever a problem and I don't understand why people do have issues with them, unless they are new players who do not understand/care about the trader fee trades that are one-star because the person has not been discovered yet. For example, a three-star undiscovered trade will show as a two-star, but have weird looking amounts to people who do not understand the fee system.

As for cross-tiers, the way the Trader sorts them is way too complicated. A tier 1 for tier 2 trade that is 2-star will show ahead of a same-tier 2-star trade of the same value to the taker, while a tier 3 for tier 2 trade will show up after the same-tier trade where the taker is getting the same amount. And then they are sorted by the size of the trade within the star rating. And then there seem to be other sorting algorithms that I am not sure about. And that is just the browser version, as the mobile app version of the Trader follows some different sorting that the browser does not. So a complaint about one version may not be valid in the other version. It is just a mess and Inno really needs to make the two versions of the Trader to work identically. Even beyond all that, just the fact that the browser Trader cannot hide trades with fees, like the mobile app can do, is a bad thing and likely leads to a lot of this confusion.

One other note on cross-tier trading, when I go into the Trader and see 30 pages of trades for standard goods and 20+ of them are people demanding tier 2 goods for tier 3, something has to be done, though maybe not by Inno. What is really needed is for those lazy players to build more tier 2 boosted factories and place same-tier trades for what they need, rather than clogging things up with their useless cross-tier stuff.

Alram

Flippers just flip
I would like to suggest the following improvements are implemented in the Trader:

A filter to view ONLY same tier trades.
A filter to block viewing of all zero and 1-star trades.

A checkbox to toggle these choices should be available with the other toggle filters already available at the top of the Trader window.

(Edited to fit template and to add zero-star trades to the 1-star trades filter.)
Is your trader full of spammers? :cool:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog

One other note on cross-tier trading, when I go into the Trader and see 30 pages of trades for standard goods and 20+ of them are people demanding tier 2 goods for tier 3, something has to be done, though maybe not by Inno. What is really needed is for those lazy players to build more tier 2 boosted factories and place same-tier trades for what they need, rather than clogging things up with their useless cross-tier stuff.
I definitely agree something should be done, but the "2 star trades are always good" idea gets somewhat in the way. After all, a 2 star gems for scrolls is not a good trade (in my area) since we have so many gems and so few scrolls. But as long as we go merrily along grabbing all the 2 star trades (because they are automatically "fair"), even when the supply balance between them is out of whack, we only encourage those players who are producing the gems and trading them for scrolls to continue offering gems for scrolls at 2 star levels. And as long as they think they can get a 2 star trade offering gems for scrolls they have no reason to store the gems production mfrs and build some scrolls mfrs. See the problem? It's that we rely on the star system to actually measure the value of our goods and encourage others so that they don't realize offering gems for scrolls at the current rate is not balanced to the one taking the trade....on the face of it. But, of course, our taking the trades says we are getting something out of it and that might justify the practice. However, that practice just encourages those who are offering less for more because the star system tells them they are offering the same for the same, and that, should concern us and make us start evaluating trades based on supply/demand rather than the star system.

In short, if we continue to take the unbalanced gems for scrolls we are training others to believe the star system is a good measure of value. That's just bad training on our part, and, in my opinion, overall a negative to players and the game.

AJ

Salator

Zero and one star trades are already at the end of the list, where one just stops scrolling. I don't see what a filter would do there? Same tier trades can be selected too. An extra filter would save a few clicks, therefore I won't mind, but I don't think it is necessary.
It is not about zero and one-star trades entirely....it is about cross-tier trading mostly.

Salator

Same-tier trades by star rating are not ever a problem and I don't understand why people do have issues with them, unless they are new players who do not understand/care about the trader fee trades that are one-star because the person has not been discovered yet. For example, a three-star undiscovered trade will show as a two-star, but have weird looking amounts to people who do not understand the fee system.

As for cross-tiers, the way the Trader sorts them is way too complicated. A tier 1 for tier 2 trade that is 2-star will show ahead of a same-tier 2-star trade of the same value to the taker, while a tier 3 for tier 2 trade will show up after the same-tier trade where the taker is getting the same amount. And then they are sorted by the size of the trade within the star rating. And then there seem to be other sorting algorithms that I am not sure about. And that is just the browser version, as the mobile app version of the Trader follows some different sorting that the browser does not. So a complaint about one version may not be valid in the other version. It is just a mess and Inno really needs to make the two versions of the Trader to work identically. Even beyond all that, just the fact that the browser Trader cannot hide trades with fees, like the mobile app can do, is a bad thing and likely leads to a lot of this confusion.

OMG! I could not (and did not) say it better! Thank you for your very clear description of the issue!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
On mobile I have sometimes accidentally picked up the wrong trade because someone else bought the trade I intended to buy and it disappeared and got replaced by the next trade, which can be a BIG problem if that trade was a zero star trade. I have once lost a lot of goods in one of my small cities doing this:(

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I think they should just show our own trades in the listings too. Right now, if you list pages and pages of trades nobody wants, it’s out of sight and out of mind for the lister. They should have to scroll through their own diarrhea run to find the goods they want too. Post all the T3 down trades and 1 or 0-star trades to your heart’s desire. If it sits and sits for 6 days, you get to swim in pages and pages of it too, just like everyone else.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I am not sure what you consider a 'spammer'. I post many, many trades. I post differing amounts, so that smaller cities have a chance at them. I have concentrating on posting tier for tier trades as well. My trades get picked up, but now I'm worried that I'm annoying everyone with my 60 trades in the trader, but I need what I need and I try to post them in the best format possible to get them taken by everyone and anyone.

Alram

Flippers just flip
I am not sure what you consider a 'spammer'. I post many, many trades. I post differing amounts, so that smaller cities have a chance at them. I have concentrating on posting tier for tier trades as well. My trades get picked up, but now I'm worried that I'm annoying everyone with my 60 trades in the trader, but I need what I need and I try to post them in the best format possible to get them taken by everyone and anyone.
I don't think you are doing anything wrong with your posts. I am not your target audience though. I would like to be able to filter your multiple posts, (more than 10), out of my trader so I can see my target audience. Is that a bad thing?

Last edited:

Ms Molly

Well, I am doing something about it....rather than waiting for my lazy players to do anything constructive....In a fellowship that previously had no rules or minimums to meet, I have now instituted two rules: (1) No cross trading. In the event that the individual desperately needs to cross trade, it has to be be agreed up / flagged in chat and email. (2) We are now a boosted goods only fellowship. (Of course, in the later chapters when you have to build different manufactories, these too must be only the ones you are boosted in.

I have just made these two rules and I have just lost 4 players...but, I really am not troubled by this as I believe a lot of other people feel the same way as I do. I really think that if all Archmages made these two rules it would go a long way to getting things straightened out. Right now, the only thing I am seeing in the trader is cross trades....it is like we have all gone crazy. Time to stop the craziness. Inno too should do their part and adjust event buildings.