• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Un"bear"able Spire Prizes

Aritra

A pure caterer will struggle at the very top of leader boards but is otherwise totally viable. BUT it will probably have a barracks and win things like Dwarven armorers that go to waste.
I just started my second city a few days ago and it does not have barracks!
In my origin city, that was something I was told to place, as are many things as it guides you through getting started. But I later discovered that as a caterer, the barracks were worthless. That's one thing, but the real disappointment is discovering they are one of only a few non-sellable buildings, so serious waste of space.
And, yes, I'm tired of getting DAs in the Spire. Coveted by many but useless to me.
[edit: leader boards are the last thing I care about so, though viable, I'm not even trying to climb the board.
My comment was more toward barracks and DA.]

Last edited:

Aritra

I'm not to the absolute top of the laboratory yet, but so far I've had no less than six bonus chests (throughout the Spire) that have had a bear artifact in them and I still haven't managed to get a single one. RNG giving bonus chests is good. RNG taunting me in showing me artifacts it won't let me have is just plain mean.
As a caterer, I only clear the first two floors. This week, I had three chests containing bears but didn't get one (I may have gotten another darn DA, lol). I'm not worried, though. It's the first week. It's nice to get somewhere right away so you don't have to worry about it, but there's still time. If I still strike out two weeks from now... then I'll be irritated. ;)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I'm not to the absolute top of the laboratory yet, but so far I've had no less than six bonus chests (throughout the Spire) that have had a bear artifact in them and I still haven't managed to get a single one. RNG giving bonus chests is good. RNG taunting me in showing me artifacts it won't let me have is just plain mean.

Here is RNG for you. My 2nd Bear this week came from the chest for the 2nd floor boss. The artifact, at 10%, has the lowest chance of all the prizes and I got it, when I wanted the 75 diamonds, and those have a 45% chance to be the prize.

Rp44

My luck this week has been abysmal as well. 2 artifacts total in my 7 cities, with only one section (4 encounters) left in all of them. :/

I am crossing my fingers for my luck to even out in the coming weeks. Seeing other people being luckier gives me hope. ☺

DeletedUser26243

A hybrid is actually the best, as with most things.

A pure caterer will struggle at the very top of leader boards but is otherwise totally viable. BUT it will probably have a barracks and win things like Dwarven armorers that go to waste.

A pure Fighter will eventually get stuck by bad terrain or something and be forced to buy their way out.
To advance your city through chapters you need factories anyways so you might as well put excess goods to work for you somewhere instead of hoarding them for no reason (like me)
I like your answer love the time boosts in spire especially the DA along with Magic residences or the magic work shops Rite now can make it to top every time so all along training my troops n using the time boost Forgot the cc’s from spire my FS is good at getting up spire so even when we don’t get gold we get them cc’s. Yup I think rite now it’s working great I’m in chapter 7 also to me I think u can’t do one with out the other ( T n spire) to gain ground in the game so I reckon will stick with what works for me.

Farinx

I do first 2 full levels of spire every week, no exceptions, other than I did full spire for 4 of 6 weeks of Phoenix rotation.

Here's my full results:
2 phoenix artifacts
2 Stonehenge
3 mermaid
1 bear

Are my results typical or am I unlucky?

Farinx

0 bear on my other account that got to the top. When the artifact rotations started, I expected to be able to get enough to make crafting the Evo building worth it, but now I'm resigned to hoping they will be useful somehow in the future.

I do miss the Moonstone pieces, despite their flaws. Each one was a prize instead of now you get 1/10th of a prize at a time that after six weeks still doesn't add up to a full prize.

Soleil Nightbloom

It feels like I have overall bad luck with getting artifacts for the evolving buildings in the spire. When the phoenix artifacts were in the spire I only got three phoenix artifacts for the entire six weeks and that’s with going to the top! Then with Stonehenge, I received three artifacts overall. For the mermaid, I got six artifacts which for me is amazing and thought my luck was turning around. Now, with the bear artifacts in the spire it’s back to no artifacts so far, but I remain forever hopeful that it gets better for me.

T6583

I got 1 bear artifact in one city and 2 in another. None in the other 3 cities this week.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
To update my previous post, I have gotten one artifact per floor, so 3 for the week, which is one more than I needed. Now to see how many extras I get in the next 5 weeks.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
I do first 2 full levels of spire every week, no exceptions, other than I did full spire for 4 of 6 weeks of Phoenix rotation.

Here's my full results:
2 phoenix artifacts
2 Stonehenge
3 mermaid
1 bear

Are my results typical or am I unlucky?
Doing only 2 levels might screw the results a lot, not only 1 less chance on the map but also less opportunities for other chests for example,

So you reduce your chances by at least 33%

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I got 8 stonehenge and 6 mermaid during the whole cycles of both, and I went to the top of the spire every week during both cycles. I'm not sure if it's particularly lucky or typical. But as I said, only one bear artifact so far.