• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Training camp or upgrade armory?

• Thread starter DeletedUser15476
  • Start date

DeletedUser15476

I can place a training camp or upgrade my armoy to level 5. Not sure which is smartest. Any tips? Refs? Ideas? Thanks!

DeletedUser5521

I love my Training Camp in both my Elven and Human cities. My Devil Dogs (Cerberus!) are so much nastier than the Swordies/Axies of the Barracks, and I'm growing ever fonder of my Banshees. But Armory upgrades will be necessary when you reach Orcs Chapter, so for me I do ALL of the above lol :confused::rolleyes::cool:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Well...the training camp gets you the Cerberus, a really good light melee unit with a long movement range. It is much more effective against enemy mages. A lvl 5 armory will let you train 8 more units at a time (it's giving you 6 now; it will give 14 at lvl 5). If it were me, I'd do the training camp, and immediately start stocking up to do the armory asap afterward.
Edit: didn't see Aramina's post, but I agree!

DeletedUser9601

Definitely Training Camp. Cerberus is the hands-down best light melee unit. And it especially shines in early levels, when enemy army composition means that you are likely to only have 2 unit types to face. So any fight where you face a combo of mages and light ranged, the Cerberus is going to do amazingly.
Even fights with sorcs and light melee will still go well, because the Cerberus has such long range that you can usually run away from the light melee.