• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Trading Outpost

DeletedUser4070

I'm done with Woodelves, just have a little bit of research left for Advanced Scouts, which means I'm still technically in Woodelves. Does the portal refill spell work for whatever you're producing while it's active, or did I just waste Moon Splinters on something that will only boost production for goods I don't have anymore?

DeletedUser5521

You will be able to use the spells produced and in your inventory for whatever guest race you are in when you activate the spell. I do believe you have to have an active portal (of the current guest race) but I'm not postive on that and haven't been able to find the answer for myself, if anyone else knows?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The trading post produces an instant that fills your current portal by 5%, so if you hang on to them you can use them in any future chapter.
Easiest is to mouse over the instant and it will show you the effects before you click it.

EDIT: I'm building a fairy portal right now because I want to see what happens if I have 2 portals at once--will update

DeletedUser5521

I'm guessing it is based on the Advanced scouts tech
Thanks Soggy. Now...I'm still looking for this: if you are in the chapter (meaning completed Adv. Scouts, or whatever tech initiates you into the current chapter--remember, no Adv. Scouts with Amuni :eek::mad::(<---that's jps' Expression Progression when this was discovered lol), but you haven't built a portal yet, what happens if you try to use the Trader Outpost/Portal Profit Instant? Not terribly important, but enquiring minds want to know. And I'm thinking in particular of Woodelves, where it felt like a looong time before getting to the Forest Glade. Having a bunch of Instants and using them early could change the chapter quite a bit...especially if you could upgrade your Glade boom boom boom because you already had the goods waiting. Of course, if you can't use the Instants until the Portal is built, you can cash the Instants as soon as it's done, but my brain still wants to know if there's an answer for this :oops::rolleyes::confused:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
The closest I'll be to answering that is when I delete all of the Amuni. The tooltip should change to 5% of zero, right?

I am done Amuni and sold it all off. I just tried it and when you click on the spell it shows that you will get zero goldsmith goods and zero trapper goods. I'm pretty surprised that I could have still used it with no portal to get nothing :rolleyes:

DeletedUser5521

I'm pretty surprised that I could have still used it with no portal to get nothing
Thank you for the answer! Was there no "Are you sure you want to use this? You will receive no goods.." or any other kind of warning system set up? Nothing to stop you from wasting it, if you were maybe having a knucklehead moment..? :eek:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Thank you for the answer! Was there no "Are you sure you want to use this? You will receive no goods.." or any other kind of warning system set up? Nothing to stop you from wasting it, if you were maybe having a knucklehead moment..? :eek:

If I was rushing through something I could possibly miss the waste but I did click the "Abort" button :)

I just looked again and the only warning is red ! on each of the goods

DeletedUser12482

I just build six of these days ago... when I hover over the little green icon in the Trading Outpost screen, it shows what I should get (example: 45/900) when it charges. I have tried twice now and received no good in my portal's storage.

I just built (4 days ago) my Forest Glade and two Forest Fabrication buildings.

Are my Outposts broken, or am I doing something wrong?

Any info is greatly appreciated =)

EDIT: Okay, I just found them. They end up in my "Instants" storage. I can use them any time I want... awesome.

DeletedUser1390

Forum denizens: We deeply regret to inform you that due to a complex and unforeseen chain reaction in the Elvenar space-time continuum caused by the presence of two guest race portals at the same time, Soggy Shorts' city has now vanished through a wormhole into an alternate dimension. Its possible return remains unknown, apparently dependent on various random, chaotic astral forces impossible to calculate. (Even by Soggy.)

DeletedUser5521

Forum denizens: We deeply regret to inform you that due to a complex and unforeseen chain reaction in the Elvenar space-time continuum caused by the presence of two guest race portals at the same time, Soggy Shorts' city has now vanished through a wormhole into an alternate dimension. Its possible return remains unknown, apparently dependent on various random, chaotic astral forces impossible to calculate. (Even by Soggy.)
:eek:

:eek::eek:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:......................................:confused:

DeletedUser5521

Don't listen to 'em Soggy. They just mistook this thread for some kind of "Soggy Roast". Have some cake! :D
1*Ae4UD2quXOI1uK_dHcSEkA.png

DeletedUser12171

The closest I'll be to answering that is when I delete all of the Amuni. The tooltip should change to 5% of zero, right?

The text of the instant says "refill 5% of all current capped guest race goods"

current - your current chapter
capped - only goods which have a storage limit

I think that's clear enough