• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Unemployment

BizDani

What a mixed up world... In my Elvenar city I have 5% unemployment rate. And I think to myself - AWESOME I can expand, I can improve and I do.

How do we make that work in the real world?

Takes bringing money and opportunity where there is little money and opportunity doesn't it? Lets do that. How do we do that?

Biz

DeletedUser5800

I like keeping my unemployment to a minimum, I thought of suggesting a prison once and the new metric of a crime rate that went up with the unemployment rate unless you had said prison on x lv. The prison would consume resources but if you didn't build a prison and the crime rate got to high goods would start disappearing. I decided it was a lame idea that didn't fit the theme because it was.. but since you mentioned it. LOL

BizDani

I don't think it is a lame idea at all. Elvenar seems to be a much more simplified city/community building game so far. Maybe they will one day add things like crime and prisons to make the game more reflective of some of the negativity in the real-world. Of course then comes disease, and disasters and chaos, for now we just have people who trade their goods for outrageous mark-up. Kinda nice that time is the only resource for producing food, beverages tools and the like in this world. That would be a nice export to the real world.

I think am ok with it being a little more idealic escape for my low-pressure entertainment for now. :O)

DeletedUser5800

Seriously, I had a whole deal mapped out, criminals for humans, dark elves for elves... I thought it would be interesting to have to pay attention to the 'unemployment' rate as it was kind of a game I played with myself already... I spent threes of hours on the idea before it occurred to me it was just to dismal and RL reflective to tarnish a fantastical escape with.

BizDani

I still like the concept though. You said dark elves... makes me think of Dirzzt Do'Urden of the Drow and the Forgotten Realm series books.

Maybe one of InnoGames's other games like Forge of Empires?

Calenmir

Well, after this event is over I'm going to have major unemployment in my cities. I guess I'll be upgrading and building more T2 and T3 to put them to work.