• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Truly stuck and need help - ideas?

• Thread starter DeletedUser5020
  • Start date

DeletedUser5020

I am stuck on "make two Power of Provision" I probably scouted too many provinces too early. Now I have no way of getting the planks relics I need to create power of provisions. I can't scout any more planks provinces without orcs and I am not that far along yet. HOW CAN I GET PLANKS RELICS TO MAKE ANY MORE SPELLS?

Thistleknot

Powers of Provision require one marble relic and one crystal relic. But if you are short on either of those and cannot scout, then I only see two options. One is the dreaded use of diamonds. If possible, use diamonds to supply the shortage. Not sure is that is possible. The second option relies on luck. Give neighborly help and hope that the chests that you collect will give you the spells or relics that you need. I wish I had something more encouraging to say, but that seems to be the gist of it.

DeletedUser5020

Powers of Provision require one marble relic and one crystal relic. But if you are short on either of those and cannot scout, then I only see two options. One is the dreaded use of diamonds. If possible, use diamonds to supply the shortage. Not sure is that is possible. The second option relies on luck. Give neighborly help and hope that the chests that you collect will give you the spells or relics that you need. I wish I had something more encouraging to say, but that seems to be the gist of it.

In mine it needs 1 plank and 1 crystal. Are the requirement different for different people? That's interesting. I don't see anywhere to buy relics. Thanks.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Are the requirement different for different people?
Yes, spells always cost you non-boosted relics, so they are different for everyone.
I think if you try to make a spell without having the needed relics the option to use diamonds appears instead (not sure, never ran out of relics yet)
Does the option to use diamonds instead of orcs appear when trying to negotiate?
Otherwise like thistleknot said you'll have to get them from visiting your neighbors.

The next plank tourney is 4 weeks away, so that's no good.... how far are you from getting into the orc chapter?

DeletedUser5020

Yes, spells always cost you non-boosted relics, so they are different for everyone.
I think if you try to make a spell without having the needed relics the option to use diamonds appears instead (not sure, never ran out of relics yet)
Does the option to use diamonds instead of orcs appear when trying to negotiate?
Otherwise like thistleknot said you'll have to get them from visiting your neighbors.

The next plank tourney is 4 weeks away, so that's no good.... how far are you from getting into the orc chapter?

My rank isn't too bad - 906 - but I'm not even into Faerie territory yet. I guess I'll just have to give up on this challenge and hope for better next time. In the meantime I can collect the random snowflakes and maybe get one more present.

From what I can see it's either use diamonds to buy the orcs in order to complete the planks province or just forget it all and move along.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43

We have 30 days for this contest, so there is no rush. Just keep doing neighborly help on the world map and in your fellowship and every day you have some chances to get some more relics from the neighborly help chests. I'm hoping I get the spell itself from doing help because I don't have a magic academy at all.

SoggyShorts, do you see now why I said even getting a few extra relics from the tournaments really means a lot to some players? This is a perfect example.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
SoggyShorts, do you see now why I said even getting a few extra relics from the tournaments really means a lot to some players? This is a perfect example.
Kinda. Like I said in another thread: if you do 6 provinces 5 times during your PoP relic tournaments you more gain more relics than you can use even if you run MA 24/7 for 9 weeks making PoP spells.
Don't get me wrong, the extra 10-14 relics you get from checkpoints is nice, and I'm always happy when I get it, but if it dropped to 6 or 8 in a FS tournament it wouldn't have such a big impact that I'd seek out a "better" fellowship-- not by a long shot.
EDIT: it should be noted that I got those checkpoint relics on my own, that's why I'd be surprised if I got less with the new system-- even a small FS should do better than my goldmines.

DeletedUser

I am stuck on "make two Power of Provision" I probably scouted too many provinces too early. Now I have no way of getting the planks relics I need to create power of provisions. I can't scout any more planks provinces without orcs and I am not that far along yet. HOW CAN I GET PLANKS RELICS TO MAKE ANY MORE SPELLS?

There is a third option (no spending dias or praying for lucky relic/spel gain neighbours citys) but you wont like it, the EVENT gives you 3 planks relics on 50 snowflake gift boxes 12% chance....so you can open that kind of gift boxes till you got what relics you need.

dhhd50
http://prntscr.com/dhhd50

DeletedUser

I decided to try the 50 snow chest on my second city
So just to poke you :) http://prnt.sc/dhhr2s (second attempt)

And just to make fun of all the people who cant get the daily prize :p http://prnt.sc/dhhrur (4-th atempt) stoping now

Edited this

Gues what? i got to declare a gambaling problem, wanted to see how opening the 50 box goes so spended allmost 1k flakes on my secondary city and ended up with like 6 time relics (mostly marble, once planks and steel)/3 times 90 flakes and 1 time 50 flakes?? 3x 5 kp and 2x times runes and...4 snowfight daily! http://prntscr.com/dhi9ul (yes i changed chapters after the first prize)

I was realy hoping for flakes as much as posible, considering it has the highest cumulative chance (30%!!) of all boxes but in theory i was very unlucky at snowflakes reward.

If you are after globes not worth it the 50 box, same flakes would have gave me allmost 30% more globes

DeletedUser5251

This is why I always try to do at least the first one or two provinces for a few rounds in every tournament. It's cheaper than completing a regular province and I always have a healthy store of every relic. Not that that helps you at this point since the next planks tournament is so far away. On the bright side, I've noticed my treasures for neighborly help have overwhelmingly been relics vs KPs or spells. Plus, there's always the chance that you'll get the spell itself which would help a lot. Good luck. I think you have a pretty good chance of getting what you need over the next month at 3 chances per day X 29 days.

DeletedUser3312

My rank isn't too bad - 906 - but I'm not even into Faerie territory yet. I guess I'll just have to give up on this challenge and hope for better next time. In the meantime I can collect the random snowflakes and maybe get one more present.

Don't give up. you can get relics from tournaments, AND from using snowflakes to buy the gift boxes. those relics count. and of course there is a chance you will get them in a treasure chest. Actually tournaments are the very best way to get relics. Hopefully planks will come up in the rotation and you can get you a bunch of them. but don't give up! Just enjoy it as you go along.

DeletedUser3686

Try your luck a few times with the smallest gift box in the event. They all have a chance of giving relics; the smallest box gives basic relics, middle box gives crafted relics, and the largest gives magical. Once you win planks, you'll have 3 of them so that will set you for at least one of the quests. After that, hopefully you'll get lucky by getting them in the chests when you visit neighbors.

After this event, definitely make a point of stocking at least 25 or so relics of each type. Also do the tournaments every week, even if it's not for your boosted type. Those relics always come in handy eventually.