• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

trading problems on Elcysandir

Alenette

I have been playing almost 3 yrs. Am in Elvenar level in khelonaar and elcysandir. Trading has always been slower in elcysandir but now I am at my wits end. Can't trade for moonstone to save my life. Am ready to quit - no fun in playing like this.
Why? Why is there so much difference between the worlds - I always assumed that elcysandir was newer, smaller, had fewer players, maybe not as advanced players - but things are at a standstill now.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I had a fellow who was equally frustrated. When we finally discovered his trade, it turned out he was offering Shrooms for them! So only players in the final 2 chapters could even see his trade, and then he was crossing all 3 tiers. I don't game on Elcy so I can only guess what you're offering, but ... I strongly recommend you post 3 star within tier trades of a reasonable amount. Break it up, try various options even.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@Alenette I'm pretty sure when I started playing Arendyll and Elcysandir were the only 2 worlds. Then came Winyandor, etc. The trades for sentient goods seem to me to be going in cycles based on sequence in the research tree and quests for Elvenar race. I'm having pretty good luck with ones that were hard to get last week. I also think that people are mostly trying to keep the high demand items for their FS. Anyway, I grabbed one (now 3) of your trades. I hope that helped.

Last edited:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I have been playing almost 3 yrs. Am in Elvenar level in khelonaar and elcysandir. Trading has always been slower in elcysandir but now I am at my wits end. Can't trade for moonstone to save my life. Am ready to quit - no fun in playing like this.
Why? Why is there so much difference between the worlds - I always assumed that elcysandir was newer, smaller, had fewer players, maybe not as advanced players - but things are at a standstill now.
I'm near the end of Constructs in my Elcysandir city (my other city is in Khelonaar, too! ...but it's just starting S&D so no knowledge of Sentient trading there). I've also noticed a difference in moonstone lately in Elcysandir. My guess is with the release of the Elvenar chapter and the massive amounts of Sentient goods needed there it has impacted everyone. It seems like there's a bunch of moonstone producers(they don't have to post trades since every time they go into trader there's plenty asking for it) who now need much more of the moonstone they're producing, thus less available on the market. I've had luck with posting same tier trades at a 10% discount; that usually gets my trades taken within a day. BUT I'm not trading in the amounts Elvenar chapters need, either. I'm doing a couple of 10K for 9Kmoonstone trades a day. From what I've read, the levels of Sentient goods needed in this next chapter will likely mean I'll need to build an additional Sentients factory in all three tiers there (I only have one each now).
I'm in no hurry to get to the new chapter. I'm upgrading AW's and slowly inching through the tech tree. I think I'll work on getting extra Sentient factories up and running and continue to work on AW's for a while. Hopefully, I'll be able to build an inventory of Sentient goods that will make it less painful when I enter the next chapter.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@samidodamage I make moonstone but I only have 1 factory. I also make obsidian and only have 1 factory for it. My other one is bismuth. I am building a 2nd factory for that. If you look on GoK the soap, shrooms, bismuth totals for the chapter are insane! A second for the other 2 might be nice but the space for this chapter is even larger than past races so not worth it for me. Anyway, for example, there are 87 pages of tree gum for moonstone now on E. Everybody seems to be on the quest for the Atalier building which needs 100K moonstone. Probably within a couple of days everybody is going to be wanting tree gum for the Agriculture building. Sadly for Alenette, he needs moonstone for tree gum now. Soon I believe he will have his pick of trades looking for tree gum :cool:

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
@Alenette I'm pretty sure when I started playing Arendyll and Elcysandir were the only 2 worlds. Then came Winyandor, etc. The trades for sentient goods seem to me to be going in cycles based on sequence in the research tree and quests for Elvenar race. I'm having pretty good luck with ones that were hard to get last week. I also think that people are mostly trying to keep the high demand items for their FS. Anyway, I grabbed one (now 2) of your trades. I hope that helped.

I am thinking the realms were released in the order they're shown, and numbered. Like everywhere. Please, let's try to avoid spreading misinformation.

Alenette, you've been offered some good advice. If you trade within tier there are players from 4 chapters that can help you, if you remember to break up the trades and post from 5 to 20k , you will get Moonstone regardless. If you make them 3 stars you will get them more rapidly.

Deleted User - 3932582

This is primarily driven off the new chapter 15, and it really depends on the server. As number of people in chapter 15 is relatively small and their boosts were assigned at random, relatively small imbalances in production of different goods have a fairly pronounced impact. But in, say, Ceravyn the situation is pretty much reversed - there is glut of moonstone, but platinum and gum as harder to find. At the same time, it is very difficult to get fills on soap. So if you don't get your trades taken in time, adjust your prices accordingly or wait. E.g. I have to do 1.25:1 trades bismuth:soap and even then it may take almost a day to get fills.

People who are boosted in rare commodities will still need to offload them for other goods - you need to make sure that you offer the best trades for them so yours will get accepted. The trader is still filled with 1:1 trades, so when I post at 1.25:1 I know I will most likely get trades before everyone else. It's more expensive, but at least your boosted production you can control and adjust, to a degree. If you can't get your trades, you can't really progress.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Please, let's try to avoid spreading misinformation.

Pardon the H__ out of me :rolleyes: I know the order I started cities and It never really mattered to me if somehow I started them in an order different than their start date. Frankly not worth researching! Re the subject of this conversation, I have almost never had trouble with trades on Elcyandir but Winyandor seems like a pain for my smaller city. Oh Well! Apparently the matter of months between the start of the worlds isn't anywhere close to a definitive reason for trade problems. FYI, I'm thinking your advice probably isn't as helpful as picking up Alenette's trades. If you looked you would see that their trades are already same tier 3 start trades :p

Last edited:

DeletedUser2959

Pardon the H__ out of me :rolleyes: I know the order I started cities and It never really mattered to me if somehow I started them in an order different than their start date. Frankly not worth researching! Re the subject of this conversation, I have almost never had trouble with trades on Elcyandir but Winyandor seems like a pain for my smaller city. Oh Well! Apparently the matter of months between the start of the worlds isn't anywhere close to a definitive reason for trade problems. FYI, I'm thinking your advice probably isn't as helpful as picking up Alenette's trades. If you looked you would see that their trades are already same tier 3 start trades :p
That was a trifle snippy, wasn't it.

Alenette

@Alenette I'm pretty sure when I started playing Arendyll and Elcysandir were the only 2 worlds. Then came Winyandor, etc. The trades for sentient goods seem to me to be going in cycles based on sequence in the research tree and quests for Elvenar race. I'm having pretty good luck with ones that were hard to get last week. I also think that people are mostly trying to keep the high demand items for their FS. Anyway, I grabbed one (now 3) of your trades. I hope that helped.
thank you!!!!