• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Twilight phoenix - the first poison pill in Elvenar...

Moho

Chef
I admit I'm not a number person. I always work with approximations and it works fine with me. What I've noticed is that it took me less to rebuild my troops after fighting the Spire. It seems more comfortable than using the Brown Bear for the same purpose. From my limited perspective, of course.

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
If you would lose 10% of your troops in every battle ...
... and you get 5% back, than that would mean you cut your losses in half."

Wow, that is a lot more powerful than I thought. I assume the instants work similarly?

BTW, the leading player in my world bought 8 level 10 birds. As he gets back 40% of his troop strength (but no more than his losses), that is unbelievably powerful. Makes my strategy of using the retailer pretty meaningless. It explains his personal Tourney score of 27,000 (120 provinces done 6 times). Money talks. I suppose Inno is happy. I imagine there must also be an opportunity to buy Pet Food for Money/Diamonds, but that is just spending money, not playing a game at some point.

Killy-

A Player in my world is scoring over 30k points now. I kinda lost my interest to compete with this p2w in the last weeks.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
A Player in my world is scoring over 30k points now. I kinda lost my interest to compete with this p2w in the last weeks.
It's a spectator sport for the rest of us. Someone in my FS does occasional pushes for tourney glory and doesn't spend money. The top guy is usually the dude with the 10 twilight and 13 red pandas, but occasionally someone does take him down without a small zoo of animals and it's a big ha ha moment. It's an impressive feat for a free-to-play player! They've definitely pushed the bar well past 20k now. Haven't hit 30k yet in my world, but we shall see...

crackie

Oh look....sour grapes.
He's free to buy 10 of each animals to keep the lights on. I'm free to point and laugh at his attempt to emulate Matt Damon's struggles in maintaining the zoo he bought as an entertaining spectator sport.

crackie

That's right. I do have a draft pick in the game. We wear the same jersey colors. Though, it was by luck he wound up on my team. I slept through the draft but he showed up at my door. If my horse decides to race that week, he can shower my team with free runes afterwards! All it costs me is some pep rally level cheering, well exercised pointing finger, and delicious schadenfreude flavored popcorn.

Zoof

I'd like to comment that a f2p player can occasionally beat out an interdimensional space whale hosting a menagerie of birbs and bears. It takes a lot of doing and prep time and is totally something that nobody without a googolplex of provinces can do, but the idea is simple in theory:

0. Spend forfivever reaching over 110 of a particular province scouted and completed. The more, the merrier. (112+ provinces required for 30k pts)
1. Attack the homes with the blue light of judgement teleport big buildings away for space
2. Flood the freed up space with enough dwarven armorers and enlightened light range buildings to be seen from the International Space Station via naked eye.
3. Find out what the Big Bastions of Bulky Buddha Bowmen does to the competition. Hint: You may need more than one mopbucket to deal with the aftermath. And maybe a landscaper.

Yes, I do sometimes enjoy looking at cities where half the population are employed as part-time pooper scoopers, but something really tickles my fancy when you see a rather unassuming elf in the corner whip out a whole warehouse industrial park worth of cans-'o-whoopass

Last edited:

Killy-

I am just curious how they gonna change the tournament, so that the same players have a reason to buy the next big thing. ^^

Tehya1

Well, I have a second buzzard base and a modest income, so I am happy to take the scenic route though this game until more artifacts become available. lol

Gkyr

Chef
I only built the Twilight in my active US city because I have one of every evolving building there. I did not build it at all in my main Beta city because I needed to convert the artifacts into more Fire and Ashen artifacts, I will take 50% extra damage over 5% troop revival any day.
For those of us who use the bird, it is not a question of one or the other. I wouldn't use TP without FP, but your choice makes sense for your city.

Zoof

Arendyll, right? I count 10 in their city. I have no idea how much that must've cost.
If the math remains similar between events, somewhere around 1.5k USD, give or take half a grand.
I'm actually coming up with 1276USD based on zombie bird math, assuming the first base is free.

Gkyr

Chef
Well, it has been 5 months now and, while I have a comfortable number of Pet Food, I really ignore the TP bird most of the time. I have not noticed the difference in the drawdown of my troops with respect to the inter-Tourney buildup of them. I think I have become large enough that the routine production of troops has enough momentum to carry me through the Spires and Tournies. Also, I have relaxed down from turning out 10K Tourney scores; I have no point to prove and enough KP for my almost-maxxed-out AWs.

What would stress out my city would be if I auto-fought. Then my resources would diminish. But since the chess-like battles are really the only thing that holds my interest I don't see that happening soon.