• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Travelling Merchant III - ?

LisaMV

I crafted 2 Travelling Merchants in my Magic Academy that are absolutely wonderful: they add my non-boosted level 2 goods, and they are cute, to boot!
Does anyone know if there exists a level III one? Not surprisingly, the wiki has zero helpful information any of them... :rolleyes:
Thanks for your help!

LisaMV

Thank you, lovely shimmerfly! I love elvenarchitect, but actually never thought I could find that specific information.

Do you think it will magically (ha! good one) appear in my MA for crafting? I have researched all my level 3 goods, as well as my boosted good.
I will wait for it, if so!

thanks for helping me :)

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I crafted 2 Travelling Merchants in my Magic Academy that are absolutely wonderful: they add my non-boosted level 2 goods, and they are cute, to boot!
Does anyone know if there exists a level III one? Not surprisingly, the wiki has zero helpful information any of them... :rolleyes:
Thanks for your help!
I love mine too! They will appear in your MA randomly, but I find them to be infrequent. Just make sure that once you get a traveling merchant 3, don't keep it in inventory. Put it down right away to give you a chance of getting it again. That goes for anything ... if you have it in inventory it won't give it to you. You have to put it down in your city. I wish you luck in getting it soon! You might want to increase your odds (IF you have a lot of spell fragments to spare) by crafting the things that come up frequently, but not using them ... leave them in inventory. That way, those things won't come up again and you'll have more of a chance for the things you want.

LisaMV

I got one! YAY! Now I have all 3:D

But also - the Festival Merchant appeared this morning, but the same rut happened: do not have enough combining catalysts, can't make more 'cause I am currently (and always argh) out of silk relics, and down to one plank relic. Had to do a long silent scream of horror as I watched it come...and go.o_O

IS the Festival Merchant worth it, also?

Darielle

I got one! YAY! Now I have all 3:D

But also - the Festival Merchant appeared this morning, but the same rut happened: do not have enough combining catalysts, can't make more 'cause I am currently (and always argh) out of silk relics, and down to one plank relic. Had to do a long silent scream of horror as I watched it come...and go.o_O

IS the Festival Merchant worth it, also?
I wouldn't get it now, if I were you. If you get it now and put it down, you'll have to spend a ton of royal restorations as you get into higher chapters to upgrade it. If you leave it in inventory, you won't get it again. But if you don't get it now, and just let it go until you are in chapter 9 or so, it will come again in the MA when you are in chapter 9 or 10 ... and then you can get it and not have far to upgrade it when you finally hit chapter 11. Just a thought. (Of course, some people like it for giving the lower level things, but I can get more from other buildings.)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I wouldn't get it now, if I were you. If you get it now and put it down, you'll have to spend a ton of royal restorations as you get into higher chapters to upgrade it. If you leave it in inventory, you won't get it again. But if you don't get it now, and just let it go until you are in chapter 9 or so, it will come again in the MA when you are in chapter 9 or 10 ... and then you can get it and not have far to upgrade it when you finally hit chapter 11. Just a thought. (Of course, some people like it for giving the lower level things, but I can get more from other buildings.)

@Darielle not sure what you are talking about, but I have 5 Festival Merchants out right now and 3 more in my inventory. I also had several of each Traveling Merchant at one time, so there is not a limit on these buildings.

LisaMV

Thanks Enevhar & Darielle - yes, I will wait on that.
Patience is my forced virtue in Elvenar, to be sure!

Darielle

@Darielle not sure what you are talking about, but I have 5 Festival Merchants out right now and 3 more in my inventory. I also had several of each Traveling Merchant at one time, so there is not a limit on these buildings.
Thank you for correcting me, Enevhar. A lot of buildings won't come up in crafting if you have them in inventory, so I thought that festival and traveling merchant were like that, too. I know I never saw one of that particular level in crafting until I took it out of inventory and placed it, so I assumed it was the same as those other ones. Learn something new every day! :)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Thank you for correcting me, Enevhar. A lot of buildings won't come up in crafting if you have them in inventory, so I thought that festival and traveling merchant were like that, too. I know I never saw one of that particular level in crafting until I took it out of inventory and placed it, so I assumed it was the same as those other ones. Learn something new every day! :)

Not a problem. Right now, the only crafting options you can only have one of are the four pieces of the chess set and the evolving building bases. Anything else you can craft multiples.

DeletedUser24571

Merchants are great to collect all types of goods early in game. Keep in mind though that items received from merchants DO NOT count a Production required in quests or the FA. They do count for ‘gain’ , but not ‘Production ‘

LisaMV

Merchants are great to collect all types of goods early in game. Keep in mind though that items received from merchants DO NOT count a Production required in quests or the FA. They do count for ‘gain’ , but not ‘Production ‘
I have NO IDEA what this means: "DO NOT count a Production required in quests or the FA" - !?

DeletedUser24571

I have NO IDEA what this means: "DO NOT count a Production required in quests or the FA" - !?
Some quests in events ask you to “Product” or manufacture goods such as planks or marble. Some quests ask you to “Gain” a number of goods. With the “Gain” quest wording, you can get goods from trades, merchants, culture buildings or manufacturing.
However if the quest working asks you to “Produce “ a number of goods, only what you get from your Manufacturing buildings will count for the quests.
During the last Fellowship adventure I had a total of 8 merchants in one city. While they helped keep up my stock of goods, they didn’t help at all to achieve the quests and badges for the event.

Last edited by a moderator:

LisaMV

Some quests in events ask you to “Product” or manufacture goods such as planks or marble. Some quests ask you to “Gain” a number of goods. With the “Gain” quest wording, you can get goods from trades, merchants, culture buildings or manufacturing.
However if the quest working asks you to “Produce “ a number of goods, only what you get from your Manufacturing buildings will count for the quests.
During the last Fellowship adventure I had a total of 8 merchants in one city. While they helped keep up my stock of goods, they didn’t help at all to achieve the quests and badges for the event.

Oh my ~ that is certainly being very picky, wow! And thanks for preventing me (in the future) from opening a ticket to tell them they have a bug...;)