• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Troop boosts

• Thread starter DeletedUser26243
  • Start date

DeletedUser26243

Wanting to know when is the best time to place troop boosts if planning to fight both the spire n T, so I mite be able to make the most of my troop boosts.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@nativedeer
It depends on where you are in the game. In higher chapters with a lvl 30 TimeWarp, a fed lvl 10 Polar Bear, and plenty of time boosts (for Spire), I can get 2 tourneys/2 Spires off one set of temp bldgs and one polar bear feeding by placing the bldgs on Thurs evening. Do that week's Spire Thurs/Fri, then that week's tourney Thurs/Fri/Sat (really anytime because the cooldown between rounds is 0). Sunday, new Spire launch, bldgs still active. It can get dicey to finish the tourney that launches on Tuesday. You'll only have until the same time Tuesday as when you placed the bldgs the previous Thursday to complete the tourney.
Earlier chapters without access to the TW yet, newer players who don't have the polar bear evolved as far, and probably other situations I'm not thinking of atm will need to look at their time zones/feature launch and end times/etc along with their own specific playing schedule to determine the best time for them to place those bldgs.
One thing to keep in mind about using time boosts in the Spire: If you are in a Silver+ Spire FS, the total time boosts in the FS reward crystals for the Gateway and High Halls sections will equal to one more hour than needed to complete the Spire in one sitting. Since you get time boosts from individual encounter and mystery chests along the way, you'll always have a net gain for time boosts.

DeletedUser26243

Ok so after 4pm eastern n is is first day of the Spire u r taking bout? N with the spire the time boosts won’t be a problem because I boost my way to the top on the first day because that gives me time to resupply my stuff I don’t totally fight I usually fight when I know for sure it’s ez or when orcs or manna is asked for.
AW_Runeshard_ch14_2.png
Thanks for the help been having to double up couldn’t get the time rite

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Ok so after 4pm eastern n is is first day of the Spire u r taking bout? N with the spire the time boosts won’t be a problem because I boost my way to the top on the first day because that gives me time to resupply my stuff I don’t totally fight I usually fight when I know for sure it’s ez or when orcs or manna is asked for. Thanks for the help been having to double up couldn’t get the time rite

No, the spire starts on Sunday. If you put any of the expiring buildings out on a Sunday, they will be dead on Friday and no good for the tournament on Saturday. Putting them out on Monday evening means they last until Saturday evening.

DeletedUser26243

@nativedeer
It depends on where you are in the game. In higher chapters with a lvl 30 TimeWarp, a fed lvl 10 Polar Bear, and plenty of time boosts (for Spire), I can get 2 tourneys/2 Spires off one set of temp bldgs and one polar bear feeding by placing the bldgs on Thurs evening. Do that week's Spire Thurs/Fri, then that week's tourney Thurs/Fri/Sat (really anytime because the cooldown between rounds is 0). Sunday, new Spire launch, bldgs still active. It can get dicey to finish the tourney that launches on Tuesday. You'll only have until the same time Tuesday as when you placed the bldgs the previous Thursday to complete the tourney.
Earlier chapters without access to the TW yet, newer players who don't have the polar bear evolved as far, and probably other situations I'm not thinking of atm will need to look at their time zones/feature launch and end times/etc along with their own specific playing schedule to determine the best time for them to place those bldgs.
One thing to keep in mind about using time boosts in the Spire: If you are in a Silver+ Spire FS, the total time boosts in the FS reward crystals for the Gateway and High Halls sections will equal to one more hour than needed to complete the Spire in one sitting. Since you get time boosts from individual encounter and mystery chests along the way, you'll always have a net gain for time boosts.
This will help me down the road only in chapter 10 Sorcerers & dragons Wishing for polar bear n when warp comes will place thanks for help

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
A lot of the big boys and girls in my FS with Polar Bear+Timewarp combos put theirs out on Fridays. I put mine out on late Tues afternoon after tourney starts. Then they expire on Sunday. It's long enough for me to fight the first half of Gateway, but then I stop to cater until I get to Lab, which is around Tuesday. To me, the first half of Gateway is still economical to expend troops on. The second half of Gateway is not because it's comparable to around Provinces #11-15 or so in tourney. The logic for catering in Gateway is a piece of cake and cost pennies. Therefore, instead of wasting the equivalent of troops for 5 provinces in tourney, I'll cater it and actually fight 5 more provinces in tourney to stretch my troops out. But once you get to the Lab, the math flips and it's not so economical to cater as it's difficult to get it right in one go. Therefore, I fight the Lab portion. Once I'm tall enough for them to let me on the Simia Sapiens ride, I will re-evaluate my troop expenditures since it also means they'll let me on the Timewarp ride too. Until then, it's still spinning Magic Teacups for me and Buddy.

Lady Dastardly

I do exactly the same thing as @crackie. I also put mine out on Tues. once the tourney starts, fight the High Hall's frog boss and all of the Lab in the Spire, fight 20 provinces to 6 stars in the tourney, and then on Sun. before they expire, fight some of the Gateway. The rest of the Gateway and High Halls, up to the frog boss, get catered, as do some/most of the tourney provinces above 20 that I choose to do. My cities are in Ch. 11 & 12, with no Polar Bears (working on that), so time boosters are my only way to speed things up. I do use them in the Spire, because, as @samidodamage pointed out, I'm going to win them back.