• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Understanding goods production?

DeletedUser

I'm up to the crystal/scroll/silk production level (I believe referred to as tier 2 or T2) and was browsing for tips on bumping up production on some items that lag behind. I'm gathering from what I have read that the production boosts are random? Does the production also randomize the other 2 items for each tier? Example: my marble received the boost, my steel production is ok...ish, but my planks production struggles, same for T2 in that order.

DeletedUser

From what I understand, the relics you gather (check that tab in your main hall) helps your boosted goods. If marble is boosted than the amount of marble relics you find on your world map has a factor in how well it is boosted. Hope that helps. :)

DeletedUser

Ahhhh! Ok, I see it. So I'm guessing there is also a slightly higher production of northwest, northeast, and south as for me those are steel and scrolls so far and I struggle in planks and silk-which don't touch my city borders at all.

DeletedUser61

slightly higher production of northwest, northeast, and south
The boosts are HUGE, 300% or more once you've reached mid-game.

You get NOTHING extra for your non-boosted goods. It's basically crazy to manufacture non-boosted goods.

On the map, every second row, on the 11 o'clock to 5 o'clock diagonal, will have identical relics. Consequently, you're never more than 5 sectors from any relic.

9Bar.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43

Hi Lady! Welcome. Each of us only has three goods boosted. One from tier 1, one from tier 2, and one from tier 3. You can tell which goods will be boosted for you by going to the world map and then click on the relic icon (the one on the right with the binoculars on the left and the bulls-eye in the middle). If you have marble boosted then you will be able to trade your marble for planks. This is because for the same size factory, you will make many more marble than planks. So, it doesn't benefit you to make planks at all. All that time you could be making much more marble!

Then, as you negotiate or fight your way through the world map and gain relics from the boosted goods you have, you will get an even bigger boost! So, try to find provinces (hexagons) with little marble icons and that should help you!

Does that answer your question?

sigma957

so my three are (or will be) planks, crystal and magic dust. Should I not have manufacturers for the other goods and just buy them with planks? I know I'm struggling getting marble and steel.

DeletedUser

Overall, you'll produce more goods if you only produce your boosted goods and trade for the rest. This works best in an environment where you have active neighbors, or if you join a fellowship that is active with trading. You can purchase from the wholesaler with your boosted goods if necessary, but you'll get the most value posting 2 star trades with others who are producing the other 2 goods as boosted.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
so my three are (or will be) planks, crystal and magic dust. Should I not have manufacturers for the other goods and just buy them with planks? I know I'm struggling getting marble and steel.

Yes!
Join a good fellowship where everyone trades and where there is enough of your unboosted Goods.
Then sell your unboosted factories.
:)

DeletedUser594

You need a full, active and balanced fellowship that encourages boosted production for healthy trade. Fellowships that work like a team where members contribute their strengths (boosted production) generally succeed and have an abundance of goods. In a fellowship like that the game flows pretty well. In an unbalanced fellowship you can wait for days on a trade, get stuck on the research tree, not have enough to build and generally be stuck in neutral getting frustrated and bored until everyone just quits. If you find yourself in the latter type of fellowship don't stay so long it ruins your game- find a better fit. There should be no need for unboosted goods production whatsoever (need not choice) , trades should move in the same day at the latest and in quantities of several hundreds by ch.3 and thousands shortly after. Consider your membership in a fellowship a trial run until you know the structure is supportive- fellowships desire good players and your boosts in particular make you an attractive candidate-the market is in your favor so don't settle for less.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
You need a full, active and balanced fellowship that encourages boosted production for healthy trade. Fellowships that work like a team where members contribute their strengths (boosted production) generally succeed and have an abundance of goods. In a fellowship like that the game flows pretty well. In an unbalanced fellowship you can wait for days on a trade, get stuck on the research tree, not have enough to build and generally be stuck in neutral getting frustrated and bored until everyone just quits. If you find yourself in the latter type of fellowship don't stay so long it ruins your game- find a better fit. There should be no need for unboosted goods production whatsoever (need not choice) , trades should move in the same day at the latest and in quantities of several hundreds by ch.3 and thousands shortly after. Consider your membership in a fellowship a trial run until you know the structure is supportive- fellowships desire good players and your boosts in particular make you an attractive candidate-the market is in your favor so don't settle for less.

Excellent advice!
I would add this, for completeness sake:

Of course, not everyone plays at the same level - some people like to play just a few minutes every day, or maybe only a few times every week; many people are too busy in the Real World to visit their fellowship members every single day.
It is best to find a fellowship of like-minded people who play at your level! Then people will not be bitching and nagging at you to play, visit and trade more often - and you will not be bitching and nagging at people who play, visit and trade too seldom!

:)

Last edited:

sigma957

Well, this has been very helpful. Now I just need to find a fellowship who needs planks, crystal and eventually magic dust. In Winyandor. Any suggestions, let me know. Thanks!

(On several times a day at least, FYI)

DeletedUser

I recommend just browsing though the fellowships in the first 100 rankings. Click on "view fellowship" and read the description to see any that might work for you that are looking for your boosts. Unfortuately, my group "Voodoo Pirates" is looking for Scrolls right now. Good luck! You might also post on the "Players Seeking Fellowships" board on the Winyandor forum.

DeletedUser2449

Hard to find a fellowship that will take a nooby though they all seem to want players that have already boosted.

Or know how to play

DeletedUser

Many fellowships are willing to take on newer players, although some of the more advanced ones prefer only established players. On the other hand, you may have to wait a week or so before joining the fellowship you want... Many won't accept you until you've built the trader, simply because until then you can't participate in trading. Also, many players quit playing the game after a few days, so if you can prove you're willing to stick around, you'll be a better candidate. If you're having a problem finding a fellowship, post in the "players looking for fellowships" forum for your world, and you'll probably be snapped up right away. Sometimes it's just a matter of right place right time. A personal message to the Archmage is also better than an out-of-the blue application.

For example, my fellowship routinely takes on newer players, although after they've earned some points & built a trader. We don't have a point requirement, but want to know that you didn't join today and will quit tomorrow. Right now, however, we're kind of at capacity for them and really needing someone boosted and producing magic dust & scrolls, since we're short on those in order to keep our trades balanced. However, if one of our newer players leaves, we'd be happy to take on an active newbie - and that could happen at any time. Don't give up, and best of luck on finding the right fit for you!