• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Two Prizes for Mystical Object

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightshadeCS

Game version: v1.82.3-(5f49714) (2019-07-03 09:16)
Game world: Arendyll
Browser + version: Chrome Version 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Flash Player version: using HTML5
Operating System: Windows 10
Screen resolution: 1920 x 1080
Account name: NightshadeCS
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 1/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: N/A

Current situation:
Two prizes are being displayed as options for the Mystical Object in the Crafting tab of the Magic Academy. This morning (7-15-19, ~10:00 am CDT US), opened Mystical Object chest and received a prize (there were three options available for that prize). When the new prize list appeared for the next available Mystical Object, only two prizes showed, with an equal 50% chance of gaining either.
__

Expected situation:
Three options for the Mystical Object in the Crafting tab of the Magic Academy, as described in the Wiki.
__

Reproduction Steps
Open Mystical Object Chest
2. Mousing over Mystical Object chest to view prize options
3. __
4. __
5. __

Add more steps if needed. Include only ONE action for each step!

Screenshots of the bug:
Mystical Object Prizes - 2.png

Mystical Object Wiki.png

DeletedUser23679

The wiki article is wrong. There were never only 3 price chests.
Each object has 2-4 Prices.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Definitely a bug or glitch, since until the past 24 hours, no one had reported ever getting a chest with only two choices, and then suddenly a bunch of us did during the same game day, though not everyone. As I commented in the Crafting Feedback thread, My girlfriend and I both filled a chest yesterday, but I got the two choices in the next chest, while she got the usual three choices. We both completed a chest near the end of the Solstice Event, trying for the Sun Flares, but the one completed yesterday was the first for her since the end of that event, while it was the second one I have completed since the end of the event. So whatever caused this is not consistent. We are both using browser, so still on 1.82 and not one of the mobile players who got at least some of 1.83 already.

NightshadeCS

@arayla I see a thread on the Beta Forum that expresses a little bit of confusion as to WHY there are now only two prize options in the Mystical Objects when there is no event running. It makes sense that the event currency replaces one of the three while there is an event, but I fail to understand why there would only be two when there is no event currently. Unless Inno or someone would like to announce a change to this game element and update their Wiki accordingly. :)

NightshadeCS

@arayla Thanks for that link, I didn't find that one in my search. The Elvenar Team member's reply leaves me decidedly unsatisfied. :rolleyes::p

Oh well, it's not a real bee in my bonnet. Definitely not the first nor the last time things will be inconsistent. :D:eek::rolleyes:

DeletedUser23679

@NightshadeCS I agree with you. This is the post that was marked "Not a Bug" by Marindor: https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/mystical-object-only-has-2-rewards.13222/

The Wiki seems outdated (not the first time for sure). The good news is that there are 3 mystical objects available as rewards in my Beta city again, so I think it will be just a short time here that we have only 2 items.
Would be awesome if you read the answer before assume something. Atm Beta and Live has the exact same Mystical Objects.
With no Event running there are some objects only containing 2 prices and some with 3 prices. With an event running all mystical objects will have a chance to get event_currency so each objects contains 3-4 prices then.

I have no time to check but as far as i remember only 2 out of the 10 objects cointain 2 prices this is why many people don't know they exist because now is the first time after the summer event when they reached an object with lower prices.

DeletedUser19483

I got the same but I just thought that was what's happening for this chest.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Would be awesome if you read the answer before assume something. Atm Beta and Live has the exact same Mystical Objects.
With no Event running there are some objects only containing 2 prices and some with 3 prices. With an event running all mystical objects will have a chance to get event_currency so each objects contains 3-4 prices then.

I have no time to check but as far as i remember only 2 out of the 10 objects cointain 2 prices this is why many people don't know they exist because now is the first time after the summer event when they reached an object with lower prices.

No clue where you are getting your info from, since you have provided no links to any info, but I have opened over 20 of the vision vapor chests so far and I have never had the 2 prize option happen until yesterday, along with many other players. And while I have not tracked the exact contents of those 20+, I have not noticed more than two or three of them being repeats of past chests, with the first repeat not happening til around the 8th or 9th chest and the next repeat several chests after that. So even if it was only 10 options when crafting was added, they have obviously expanded on that since the addition of crafting.

DeletedUser23679

No clue where you are getting your info from, since you have provided no links to any info, but I have opened over 20 of the vision vapor chests so far and I have never had the 2 prize option happen until yesterday, along with many other players. And while I have not tracked the exact contents of those 20+, I have not noticed more than two or three of them being repeats of past chests, with the first repeat not happening til around the 8th or 9th chest and the next repeat several chests after that. So even if it was only 10 options when crafting was added, they have obviously expanded on that since the addition of crafting.
There is no website that shares this information as far as i know.

With the introduction of event_currency in mystical objects all 10 objects were changed so it's obvious that you encounter this only in the last weeks.
Feels free to save up to 1000 Vision Vapor and write down all objects.

Crowella

I completed my first ever chest recently. It had only two prizes, 35 KP and 8-hour boosters, with 50% chance of getting each one, but I had it during the event when it also had sun flares. So that was my first chest from crafting ever. Now the second chest that is in progress is 33% 500 diamonds and 67% 5x Ancient Knowledge 10. I am not complaining. I don't see any reason to think this is a bug rather than an intentional part of the game.

NightshadeCS

I completed my first ever chest recently. It had only two prizes, 35 KP and 8-hour boosters, with 50% chance of getting each one, but I had it during the event when it also had sun flares. So that was my first chest from crafting ever. Now the second chest that is in progress is 33% 500 diamonds and 67% 5x Ancient Knowledge 10. I am not complaining. I don't see any reason to think this is a bug rather than an intentional part of the game.
Thanks, @Crowella , that is helpful information.

Yes, it does not surprise me that there has been a recent change. When some of us folks were mentioning this in another thread, someone suggested putting a bug report up about it, so I did. As with many of the "bugs" in this game, I suspected it might not be, but wanted to have the record of this unusual development somewhere where it might get an answer from someone with official capacity. :rolleyes::rolleyes::D

DeletedUser23679

I don't know why the changes in the objects are not really written in the patchnotes but i feel like it's more like the community manager are not that well informed about "minor changes". Last friday some mystical objects were changed on beta that will most likely not be visible in the patchnotes if they are going live.
To be honest this time these changed are really small (fixing chests which had 101% in it) and adjusting the percentages for the first 2 Objects but there were bigger changes (swapping/removing buildings) that went live without being mentioned in the patchnotes(at least not in the international or german ones, i don't check every market).

Status
Not open for further replies.