• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Twilight phoenix - the first poison pill in Elvenar...

StarLoad

No that is not a typo. I have a 700% culture bonus and it will be 750 plus soon. Love the LightHouse of Good Neighbors. It grants up to 12% culture bonus for each culture building with Ensorcelled Endowment & Neighborly help and extends my Ensorcelled Endowment to 4 days long. I keep more than 50 buildings with Ensorcelled Endowment. So 11% (currently) x 50 is an extra 550% + 150% (or 160) is >700%. To do so, I have my BTG (wholesaler 470% & growing), GBS (24 hr neighborly help) and PT (300% Power of Provision) also pretty much maxed out. ...
The 11% is added for each item and is not cumulative over all the items, so your real number is the 150% or 160% + the 11%. Not 700%

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I think you are mistaking the culture bonus that goes up to 170% and your math makes no sense.

Each EE placed on a polished culture building adds 5% to that normal max of 170%. If you have 50 buildings polished and with an EE, that is another 500% added to the 170%, or a 670% bonus to coins and supplies collected. Add in the bonus from the AW and it gets ridiculous.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I think it is very useful for manual fighters and also think it takes some of the sting out of auto-fighting, where losses are higher.
But...at the risk of sounding harsh, but I mean this respectfully, the bird will never substitute for a buffed army, good troop selection and good initial troop placement when it comes to winning or losing a battle.
I have found that, even in the easy initial Tourney battles, losing 100 Golems here and a thousand archers there can really add up without my tracking it. IMO, a 5% troop salvage iterated over many times really adds up more than I had realized.
I don't understand the distinction of manual vs auto-fighting here.
Twilight Phoenix said:
After each battle, automatically revives a percentage of each squad
I'm interpreting that as 5% of your starting squad size and not 5% of dead from battle. Therefore, isn't it the same number whether you manual fight or autofight, or am I misinterpreting?

I also don't think it's quite that dramatic to be a poison pill. Beginners might not even have figured out they should craft Pet Food yet, and if they did, I don't think people are quite such slow learners. I mean if you don't have a Timewarp or Polar Bear, the Fire Phoenix needs way more daily feedings for tournaments. I imagine a beginner won't have a Fire Phoenix evolved very high yet so that's also only a 5% boost at level 1. If they're pumping Fire Phoenix with Pet Food in its early stages, does that make Fire Phoenix a poison pill too?

StarLoad

Each EE placed on a polished culture building adds 5% to that normal max of 170%. If you have 50 buildings polished and with an EE, that is another 500% added to the 170%, or a 670% bonus to coins and supplies collected. Add in the bonus from the AW and it gets ridiculous.
Again you are mixing the numbers 5% of additional Culture is only 5% no matter how many times it is applied, I agree the resulting TOTAL of goods is increased but that is not the same as the culture bonus. If you sum up all the goods you have a large AW bonus but the actual culture bonus is still 5% PLUS the 170%

Ed

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
Again you are mixing the numbers 5% of additional Culture is only 5% no matter how many times it is applied, I agree the resulting TOTAL of goods is increased but that is not the same as the culture bonus. If you sum up all the goods you have a large AW bonus but the actual culture bonus is still 5% PLUS the 170%

Ed
Wait, Ed, now you have me confused. Are you saying that one can never take a city's culture bonus higher than 175%?

StarLoad

The culture bonus is not the same as an AW Bonus is the real answer and they get added not multiplied so if you get a 5% culture addition for the AW your effect individually would be 170+5=175.

Also, we have gone way off topic from the OP's intent

BrinDarby

I'm currently @ 195% culture bonus ....

Ed, if the +5% ( per bldg ) is effected to +12% ( per bldg )
when they are sparkled with EE, with the right AW ....
10 bldgs is +120% versus the reg + 50%.

If Michael has 50 such bldgs, all sparkled, thats +600% culture.

StarLoad

Again the Culture bonus is not the same as the resulting benefit. if the AW bonus is 5% then that 5% is added to the culture bonus all but the resulting goods bonus is the outcome. If you have more than 170% culture bonus, then you do. The normal bonus stops at 170, If I remember right, and anything above that is from other factors like visits, AW, and EE spells.

StarLoad

Just for fun I just sparkled some of the buildings. Starting at 160% culture I did 4 and my culture bonus went to 180%. I then sparkled 2 more and No change, still shows 20%. I then sparkled 2 more for a total 8 and the culture bonus we up to 25%. Next 2 more and No Change still 25% after 10 sparkled buildings. Just saying that the numbers don't add up like you think.

Just did 10 more sparkles and now the bonus is 30% for 20 buildings... so 190% culture
Just did 10 more sparkles and now the bonus is 35% for 30 buildings ... so 195% culture
just did 10 more sparkles and now the bonus is 45% for 40 buildings ... so 205% culture

Ed

Last edited:

AnselSkye

Just for fun I just sparkled some of the buildings. Starting at 160% culture I did 4 and my culture bonus went to 180%. I then sparkled 2 more and No change, still shows 20%. I then sparkled 2 more for a total 8 and the culture bonus we up to 25%. Next 2 more and No Change still 25% after 10 sparkled buildings. Just saying that the numbers don't add up like you think.

Just did 10 more sparkles and now the bonus is 30% for 20 buildings... so 190% culture
Just did 10 more sparkles and now the bonus is 35% for 30 buildings ... so 195% culture
just did 10 more sparkles and now the bonus is 45% for 40 buildings ... so 205% culture

Ed

Keep in mind the sparkles only add the 5% -- or higher with AWs -- bonus to buildings with neighborly visits. And this only happens once -- subsequent EEs only add to the timer. MM must have active fellows and neighbors stopping by often, and their help sticks around longer thanks the the Great Bell Spire.

Edit: Is it possible for one player give multiple neighborly helps if the recipient has the extended duration? If that's the case, it's not surprising for one to have 50+ helping hands at any given time.

Last edited:

Zoof

3 sparkles. 170% to 185%, making sure that for the purpose of the experiment, it is done only to buildings that currently have the Helping Hands buff, and having checked the boost between each application. Were I to do this to a total of 50 buildings, ALL of which had been helped? That'd be 170% + (5% * 50) = 420%.

To be clear, what that culture is boosting is coins from taxes and supplies from workshops. The example below is the workshop. Let's say you have that 185% boost. You chop off the first 100% because that's your base value, leaving 85% to be the additional goods that you get. A bit of checking reveals this:
ELVENAR_help_02.jpg

My PoP effect weighs in at 262.5%, so it seems that the enchantment bonus is stacking such that regular production plus culture bonus is being calculated first before getting additional enchantments added on. (3100+2635) * 2.625 = 15054.375. That checks out

Also, the end effect of the relevant Ancient Wonder is a lot less powerful than it suggests, a bit like Prosperity Tower's effect on Power of Provision. It's not adding the percentage to what's there; it's replacing the base value with the displayed value. That first fun level of Lighthouse? That's not 5+6. It's just overwriting 5 with the new 6.

So the math works out to 170 + (6 * 50) = 470%

... and I'm out of time to keep working on this post. Proofread later. TODO: Give boost example from other end of lighthouse scale. what it'd be at lv 30 lighthouse of good neighborhood... or w/e it's called

EDIT2: ElvenArchitect says base level of the bright cat chapter AW is 20%, which tracks. 5% * 1.20 = 6. At level 30, the boost is 120%, so 5% * 2.20 = 11%. Levels 31 through 35 raise this to a fixed 140%, so 5% * 2.40 = 12%; the only thing that keeps going up past level 30 would be the length of time EE stays applied and whatever "Neighborly Help Mana Production" does. Still, this explains where the 11% figure is coming from if how it was arrived at was not in error (which I admittedly don't know because I didn't read the wall of text describing what seems to be interesting with the care that an embedded devices developer would a datasheet)

EDIT3: Added an example of what a culture boost of 185% would look like on a residence. From a base of 48700, the bonus would be 48700 * 0.85 = 41395.0, which tracks with what the image is telling me. And yes, I did check that the HH didn't expire from the three trees I put EE on.
ELVENAR_help_03.jpg

Oddly enough, the coin production from the Echoes of the Forgotten event building tells me that the culture boost *also* applies to it. Now I want to know if other such event buildings are boosted by it too. Unfortunately, I'm in no mood to wait 24h more hours and the +4kp that I'm currently having it produce is much tastier in my opinion.

Last edited:

StarLoad

3 sparkles. 170% to 185%, making sure that for the purpose of the experiment, it is done only to buildings that currently have the Helping Hands buff, and having checked the boost between each application. Were I to do this to a total of 50 buildings, ALL of which had been helped? That'd be 170% + (5% * 50) = 420%.
Thank you for a better explanation and pictures to boot

Ed