• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Triumph of Tides bases

Serena McTavish

The artifacts are rotating into the spire next week. I have 2 bases : 1 fully evolved at woodelves ch and 1 with only 4 artifacts at fairy level. I was thinking i could sell the fairy level one and recraft it at my current ch 15 if i got a reasonable number of artifacts from the spire. Then it kind of dawned on me that i probably wouldn't get a new base in the crafter because i would still have the woodelves one. Is this the case? Thanks.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Yep, you only get one and after the initial offer you have 0 chance of getting a second. Thus, you will have to stick with the two you have and upgrade the lower one. I recommend you always keep your evolving building up to date as they keep up with you needs better.

AJ

SuNaya Dark

Question -
What (other than Supplies) does this Triumph/Tides building produce?
Is it worth it for a player who has cities at the end of Chapter 3?
(not quite ready to advance, so I'm temporarily parked (by choice).

Thanks.
- SuNaya Dark

Zoof

Question -
What (other than Supplies) does this Triumph/Tides building produce?
Is it worth it for a player who has cities at the end of Chapter 3?
(not quite ready to advance, so I'm temporarily parked (by choice).

Thanks.
- SuNaya Dark
For questions like that, I employ the fine resources at ElvenArchitect's building list tool. With it, you can find information on Triumph of the Tides. You'll have to set the stage in order to see what is being offered given however many artifacts you're willing and/or able to put down on it, which can be done by clicking the "Stage Unset" text in the "Evolving" column, then clicking the stage indicated.

1668136403437.png

As it stands, I'd hesitate to deploy any sort of evolving building at chapter 3 (or any early chapter) since you'll simply outgrow it sooner rather than later, and Royal Restorations aren't exactly common. But, if you're willing to put up with it, the rewards are... well. They're not convincing for me, but they might be convincing to you. The rewards listed below are for a stage 10 (fully evolved) Triumph of the Tides for chapter 3. I also hesitate to put down any sort of evolving building if I can't immediately bring it up to stage 10. Exceptions exist*.

1668136741001.png

* The exceptions include effects that are useful even at low levels. Some may argue that the Fire Phoenix fits that bill. I... ah. Personally, I haven't put down my chicken despite gathering everything I needed to push it up to stage 10. I keep meaning to fix that. I'll need to rely on other people's advice for other such exceptions.

Lady Dastardly

It's going to be hard to say if Tides is worth it to you in Ch. 3, since it's going to depend on how high you can evolve it, and what your playstyle is. It provides culture and population at all evolution stages, and at higher stages the culture amount is quite significant. It's a choose 1 production bldg, so even once it has 4 possible productions, you can only pick 1 to have active at a time. The trade off is that the amounts of those productions are larger than evolving bldgs that give multiple things.
Here's what you'll get to choose from at the various stages in Ch. 3:
Stage 1-3: supplies or vallorian guards
Stage 4-6: supplies, vallorian guards or boosted T1 goods
Stage 7-10: supplies, vallorian guards, boosted T1 goods or boosted T1 +1 goods (the good 1 to the right of your boost)

To see the exact amounts, I like to use idavis's site here. You can search for the building and find info for all the stages and chapter levels. I personally find it easier to use than elvenarchitect for this kind of thing, although I love it for other things.

SuNaya Dark

It's going to be hard to say if Tides is worth it to you in Ch. 3, since it's going to depend on how high you can evolve it, and what your playstyle is. It provides culture and population at all evolution stages, and at higher stages the culture amount is quite significant. It's a choose 1 production bldg, so even once it has 4 possible productions, you can only pick 1 to have active at a time. The trade off is that the amounts of those productions are larger than evolving bldgs that give multiple things.
Here's what you'll get to choose from at the various stages in Ch. 3:
Stage 1-3: supplies or vallorian guards
Stage 4-6: supplies, vallorian guards or boosted T1 goods he good 1 to the right of your boost)

To see the exact amounts, I like to use idavis's site here. You can search for the building and find info for all the stages and chapter levels. I personally find it easier to use than elvenarchitect for this kind of thing, although I love it for other things.
Thank you.
I already have Vallorian Valour, so I'm producing the Guards already. That tells me what I need to know at this stage.
I appreciate the quick reply.

- SuNaya Dark

Lady Dastardly

One thing to consider is that Tides, even at stage 1, is a slightly more efficient producer of vallorian guards, per square of space, than the Vallorian Valor. It only gets better at higher stages. I'm not saying this is a reason for you to build it, it's just another data point for consideration.

I'll give you my personal opinion too, which you can feel free to ignore. :)
Tides is a very valuable bldg once you're in Ch. 9 and one of its productions is mana, and later once it switches to seeds. Using 96 royal restorations to bring it from Ch. 3 all the way to Ch. 9 is not something I would want to do. I would be aiming to get as many artifacts from the spire as possible over the next 6 weeks, and then just hold onto them with a plan to build it in Ch. 9. Maybe even Ch. 8, since there is pretty unpleasant supply crunch in Orcs that Tides would help with.

Deleted User - 849777001

Is it craft it in the MA? (I haven't seen it as an option yet)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Is it craft it in the MA? (I haven't seen it as an option yet)

If you already have an old one in your inventory, or one placed in your city, another one will not show up in the crafting choices. You would have to sell or disenchant the old one first before a new and higher chapter version will show up. If you do not have one yet, it will show up for you in the leftmost slot, where all the buildings can appear, you will just have to be patient.

Lady Dastardly

Remember the chapter of any event building, including evolving, is set when you either win it or craft it not when you place it.
Yes, I meant that I would recraft the base once I got to the chapter I wanted to build it in. I craft every base as they come through the MA to get them out of the rotation to free up the bldg slot for things I actually want. Then, if I decide later that I want to evolve the base, I disenchant the low level one and recraft at my current chapter level. Thank you for the clarification, since I knew in my head what I meant, but it didn't all make it into the reply. :)