• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Twilight phoenix - the first poison pill in Elvenar...

DeletedUser27062

From all I have read and seen feeding the brown bear and using it once for a collection, even if the Que was filled and completed would seem to be inefficient. Everyone I have talked to that uses it feeds the bear or posted on the forum about it uses time instants to pump out troops, this would seem to be the common practice.

Ed

Yes, I agree but we're talking about what is required to make troops, not just the most efficient way. If you're going to include timers and instants then it seems appropriate to bring up the time warp and fully evolved polar bear to get the most out of the TL Phoenix yes?

StarLoad

Yes, I agree but we're talking about what is required to make troops, not just the most efficient way. If you're going to include timers and instants then it seems appropriate to bring up the time warp and fully evolved polar bear to get the most out of the TL Phoenix yes?
only the Polar bear since the TW doesn't use petfood, but yes feeding the polar bear does make the TP more efficient and without it and using no time instants you could get 3 rounds of tourney play done before the TP bonus expires. So it is a fair comparison to the BB. Although the time difference of 3 versus the whole tourney does not really equate, it is a factor to consider.

Personally, I think the BB should last as long as the TP and the same for many other of the short-time Petfood bldgs.

Ed

only the Polar bear since the TW doesn't use petfood, but yes feeding the polar bear does make the TP more efficient and without it and using no time instants you could get 3 rounds of tourney play done before the TP bonus expires. So it is a fair comparison to the BB. Although the time difference of 3 versus the whole tourney does not really equate, it is a factor to consider.

Personally, I think the BB should last as long as the TP and the same for many other of the short-time Petfood bldgs.

Ed
I think I am misreading something here. How do you get 3 rounds of tourney done within 12 hours without using the timewarp, polar bear, or time instants? The brown bear and the twilight phoenix have the same 12 hours of feeding effect.

StarLoad

@Linnea Shadowwalker Pretty sure he meant with timewarp but without polar bear. ;)
I do have a TW that reduces the cooldown by 80% which is the maximum and it does not require petfood , hence I was removing that from the feeding effect we were talking about. For me, the TW makes the cooldown 3:12 min so only 3 can be completed in 12 hours w/o any time instants. With the polar bear fed (level 6 only) it reduces the cooldown to 48 Min, which makes all 6 rounds doable in 12 hours.

Ed

Meggi

Hello everyone,
so first, I have to thank INNO for finally fixing the great disadvantage for the advanced players.
I have 4 TP, and I use them all, I finish the tourney in 12 hours now, ( no need for extra pet food)and my army does not get "killed" anymore. To be clear, it just offsets the imbalance that was there prior to the TP, where I could not even advance pass province 40 with enormous losses, game is fun again, and yes, it did instill little of the equilibrium into the game again.I hope it stays that way.I would not use TP's in my small city, simply because of the lack of pet food, but its a good thing to have for later chapters where the costs are enormous for the tournament.
For now,Ill take advantage of it while it lasts...

DeletedUser27062

Although the time difference of 3 versus the whole tourney does not really equate, it is a factor to consider.
Which is why I brought up the Timewarp. Without it the phoenix is far less useful & attractive.

Moho

Chef
I find myself using the brown bear less
Exactly. Resorting to the Twilight Phoenix saves time, effort, and resources in re-building your troops.

When I don't need to pace my ascension due to an ongoing event, I go up the Spire in one breath and it takes me about an hour (sometimes way less - it depends) and I find using the Twilight Phoenix a real pleasure.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
From all I have read and seen feeding the brown bear and using it once for a collection, even if the Que was filled and completed would seem to be inefficient. Everyone I have talked to that uses it feeds the bear or posted on the forum about it uses time instants to pump out troops, this would seem to be the common practice.

Ed
I don't usually use time instants. I usually just feed it and come back often to get the troops. Although I will use timers if I'm in a desperate situation during a push, but that's not the norm. I can see how it would be for some, though, so I'm not contradicting you, but I just don't get that many timers despite the spire. (Or maybe I just like to use my timers for other things. :) ) Then again ... I still cater quite a bit, so I'm the odd ball, considering I'm in Traders.

Raccon

I fight most of the time but, I use my brown bear occasionally when my losses are unusually high and very seldom I use time boosters as BB's output on it's own is pretty good.
It increases my supply usage though, but I have to spend my excess supplies somewhere, and it's better spending excess supplies on troop training than at the wholesaler.
To me, supplies are easier to replace than time boosters.

Raccon

Why confused? Time buster's application ain't limited to reducing cool down periods in Spier or Tournaments. They are very versatile in other areas as well. They can be used to shorten the production or construction time of a vriety of buildings. For example, you can finish building constructions in minuts rather than in 2-3 days etc...

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I don't know what newer players do with their time boosters, but I used mine to get through chapters 17 and 18 in about four months each and chapter 19 in five month. Without the boosters, each would have taken a lot longer. Besides, this is a bad game for hoarders to play, if they are also impatient. lol

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Same. This might convince me to finally build that BTG I've been putting off. I just need to hear what supporting spells we're talking about.

If you combine magic workshops, BTG, Sunset tower, EE and PP spells you can create an ungodly amount of supplies (great for brown bear btw)
You can throw this ungodly amount of supplies in the wholesaler and get 2.5- 3m goods per day

BTG is at level 30

For example: my wholesaler costs are:

I usually end up at 3600 or 4200 or a mix of it.

My gains are:
T1: 120K
T2: 80K
T3: 53K

When you combine those 6 option you end up daily with:
T1: 1.2-1.44m goods
T2: 800-960K goods
T3: 530-636K goods

So yeah it's MASSIVE!

Last edited:

Tehya1

I got a second base. Someday, if I can evolve that second base and hit 50 provinces, get the timewarp plus manage to craft enough pet food that I have extra after feeding the fire chicken and polar bear, I might try feeding them again. For now, the one evolved twilight buzzard is probably going into storage.

mikeledo

The Twilight Phoenix can be a pet food black hole unless you do one-day fights. I have noticed a possible change coming on in fighting strategy. One often employs a decoy to soak up punishment, but with the phoenix, maybe spreading it around is better. Let's say you lose one full squad in a fight as a decoy and no other damage. You get 5% back which gives you a 95% squad loss. If we spread it around and pretend we lost an average of 22% for each of the 5 squads with at least 5% per squad which gives us a 110% squad loss, 10% more loss than before. However, getting back 5% per squad gives a 25% squad return making the total loss 85% of a squad. So in this case you would save 10% of a squad. I am not sure how this will work in real battles, but hypothetically, the decoy may not be the best option.