• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

troop movements blocked

DeletedUser14387

Hi all. I tried the search function and didn't come up with anything, so I hope this hasn't been asked and answered already. I just had a battle in which some of my troops' movements were restricted even though they had moves left and there were no (visible) obstacles. So, my cerberus for instance, would have some of the hexes surrounding it open to move to and others not, even though those hexes were empty. Is this just an annoying glitch or is there something weird and complex about how these things move? Thanks!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I can think of a couple of possibilities.
1) Is it possible there was an invisible enemy in the hexes? sometimes the game doesn't draw one of your opponents (or your own troops.) hovering the mouse over the hex may reveal what is there.
2) sometimes when there are two terrain obstacles touching, their design makes it look like there is a path between them when there isn't.
3) You can't pass between troops, so even if there is a spot on the other side, you might not be able to get to it.

If something seems hinkey, always refresh the browser (usually [F5] will do that for most browsers) When you get back in, the game will tell you there is a combat in progress and ask if you want to return to it. It will then step through the part you had played, as though you are watching a recording, until it gets to where it thinks you were, and let you continue from there.

If it happens again, a screen cap might help us assess what is going wrong.