• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Training doesn't increase number of Units

• Thread starter DeletedUser20336
  • Start date

DeletedUser20336

I've been busily training units, and I have found that the number of units does not increase. I've done this both with Sword Dancers and Archers. Any thoughts?

I know I'm not giving a lot of detail, however training units is a pretty basic action. I'm assuming it doesn't need a lot of description.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

DeletedUser3297

Your squad size and training size are not the same. When you go to the Army Camp screen, or into battle, each of those numbers next to your units represents squads - not individuals units. When you train any military unit in any of the unit production buildings (barracks, training grounds, mercenary camp), those units displayed in the training queue are individual unit (not squads.'

To see how many individual units you must train to produce a squad, open your barracks, tab over to the Army Camp. From there, mouseover the unit and towards the bottom of the splash screen, you will see how many units it takes to make a squad.

On the army camp overview, your unit numbers only change once you have trained full squads

Fayeanne

Some things like tournaments limit you to specific squad sizes. So (to make a really simple example) if your "actual" squad size is 9 and you have 500 total units, you will have 55.6 squads (that's what the interface will show when you go to fight). But if the tournament limits you to squad size 6, you will have 83.3 squads (500 / 6).

kctanzen

And ... each province in the weekly tournament has a "fixed" squad size for you for the duration of the tournament .. unless you take a squad size upgrade during the week. Each round, the enemy size will increase by 15% while your size stays the same for that particular province. The enemy starts at roughly 85% of your size in round 1.

I'm not quite sure where we start but the size increases steadily until around province 16 or so a full squad per stack is committed.
There are a few outlier provinces that have significantly larger squad size commitments along the way as well.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I'm not quite sure where we start but the size increases steadily until around province 16 or so a full squad per stack is committed.
There are a few outlier provinces that have significantly larger squad size commitments along the way as well.

For tournaments our squad size starts at 5% of our normal squad size and goes up 5% per province. So at province 10 your at 50% of the world map squad size, by province 20 it is the same, and by province 40 in a tournament your at double the world map squad size.

There is some exceptions to the starting squad size of 5% if your very early in the game, I think the minimum squad size is 6. So very on the formula above isn't exact but it doesn't take long until thats what it does.

DeletedUser24180

Thank you, Lyleth and kctanzen! Your answers were very helpful. I’m still trying to figure things out in the game, and there’s a LOT to figure out with it. So I appreciate you answering my question.

Your squad size and training size are not the same. When you go to the Army Camp screen, or into battle, each of those numbers next to your units represents squads - not individuals units. When you train any military unit in any of the unit production buildings (barracks, training grounds, mercenary camp), those units displayed in the training queue are individual unit (not squads.'

To see how many individual units you must train to produce a squad, open your barracks, tab over to the Army Camp. From there, mouseover the unit and towards the bottom of the splash screen, you will see how many units it takes to make a squad.

On the army camp overview, your unit numbers only change once you have trained full squads

So if that's "squads" and your squad size changes based on if it's a tourney, a spire, or just general province... how the heck do you know what squad size IS and how many actual units you have?!

kctanzen

Your actual squad size is in the upper right of any of the training buildings, on the army camp tab.
The number of squads listed there is also the actual number of units you have (can hover over them to see total troops and some other info).

How the game factors that into tourney / spire sizing is based from the actual number (and other variables).

Tourney sizing is pretty straight forward.
Your squad size is the same for each distinct province of that tourney, rounds 1 through 6.
Starts off at roughly 5% of your actual size, increases by 5% for each successive province.
The total enemy units available start out roughly 85% of your squad size in that province .. and increases by 15% every round.

So provinces are like always bigger (usually a LOT bigger) than mine, and I've done all squad size improvements going up the tree- so is that basically always the case? Like in Wyn I'm at 399 squad size (thanks for info on where to see that), but in provinces they are all like 500-550.

In tourneys I've seen in both my worlds (one just hit dwarves, one is in orcs) 100 or so squad sizes for me, and them being 100-125 maybe.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
So provinces are like always bigger (usually a LOT bigger) than mine, and I've done all squad size improvements going up the tree- so is that basically always the case? Like in Wyn I'm at 399 squad size (thanks for info on where to see that), but in provinces they are all like 500-550.

In tourneys I've seen in both my worlds (one just hit dwarves, one is in orcs) 100 or so squad sizes for me, and them being 100-125 maybe.

No the world map provinces are not always bigger than yours. other than the anomaly of chapters 2-4 (5ish) the world map squad sizes are a function of your scouting strategy and approach to optional techs. By dwarves and orcs your scouting strategy is definitely taking effect. A persons approach can be the difference between hard or easy/very easy in the world map, note this also impacts catering costs.

Also note when comparing your squad size to the enemies you really need an enemy with 5 squads for an equal comparison. Enemy squads can vary from 1 to 8 and their size changes in proportion. A straight 5v5 comparison is the simplest as the other fights of varying groups are just a function of that base match-up.
Also in the case of tournaments only the second round is where you are the enemy are on an equal footing, before that you have the advantage and after that they do.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I just kinda scout more or less in a circle...

Also first round (0 star) CAN outnumber you in squad size. I just had that happening where in very first combat they had 102 to my 100.

Direction of scout is only a small part of strategy. The amount you scout and timing of the advanced scout tech all come into play.

First round doesn't out number you as they are at 85% of your squad size. If you got one that wasn't it would be a bug or you are looking at the wrong number (total units instead of squad size) or not comparing a 5v5 fight but a 5 v 1-4 fight. Squad sizes scale up proportionally when the enemy has less than 5 squads, but the advantage is still with the player in that first round.

Two first round fights- 0 star zones- from this past event. 100 vs 102. It does happen.

So scouting- what do you mean "timing" of the scouting? Can you clarify so I can try and get more favorable combat situations?
Also, all scouting techs up to Dwarves in one city and Orcs in the other are done. I don't skip techs entirely, I do them all before moving on. :)

Attachments

• 80443814_586803702069719_3622067077449252864_n.png
    80443814_586803702069719_3622067077449252864_n.png
    340.6 KB · Views: 141
  • 81479637_562579167920275_3332071813336268800_n.png
    81479637_562579167920275_3332071813336268800_n.png
    297.2 KB · Views: 189
Was it one stack of 102 units versus your 5 stacks x 100 = 500 units?
I posted screenshots I'd taken when trying to get help to figure out what to use to fight with. It says "Tournament squad size 100" and "Enemy Squad size 102" - first fights... Note, I didn't win ANY of the ones I tried- kept trying diff ones that lit up the thingy and even some "strong vs" things later, and never could get my supposedly better troops to actually defeat the ones they're strong against. It's a total mess and I'm more confused than when I started in some ways. ROFL