• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tutorial

Mighty Peach

You know how a lot of games have a tutorial section or even a level. Some MMOs for example have a whole island that's considered a noob island. For example, Exile's Reach in Shadowlands.

This thread isn't about suggesting Elvenar have something similar. But rather asking the question, which section of the tech tree do you consider the tutorial levels and why?

Alram

Flippers just flip
I consider the first 5 chapters to be the tutorial because that's when everything will be unlocked.

Officially, I think the time before entering your name would be considered the tutorial as you have no choice but to follow the blue arrows.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I consider the first 5 chapters to be the tutorial because that's when everything will be unlocked.

Officially, I think the time before entering your name would be considered the tutorial as you have no choice but to follow the blue arrows.

The name thing is only on the app, not the browser, I am pretty sure. And with the new tech tree, and tournament and Spire not being available until chapters 4 and 5, I would say the first 3 chapters should count as the tutorial.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Dawnham was the human default one.

I have played with mods, in my formative months. The tutorial is the first batch of quests in chapter one, about 20 of them iirc, in the old tech tree. These walk a player through important tasks, where to find gold and supplies, how to build and upgrade, the value of roads and culture, how to scout and solve your tier1 boosted province; but also how to visit neighbors. So perhaps at this point, the whole of chapter 1.

Alram

Flippers just flip
For "New Player" on mobile:
Choose a race.

A series of required quests appear with a blue arrow for guidance. You MUST follow the arrow.

Build Residence.
Build Road.
Research Workshop.
Build Workshop.
Research "culture" buildings.
Place a "culture" building.
Start Workshop Beverages.
Move Builders Hut.
Upgrade Residence.
Scout a province.
Negotiate an encounter.
Buy a Builder.

Enter your character name.

At this point, the blue arrow no longer appears. You are free!!!:)

Mighty Peach

A lot of different and interesting answers. I saw in another thread someone had the viewpoint the end of Orcs was the end of the tutorial. I thought that was a unique perspective.

I want to know when you believe the game stops holding your hand and you're finally in the deep end of things. @Alram Makes a good point about the 1st 5 chapters. The end of chapter V feels like the training wheels finally come off completely.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
A lot of different and interesting answers. I saw in another thread someone had the viewpoint the end of Orcs was the end of the tutorial. I thought that was a unique perspective.

I want to know when you believe the game stops holding your hand and you're finally in the deep end of things. @Alram Makes a good point about the 1st 5 chapters. The end of chapter V feels like the training wheels finally come off completely.
I have a few new guys in my group on EN. The furthest along among the new class is about to enter S&D. Normally, I wouldn't consider someone entering chap 10 "new", but he is coming to us from a reaaaaaally weak FS. His basic understanding of the game is VERY far behind. Recently, we had to cover how buildings are chaptered and how/why you'd might want to upgrade them with Royal Restorations or just replace them. Today we had to go over set buildings and rearrange old sets to maximize linked bonuses. This sort of knowledge isn't exactly "basic" knowledge, but it isn't "advanced" either. So where does the hand holding stop? Hard to say. It's a very open-ended game! You can ignore large swaths of the game and get away with it just fine, as he has shown, especially if you're playing very casually. The good news is he's been very eager beaver about learning and to him, it feels like a different game now that he's learned all these new facets of the game that he never knew about. He's adapting from casual to a more competitive style, which would require more awareness to the nuances. So it's really up to what a player wants to do that dictates when the learning stops. Sometimes bare minimum is good enough while others may want to dig into all the nitty gritty math and probabilities.